нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
/hugs Daikun

How did i miss that site?
PostThu Dec 16, 2004 4:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Teen screen star Ashley Olsen, seeking to expand her acting skills, has signed up for drama classes, reports IMDB.com.

Olsen, 18, has been acting with twin sister Mary-Kate since she was a baby, and they have both accumulated fortunes totaling $300 million from TV and movie careers.

But Ashley, currently studying at New York University, accepts that she still has much to learn. She is said to have been secretly attending a drama class two days a week at the prestigious William Esper Studio on New York's West Side.

The class, which costs $295 a month, teaches the Meisner Acting Technique, which centers around students' exploration of spontaneity and improvization.
PostTue Dec 28, 2004 1:31 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Portman in V For Vendetta & First Image!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
January 5, 2005

The Wachowski Brothers and Joel Silver, the creators and producer of the revolutionary, $1.6 billion-grossing "Matrix" trilogy, will unleash the action thriller V For Vendetta for Silver Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures, with Natalie Portman ("Star Wars: Episodes I-III," "Closer," "Garden State") set to star.

Superhero Hype! has your first look at a teaser image from the film, which you can view in full there.

"Natalie Portman is one of the most gifted actresses working today, and we're thrilled that she is bringing her extraordinary talents and presence to this film," Silver said.

Set in the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, V For Vendetta stars Portman as a young woman who becomes the unlikely ally of a mysterious revolutionary.

"With 'V For Vendetta,' the Wachowski Brothers have created an uncompromising vision of the future driven by a totally original superhero," said Silver.

The screenplay by Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski is based on the acclaimed graphic novel "V For Vendetta" by author Alan Moore ("The Watchmen," "Swamp Thing") and illustrator David Lloyd. Originally collected by DC Comics as a ten-part series in 1988, "V For Vendetta" has been praised for its vision, potency and eloquence. Moore is widely considered to be one of the finest comic writers of all time, and has been credited with single-handedly expanding the potential of the comic book medium with his work.

Produced by Joel Silver, Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski, V For Vendetta will be directed by James McTeigue, who served as the First Assistant Director on the "Matrix" trilogy.

V For Vendetta will be filmed on location in Berlin beginning in early March and will be released in the Fall of 2005 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

All info stolen from Superhero Hype!- Nobu.
PostWed Jan 05, 2005 10:09 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Don't ya love how they credit Alan Moore as the writer of Watchmen and Swamp Thing? I mean, really, the second best thing they could think of for Alan Moore was Swamp Thing?
PostWed Jan 05, 2005 10:24 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
Don't ya love how they credit Alan Moore as the writer of Watchmen and Swamp Thing? I mean, really, the second best thing they could think of for Alan Moore was Swamp Thing?

Well, this info comes straight from Warner Bros., and neither they nor DC Comics had any involvement with From Hell (if that's what you're thinking of). So it's not too surprising that they'd hype up their own stuff.
PostWed Jan 05, 2005 11:20 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Isn't ABC Comics a DC imprint, technically? They own all his ABC stuff.
PostThu Jan 06, 2005 10:07 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
Isn't ABC Comics a DC imprint, technically? They own all his ABC stuff.

Kind of, but not quite. ABC and its characters are still owned and controlled by Moore although they're published by Wildstorm, which is a DC-controlled imprint.
PostThu Jan 06, 2005 11:00 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
An imprint of an imprint contorlled by its own creator...speaking of complicated legalities involivng Alan Moore, Marvel is going to publish a new Miracleman series.
PostThu Jan 06, 2005 11:02 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
An imprint of an imprint contorlled by its own creator...

Actually, I stand corrected, and you were right the first time, but it's still complicated.
Quote:
In September [1998], WildStorm joined the Time/Warner family as a part of DC Comics, a deal of which Moore was unaware of until afterwards. Knowing of Moore's distaste for being associated with DC Comics, WildStorm founder Jim Lee and editor Scott Dunbier flew to England to discuss the deal with Moore personally, and successfully came up with a solution to the problem. As a condition for Moore's continued involvement, DC Comics permitted Lee to partition the management of ABC off from the rest of the company, to the point that checks are written by Lee and not issued through DC's accounting department. ABC titles were not to mention DC Comics (not even in the fine print). Advertisments would go in the back of each title (though DC did inquire about changing this later). Even Previews solicitations were not to have the "DC Comics" along the edge of pages featureing ABC items.

Moore stated, "There will be no dealing between me and DC, which is fine by me. Obviously, I want to keep as far away from DC as possible, and given that this has come up, the situation that Jim is offering is the best way of doing that."

Quote:
speaking of complicated legalities involivng Alan Moore, Marvel is going to publish a new Miracleman series.

Oh good grief. Confused
PostThu Jan 06, 2005 11:13 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Well the kind of person who'd write a new Miracleman series is the kind of person I'd trust with a Miracleman series. I doubt it'll be Gaiman, but knowing Marvel it could be Millar, or Morrison if his DC contract runs out...Ellis seems to be back with Marvel, too, considering all hte Ultimate titles he's writing. Maybe they'll get lucky and Moore will be persuaded to bury the hatchet with Marvel to get the chance to return to his "adopted son," if you will.

On the plus side, maybe they'll finally let him be Marvelman again.
PostThu Jan 06, 2005 11:18 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
On the plus side, maybe they'll finally let him be Marvelman again.

I think DC'd throw a hissy if they tried, since MM is a clear derivative of the original Captain Marvel. Thus the exasperation in my pervious post.
PostThu Jan 06, 2005 11:27 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Considering they haven't used Captain Marvel in a major part since Kingdom Come (and they didn't even CREATE the character), plus the fact that it happens to be the name of their company, and that they have their own Captain Marvel anyway, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hell, they haven't sued over Supreme Power yet.
PostThu Jan 06, 2005 11:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
Considering they haven't used Captain Marvel in a major part since Kingdom Come (and they didn't even CREATE the character), plus the fact that it happens to be the name of their company, and that they have their own Captain Marvel anyway, it shouldn't be an issue.

But DC still has to act to protect their interests, even if they ultimately lose. And the Marvel Family of characters is still very much an active part of current DC titles.
Plus there's the upcoming mini-series that Jeff Smith ("Bone") is working on.

Quote:
Hell, they haven't sued over Supreme Power yet.

I am surprised by that, even though (except for the Moore-written stories) "Supreme" has always been crap.
PostFri Jan 07, 2005 12:03 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Are you reading the new one? It's ridiculously good. JMS is a great writer, although that new Dr Strange series is a bit dull...but, in any case...

How the hell is a V for Vendetta movie getting made before the Watchmen movie?
PostFri Jan 07, 2005 5:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
How the hell is a V for Vendetta movie getting made before the Watchmen movie?

Probably cheaper to make, since you don't need as many special effects.

Hell, all you really need to shoot V is a dark film stage. Laughing
PostFri Jan 07, 2005 6:50 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: