нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Top Ten List: Time-Leeching Video Games
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Top Ten List: Time-Leeching Video Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: Top Ten List: Time-Leeching Video Games
i was presented with a hypothetical situation from a friend a few days ago: if i were to pause everything right now and look back at my life thus far, what specific video games would be accredited to taking up the largest amount of time in my overall life? he asked this hoping i'd write another column a la the top ten anime and rpg lists i've done in the past, and it looks like he'll be successful...

while i haven't fully thought out a concrete list yet, there's no doubt in my mind that super mario bros. 3 for the nes will hold the top spot for me now and forever, as i have nearly every aspect of that game burned into my brain from playing it almost non-stop over a five-year span...diablo, doom, and doom 2 would have to show up on my top five somewhere, and from there i have to do some more thinking...

while i take the time to contemplate my list and then write it out, i thought i'd present this question to the infolink community...what video games (includes console, pc, handheld, etc.) have sucked away the most hours of your life?
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 12:28 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well RPGs in general have been the reason I've been failing english. The most time I ever spent on one was Skies Of Arcadia which took me a month and a half. Then Metriod Prime took me about three weeks.

But you talk about Time sucking? For consoles it wwould have to be SSBM, in total I've got about 300hours on that game and counting.

PC is another matter. About half of the last three years of my life has been spent playing Counter-Strike or Team Fortress.

Last edited by Zechs on Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 1:02 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm, a LOT of NES games. But it's not like I would have done antying better with my time when I was 7. So lets look more recent. Final Fantasy VII, Lords of the Realm II (SUCH a great game.), Diablo II, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Time, Wind Waker, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, SSBM, annnnnnnd lastly, Snood. These aren't in order, really. The chief time suckers have to be Diablo II, LotR II, and Ocarina of Time.

LotR II is, thinking about it now, possibly my favorite game of all time. Huh, I just realized that. I've heard mixed things about LotR III, which just came our last week. But it onl costs $20, so I think I'll give it a shot soon enough.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 1:20 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Hmm...
Ultima Online
FFXI
Ninja Gaiden
Metal Gear II
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime

Metal Gear 1
Armored Core II
Barneys Hide & Seek
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 5:45 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Golden Eye, Diddy Kong Racing, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, TFC/CS
I don't have many mor ethat were really that time sucking.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 5:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Top of the list, incomparable black holes of time: any and all MMORPGs. They're all pretty much the same. They suck up your time for three reasons:
1. They never stop. They just keep going on and on, because there is no win condition.
2. There's other people there. Joining a MMORPG makes you part of a community. It's very easy to become attached to communities of people with similar interests, so you keep playing to talk to them.
3. They emulate (however distortedly) real life. A MMORPG is the true fantasy world. It's by necessity immersive. Also by necessity, MMORPGs are far less complex and more easily understood than the real world. For these reasons, it's easy to consider them better/more fun/more fair than the real world. And then comes the escapism.

Aside from MMO stuff, I'd have to say that Fire Emblem is the most time-consuming game I've played. Particularly FE 4, with all the combinations of lovers you can get that change the second half of the game. Not only does the game take a long time to run through once, but I have the constant desire to try new pairings, which means running through the game again.
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 7:36 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Battlezone used to eat up my lunch periods during HS (open campus).
It takes a looong time to score 100,000+ points @ 100-500 points per tank. Wink
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gunbound eats my time like no other.
I don't even know how many times I've beaten ocarina of time.
I beat metroid prime in like 5 days, rental baby.
umm.
Gran Turismo 3 - endurance races.
.Hack...etc - addictive but not fulfilling.
Pokemon Red - shame on me.
FFIX
Breath of Fire 4
Super Mario RPG
Goldeneye- nuff said
Diddy Kong Racing - I LOVE that game!!
Super Smash Bros. - on the 64
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Windwaker - Explore, explore, explore. exp[oration heaven. on the high seas.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 11:14 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
BTW!
The first sweet thread I've seen in a while.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Mar 28, 2004 11:16 pm
Anubis

Post subject:
Cool My top ten are any game that i pick up. i will play through on easy then on the next level then on the next level... well you get the idea.
PostMon Mar 29, 2004 7:40 pm
overdrive535

Frequenter

Post subject:
I spent a lot of time in high school with my old TV and my consoles.
Here's the list:

FF 7 (I've never beaten it, I'd get to the last battle, and then I'd start playing Legend of the Dragoon)
Legend of the Dragoon (I've never beaten it for the inverse reason of FF 7)

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
GT II
Contra
Spot (Yeah it's a cheesy game, but the computer can be really smart and I'm all about shameless soft-drink promotion)
Any Mario Game
Rogue Squadron 64
Dr. Mario
Jackal
WWF Attitude (I like to fight as big bikers, helps with my self image problem)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater II
Crusin' World

Yeah, that's not all, I'm just forgetting some.
Those aren't all my games, just the ones that have sucked portions of my life away...
PostMon Mar 29, 2004 8:57 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
overdrive535 wrote:

Legend of the Dragoon (I've never beaten it for the inverse reason of FF 7)

Glad I know there are more than 5 people in the world who played this game ^_^.
PostMon Mar 29, 2004 9:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
->Still hopes for LoD2<-
PostMon Mar 29, 2004 9:02 pm
overdrive535

Frequenter

Post subject:
Actually, I'd be playing it (and all my other PS games) if my brother hadn't left almost all of my 64 games and two of the controllers, and the PS connector cable at a friends of his. I hope he has them by the time I go back for easter. At least I still have my NES and buttload of games

FDD is an awesome game, though. I like it cause it's not hard to switch between it and FF 7, and it's different enough to be a change. That and it has a great combat system, one that takes skill. And a killer story. And it's great.
PostMon Mar 29, 2004 9:09 pm
Martin_the_Wise

Post subject:
Diablo II
Super Smash Bros (N64)
Perfect Dark
Tony Hawks Pro Skater (#2 - T.H.U.G.)
Zelda
Zelda II
Legend of Zelda (Snes)
Every Final Fantasy... ever.

Didnt see anyone with THPS up.. and Its just gotta be considered, I actually split my thumbnail eariler this year on THUG.
PostTue Mar 30, 2004 1:59 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: