нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Extinct and/or forgotten animated series.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Extinct and/or forgotten animated series.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
Battletech would be nice to see, even if it only had 13 eps. There's just something about American mech combat that's special and different- not necessarily better - from the Japanese style....

Alvin & the Chipmunks has disappeared from CN in the past year, which is really too bad for such a great show- it captured the spirit of the 80's(music, culture, etc) in a rather unique way.

Hmm... That's all I can thinkof...Strange. I'll post any more I can think of- there have to be more.

The american mech combat is more military like. the japanese mech combat is robotic ballet.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 16, 2002 6:55 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
BAM!

That's it.

Even Gundam, which is more military then fantasy, has a bit of that robotic ballet.

Nice. How do you figure this stuff out?
PostSat Nov 16, 2002 10:27 pm
Vashthestampede

Post subject:
dang.. me being in canada , i didn't get nearly as many shows as you guys did.. i do , however , vividly remember Rocko's Modern Life , Inspector Gadget , (they still show that here) , and i remember Sam and Max.

The new stuff is crap.

YTV must have been on crack when they were aquiring the rights to anime shows... the lineup as far :

Hamtaro
Yu-Gi-Oh
Beyblade
DBZ ( well , this is an exception to crappiness)
Zoids (the new one with buckets-o-Cel shading
Very old DIC dub of Sailor Moon , and slightly newer Cloverleaf dub.

Uh.. im pretty sure they got more , i just can't think of any.
PostSat Nov 16, 2002 11:46 pm
BladeZero

Post subject:
My god I have a list in my head but this is all I can remember right now:

Speed Racer (The new one they came out with)
TechnoMan
Voltron(THE OLD ONE!!!)
Bots Master
Conan the Barbarian
James Bond Jr. (Bare with me on this one please)
M.A.S.K. (The one with the transforming cars and stuff like that)
Rambo

Thats all for now
PostSun Nov 17, 2002 1:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
BAM!

That's it.

Even Gundam, which is more military then fantasy, has a bit of that robotic ballet.

Easy. I['m just that good. The eye for all things animated helps too. Smile

PostSun Nov 17, 2002 3:50 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
BAM!

That's it.

Easy. I['m just that good. The eye for all things animated helps too. Smile

Dang you. Wink

James Bond Jr. That's the one I was thinking of. Good work Blade.
True, it was trying to milk a cash cow even more, but it probably got a lot of kids into the REAL Bond- and that's a very good thing.
PostSun Nov 17, 2002 11:23 pm
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
To my own memory it would be...

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Danger Mouse
Jem
Rainbow Bright
Eek
Pirates of Dark water
DuckTales (I don't care but I really liked seeing it)
and the Monchichis.
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 1:25 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
DeeLite wrote:
To my own memory it would be...

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Danger Mouse
Jem
Rainbow Bright
Eek
Pirates of Dark water
DuckTales (I don't care but I really liked seeing it)
and the Monchichis.

Gooood selection. I probably could go without rainbow bright myself, but that's just me. What the hell is Monchichis?

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs ruled, barely anyone saw that show. Pretty decent comic adaption to boot.

PostMon Nov 18, 2002 7:35 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
BladeZero wrote:
M.A.S.K. (The one with the transforming cars and stuff like that)

M.A.S.K. rocked - I especially loved the action figures

Other cartoons I miss...
Ducktales
Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers
Ghostbusters
Captain N: The Game Master
Alvin and The Chipmunks
That Peter Pan cartoon from the 93-95ish years
ummm....probably about 10 billion more that I can't remember right now...
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 2:56 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe some of these shows are dead for a reason.
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 3:19 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject: The Mighty Return
I'm about to get very obscure with yo people here, so just hear me out on this...

BraveStarr

That's right, you heard me. BraveStarr. The only Native American superhero I had as a kid, other than that lame-o "Apache Chief" from the Superfriends. Bravestarr had the eyes of a hawk, the ears of a wolf, the strength of a bear, and the speed of a puma. Plus his old actionfigure used to have a cool "quick-draw" action on it, and a little laser pack accessory that you could buy seperately. The laser pack thing was the best, because it was like a mini laser-tag sort of deal, and you could basically take one, strap it to BraveStarr, and take the other strapped to Tex Hex and have your own little shoot-out with a friend. Ah, memories... Much better than the old He-Man figures that only had that lame-o spring-powered waist, or the "Power Punch" feature. Bah... Sorry, I seem to have gone on an Action Figure tangent there. Anyway, here's my list of old shows that I'd love to see again:

BraveStarr
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
The Pirates of Dark Water
the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Tick
Earthworm Jim
The Family Guy (wait... do they still make that show?)

and yes, I have personally stayed up past 6am in the not-too-distant past to watch reruns of Freakazoid! and 2 Stupid Dogs on Cartoon Network...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 3:27 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
and what about Tonto?

anyway, I remember Bravestarr and Family Guy's rumors need to be hammered out for truth already.

PostMon Nov 18, 2002 3:31 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Tonto was no superhero, foo'! He was a sidekick. A sidekick!!! Played by a white actor, no less! Sure, it's very possible (in fact quite likely) that Apache Chief and BraveStarr were voiced by white actors as well, but it's the thought that counts. BraveStarr wasn't a sidekick!! Apache Chief? Well, he's debatably a SuperFriends sidekick, like Black Vulcan and that Samurai/Tsunami dude. All the minority superheroes were thrown in for added color and to make the white superheroes feel like they weren't really just another extension of the American white hegemony. BraveStarr got cancelled cuz Whitey can't stand it when a proud brown-skinned man is able to stand on his own. He was no Tonto, shufflin' and gruntin' for no white hick in a black mask! "Kimosabe" might as well have meant "yes'm, massa!" Whitey just couldn't handle BraveStarr, so they shoved him into early retirement and a tiny reservation where other obscure cartoons live...
whoa, sorry about that... I seem to have suddenly fallen deep into rant territory there... I apologize to any caucasians I may have offended with this...

by the way, your dancing GIR avatar rocks. I must steal it now... Twisted Evil

"And what is your superpower?"
"Pure electricity... in my pants"
--Black Vulcan in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

"Originally my name was Super Bolt. But then Aquaman suggested I change it to Black Vulcan instead. I was like 'Well then maybe we should just call you White Fish.'"
--Black Vulcan (again)

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 4:16 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh sure, when a 'min-or-i-ty' makes a racial comment it's funny and entertaining, but when a 'cau-ca-sun' says anything remotely racial it's offensive and that person is 'ra-cist'. It's racist against white-folk I tell you! RACIST!!!

Wait a minute . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 5:11 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
Tonto was no superhero, foo'! He was a sidekick. A sidekick!!! Played by a white actor, no less! Sure, it's very possible (in fact quite likely) that Apache Chief and BraveStarr were voiced by white actors as well, but it's the thought that counts.

pffft. First off, Kimosabe means "stupid asslicking white devil". Secondly Tonto kicked ass. Major ass. Major Ass was a crappy villain though.

Though here's a cast list for bravestarr:
Charlie Adler - Deputy Fuzz / Tex Hex
Susan Blu - Judge B.J.
Pat Fraley - Marshal Bravestarr / Thunder Stick
Ed Gilbert - Thirty-Thirty / Shaman
Alan Oppenheimer - Outlaw Scuzz / Handlebar

(just thought I'd toss that out for ya)

PostMon Nov 18, 2002 9:12 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: