нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The Endangered Cafeteria (Now better than ever!)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The Endangered Cafeteria (Now better than ever!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: The Endangered Cafeteria (Now better than ever!)
Welcome to... The Endangered Cafeteria!

Let's see... What's on tonight's menu...?

==========

Green Sea Turtle In Chafing-Dish Recipe

DEE-LISHUS!

A delightful dish from the islands!

Take two-pounds of freshly killed sea turtle meat and cut in small pieces.
Braise in two ounces of butter with a little onion.

Add one-half pint of cream and two hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped.
Thicken with a little flour mixed first with cold milk.

Salt and paprika to taste, chug a glass of Jose Cuervo Especial tequila, if desired, and serve from chafing-dish on squares of toast with sliced lemon.

==========

Panda Stew

NUUU-TRISHUS!

For an animal that won't have sex to save its species, this one's a real culinary treat!

4 to 5 lbs. Panda meat cut in 1 inch cubes
1/4 Cup flour
1 tbs. Italian seasoning
4 tbs. Butter
2 tbs. Vegetable or corn oil
1 Large onion diced
1 8 oz. Tin beef broth
4 Bay leaves (do not eat)
2 lb. Small potatoes
1 lb. Fresh mushrooms
5 Carrots, sliced
1 Turnip, cubed
5 Parsnip, sliced (optional)

Preheat oven to 325° F. Put flour with seasonings in plastic bag and shake until panda meat coated, combine oil and butter in skillet and brown meat and drain off grease from meat. In a large dutch oven add 2 or 3 qts. of water and all ingredients. Cook approx. 2 to 3 hrs. adding water if necessary checking every 30 mins., serve with fresh rolls or italian bread.

Roasted Whooping Crane

BON APPETIT!

A large bird for a large appetite!

1 Freshly killed whooping crane
6 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 lemon, cut into 6 pieces
Fresh whole sage leaves, or dried rubbed sage
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 bottle Boone's Farm Strawberry wine

Preheat oven to 400° F. Use your fingers to gently loosen the skin of the birds from the meat. Place a whole sage leaf under the skin on each breast half (or rub in the dried sage). Stuff the crane with 6 cloves of garlic, 6 lemon pieces and a little more sage.

Rub olive oil all over the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place in a large, shallow roasting pan and roast, basting occasionally, about 60 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a fork. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the sauce. Place the roasting pan over high heat. Add the broth and chug the wine. Cook until reduced by about one-half, scraping any browned bits from the bottom. Remove the lemon and garlic from the crane bodie. Serve immediately, spooning a little sauce on each.

==========

Blue Whale Steaks

NATURE'S BOUNTY!

Satisfy the Cap'n Ahab in You!

2 portions
4 slices of Blue Whale meat, 3oz per slice
Salt and pepper, preferably freshly ground
4 onion rings
2 dessert spoonfuls of finely diced green or red peppers
1 dessert spoonful of finely diced parsley
1 dessert spoonful of pickle relish
1 750ml bottle of Jim Beam Kentucky bourbon

Guzzle the bourbon.

Carve the meat into slices of about 1 to 2 inches thick, beat them with your hands and press them into shape.

Preheat the frying pan and brown some butter in it before adding the meat. Fry the steaks on both sides. Whale meat should be fried for about 4-5 minutes on each side. The steaks taste best when they are medium rare, but they should be warmed right through and not eaten raw. Serve the steaks on a plate, place an onion ring on each of them and fill it with peppers, parsley and pickle relish. Serve with a bowl of salad.

==========

Big Brown Eyed Baby Seal Pie

CUTE AND TASTY!

While not endangered, these cute little bundles of joy are known for their tender, savory flesh!

2 lb. freshly-clubbed seal meat
1 medium onion
2 cups carrots (diced)
2 cups turnip
3 cups potatoes
1/2 cup rice

Cook meat for approximately 1 hour in a sauce pan on low heat.

Add turnip and carrots.

Cook 1/2 hour longer.

Add potatoes and rice. Cook until tender.

Cover with pie crust and bake 1/2 hour (in 400 degree oven) until brown.

==========

Does anyone have any more recipes to contribute?

Last edited by Daikun on Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 9:35 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
these last few threads of your really belong more in the quote/pic thread. Making threads just to make them is so incredicly lame and newbiesque.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Mar 03, 2003 3:45 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Look who's talking!
PostMon Mar 03, 2003 4:17 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I post those for discussion and if you noticed it was discussed. There was content actually content there to discuss. What, are we supposed to talk about the ramifications of mass marketing blue whale soup or something? or where we just meant to laugh and say "ha ha that's funny"?

PostMon Mar 03, 2003 2:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
I post those for discussion and if you noticed it was discussed. There was content actually content there to discuss. What, are we supposed to talk about the ramifications of mass marketing blue whale soup or something? or where we just meant to laugh and say "ha ha that's funny"?

I just wanted to hear what people thought about it. After all, people DO eat whales, bears, etc. in some parts of the world, you know...

Yeah, it's a freaky topic, I know, but then again, if we can have a topic about Liberty Cabbage and Freedom Fries, why not this?
PostMon Mar 03, 2003 6:37 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
If you want to discuss it supply more than just a link. Ask a question, do a dance, do something to spark something other than just posting a link aka nothing.

PostMon Mar 03, 2003 7:09 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Updating complete.
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 12:44 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
I take this as a minor insult. Why? Because I volunteer in a cafeteria so there.
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 10:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: