нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Prom Mishaps
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Prom Mishaps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zer0

Post subject:
Thats funny JJc14. Very funny. Oh and as for getting a date...I've learned most girls are so self-consious and desperate, that if you ask them, they'll say yes just because they think you had enough courage to ask.

Im really gald my uncomfortable but fun prom could spar all this good conversation on our social lives Smile
PostThu May 27, 2004 10:08 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zer0 wrote:
Oh and as for getting a date...I've learned most girls are so self-consious and desperate, that if you ask them, they'll say yes just because they think you had enough courage to ask.

...Right end result, wrong reasoning. I would say a good deal of girls are not desperate. Sure, some are. But that's not the driving force behind the 'yes'. A lot of people realize that, hey, it's a dance, it's not like you're getting married, it's not even a really a 'date' since you spend a lot of time with friends.

If you have the balls to ask a girl to her face, so long as a) she doesn't find you repulsive and b) doesn't have a date already, she will say yes.

Why?

Ever try to tell a hopeful person no to their face?

S'hard as all fuck.

So long as you hvae the courage and the confidence, girls will say yes to a guy's request. Because it's hard to say no, AND, believe it or not, courage is HOT.

So, as long as you aren't repulsive and have the balls to ask a girl in person, you're almost gaurenteed a date. NEVER ASK VIA INTERNET, and ONLY BY PHONE IF THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION.

But they don't say yes because they are 'desperate', it's because by doing so you exhibit a desirable trait, and it's hard to turn you down.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat May 29, 2004 1:00 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
No....girls are desperate. It's just how things are.
PostWed Jun 02, 2004 12:28 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
yes and no, they're not desperate because there are almost always other options (unlessthe girl i s repulsive)

but, girls are desperate because the taboo around the girl asking the guy she really wants to go with to go.

and, I had no problems saying no to the one girl that asked me to prom.
mind you she didn't talk to me for months after that
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Jun 02, 2004 12:45 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Alright, I said I'd do this and I shall. I don't feel like typing that much now, but I'll do this anyway.

So around April 1 I had been thinking about who I could ask to prom. I decided to ask my ex-girlfriend's best friend. The best friend was super cool and I kinda had a crush on her at various times and in the decision making process I said "Who do you want to go with most? Her? Then ask her. F*** what your ex will say."

So I asked Girl #1. Who then talked to her best friend about the possibility of going to my prom with me. Best friend said sure, but Girl #1 felt that she said it yet didn't really feel that way. Girl #1 didn't want to betray best friend, so she turned me down. (Wasn't just a line, either. Trust me, I heard every angle of the story, she really did feel that she would be betraying her best friend. If not for that, she would have gone with me.)

PROBLEM was it took her 16 days to give me her answer. I asked her early knowing that there was a high chance she'd say no JUST BECAUSE of my ex. And I gave myself ample time to find another date. I didn't count on her taking 16 days to get back to me, however.

I thought she wasn't ever going to get back to me (and was really bitter about the silence to boot) and planned on asking another girl on the day that just so happened to be the day I finally got rejected by #1. So I got rejected in the morning before school (In person. Having thought she wasn't even going to give me an answer, an in-person rejection was highly appreciated and respected on my part.) and then go to ask Girl #2 that afternoon.

Before I do, I find out that Option #4 is taken. But that shouldn't matter, as I have #2 and #3 before that.

I ask #2 "Do you have a date to prom yet?" "Yeah I'm going with Guy#1"

Damn. Two turn downs in one day. That's just depressing.

The next day I go to ask #3. She was sitting alone in the library during my free and I joined her and during the course of conversation she says "Guy#2 just randomly asked me to prom. I barely talk to him, but I'm going with him. It's so random though."

Go'damn. Now this is starting to get depressing. I didn't really have a #5 option planned out, either.

So I go home, take stock of the situation. One week and one day left to buy tickets for Prom. 3 of my 4 best firends are girls. Two in relationships currently, and the third had dated my best friend for 2 years, and then the relationship ended last September. I asked him if it would be awkward for him if I asked her and, since we'd be doing stuff before, after, and during the prom together most likely, he said that it would be SUPER awkward for him.

So I couldn't ask her either.

Damnit McDamndamn.

For the next week I agonize over what the hell I'm going to do. The worst tihng is, this is the first time in my life that I really felt that I could have asked a girl, had her say yes, and had a good time with her. #2, #3, and #4 I know for a FACT would have said yes to me. If they weren't already taken. Basically, I lost because I was slow. See, I didn't have a single girl go "EW! You're skeevy!" They all had legitimate, unnavoidable reasons to turn me down. So I wasn't offended, but damnit was it depressing. I had the WORST LUCK.

I ended up taking a girl that I was friends with, that I took to prom last year. Didn't have that much fun last year, but ended up having a good time with her this year. So it worked out for the better. But I was dreading it beforehand. Really, I just wanted Saturday Afternoon to come (Right now, actaully) cuz that would mean that it was over. But I ended up having a really good time, so all worked out well.

Also, a friend of mine asked #1 to prom 5 weeks ago (I'm fairly certain that to this day he doesn't know that I asked her first) and she said yes but then he later changed his mind. No idea why.

Guy #1, by the way, who as you remember went to Prom with my Girl#2, has a crush on Girl#2. I, right now, out of all the girls I could feasibly date, am most interested in Girl#2. Not really a crush, but I'd like to date her. I think it'd be fun. Anyway, at the after-party I went to, I found out in quite the entertaining way that #2 has NO interest in Guy#1 (Girl#63: Why don't you just kiss him? Girl#2: Who? Girl#63: Guy#1. Girl#2: EWWNo. Paradox: *LAUGH.*)

So everything worked out for the best with me, despite utter SUCKAGE a few weeks ago.

And that is the story of my prom. Hope you liked.

PostSat Jun 05, 2004 7:36 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
It's stories like that which kinda make me glad I didn't have a prom. Everything else just rubs it in the wound.
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 8:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
That which does not kill you makes you stronger. Once I realized that I was much happier in life. I knew Girl#1 would say no, most likely. But I asked her anyway. And right after doing so, I walked away and pumped my fist in happyness. I was exstatic that I actaully went through with it and didn't pussy out. I don't mind being turned down so long as I've done everything my best. So a girl turns you down. So? Life goes on. There are other girls. I have adopted the philosophy that every break up, and every turn-down, will only make things easier in the future. And if getting turned down for a crappy high school relationship now makes me stronger for when I'll need to be forecful in order to secure a potential lifelong mate, then I'm all for it.

My story wasn't really meant as a "MY LIFE SUCK THIS IS SO SAD" story. I just wanted ot relate me Prom account since it was quite thoroughly epic as far as pre-prom stories go.

PostSat Jun 05, 2004 9:25 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Can you make like some little graph or chart to go along with your story....

Prefeably a web diagram..bar or line graphs are teh suk.
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 11:05 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll asign them names. I asked girl#1, or 'Allison'. She was best friends with my ex, or 'Betsy.' Allison felt it was wrong to go with me, despite Besty saying it wasn't. So Allison turned me down. If not for Betsy, she would have said yes.

On the same day that Allison turned me down, I had planned on asking 'Charleen' to prom, as I thought Allison wouldn't get back to me. Allison turned me down that morning, 16 days after I had asked her. I found out that afternoon that both Charleen, and choice #4, 'Elly', had dates.

Next morning I discover that 'Diana' also had a date.

I couldn't go with 'Fran' because she had dated my best friend for 2 years.

I then desided, after much agony, to go with a friend, 'Giana', that I had gone with last year and didn't have the best of times with.

This year I had a great time with Giana. And at teh afterparty, overheared the conversation between Charleen (my current-sort-of-crush) and 'Harriot':

Harriot: Why don't you just kiss him?
Charleen: Who?
Harriot: (Whispered name of guy that Charleen went to prom with)
Charleen: EWWNo!
CounterParadox: *LAUGH*

Does that help keep it straight? I made it so each new girl had the next letter of the alphabet starting their name, so that should make it as easy as possible to keep straight.

PostSun Jun 06, 2004 11:52 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes, my twisted thought process thanks you.
PostSun Jun 06, 2004 2:45 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
Ok, I didn't feel like making a new thread so I'll just throw this in here. (It kinda ties into prom)

I took my ex g/f's close friend to prom, noting happened between us, and nothing ever will really.

A week later, my ex shows up where I work and asks if I want to go do "something". So we went out and had a blast. *Note* My ex g/f is the one girl I wish I would have never had broken up wiht, well she broke up with me...anyway.

So now the friend is hating me b/c I'm getting back with my ex, and the ex is suspicious about my actions towards her friend in the time that we were apart. Could I really be in a bigger mess? I don't think so. But She can't blame me, she broke up with me and what was I supposed to do? Where was I supposed to go? It just hapend that I took a likeing to her friend, and now that past error is coming ack to haunt me.

In any case today is my last day of high school, as I type this I have 10 min. and then pure freedom. I don't think anything could bring me down right now.

This story kind of relates to CP's web of relationships above.
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 10:50 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Be honest and open about your feelings towards each. That's the only way to solve these things. Don't hide things that people should know.

PostTue Jun 08, 2004 12:32 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
no no no, what yuou need to do is make a huge deep dark black conspiracy about this whole thing. Stay cryptic and elusive, when she's about to break up with you again unchain the bomb and tell her that her friend made you do things, dirty things, like "dance".

Then start crying like a little girl.
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 1:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Hugs Andro* Silly Monkey of spookiness.

I was gonna say something semi-mean after that, but then remembered that I LIKE the Spookmonkey. So I didn't say it.

PostTue Jun 08, 2004 9:40 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Did I meantion that he would then need to get into a corner, curle into the fetal position and that suckle on his big toe, crying, and humming the bars to "oh suzanna".

as far as mean, I can take mean in small doses and semi-mean in semi-bigger doses. I can take funny mean a whole lot more.

Anyway, Zero all I can actually say about it is that your ex and your gf are going to think what they want to think. You really won't be able to do much to change their minds once they're set. You're going to have to just ride this rollercoaster of love out and hopefully when it's all done one will still like you in that very special "mommy said it's my nono spot" kind of way.
PostWed Jun 09, 2004 8:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: