нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think it's all sorts of awesome in the sense of gameplay elements it opens up. I hope developers won't be afraid to use the good ole' Cube controllers, though, if they're better suited for the intended control scheme. (They certainly would make ports a lot easier.)
My big concerns right now are power consumption, the sensor set up (won't it be more difficult on a small screen?), and backwards compatibility (they've mentioned previously that you could make old games better, but they'd have to re-write controls for games like Ocarina of Time to work with this).
Of course, we still have the four controller ports for Cube and 64 use. A DS (though expensive) works great as an SNES controller, and you just have to turn the want on its side for an NES controller.
I'm really hoping that this will read Wave Bird signals out of the box, just for the whacky 12 players per console possibilities.
PostFri Sep 16, 2005 1:50 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm excited at the prospect of having something so DIFFERENT, but at the same time, I'm not sure how intuitive using a laser pointer will be. I'm a BEAST with reaction time. There's literally only one person I know that can consistantly beat me in Smash Bros Melee (because he knows hte game so well that he predicts anyone's moves.) But with a Laser Pointer type deal . . . seems a bit skitchy. I don't know if I like it. All I'm saying is that the Smash Bros. Revolution controls better be like the Melee and N64 controls, since they were SO SIMPLE and yet SO COMPLEX. I'm still discovering things that I can do with timing and slight differences in direction of the stick.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Sep 16, 2005 12:01 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
To be honest, I actually thought the controller was another fan made mock-up when I first saw it. When I actually read Miyamoto's demonstration though, it made some sense. There seem to be many possiblities for this new controller, so I can't wait to actually try it out myself. Still, I'm a bit curious as to how it could possibly work with another 3D Mario platformer. Without using it sideways, reaching the a and b buttons (lowercase, not the A and B buttons on the top and underside) looks like it would be a real pain. With something like Wave Race, though, I can only imagine how it could work (perhaps you could flick it up to do jumps, and left/right to cut through wave crests/make sharp turns).
PostFri Sep 16, 2005 5:43 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
I heard that the Revolution may also be combatible with Wavebirds in addition to its normal controller... but that's just a rumor I heard.
PostSat Sep 17, 2005 10:28 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
That was probably a rumor started when a few of the IGN editors expressed hopes that it would be Wave Bird compatible out of the box (meaning no need to hook up the reciever). I'm sure you can still hook your birds up to the GCN controller slot.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 1:03 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
At least the controller will be "hot coffee" compatible.

Can you see the possibilites for dating games?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 12:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:

o_O

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 1:48 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually, I brought that up on Chatterbox when I called in last night. Expect the archive to be up within a couple days.

Last edited by John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 8:22 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sad that Chatterbox is a local radio station for me, yet i can't manage to get the tuning just right to listen on the radio....oh well at least I get to hear the great Bono.
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 12:34 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
...for the third week in a row.
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 1:16 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=165
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 9:50 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
That was one seriously funny comic.
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 5:13 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Actually, I brought that up on Chatterbox when I called in last night. Expect the archive to be up within a couple days.

It's finally up... only a week late.
PostTue Sep 27, 2005 11:45 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
heh, "and John from Vegas, for the third week in a row"
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Sep 29, 2005 1:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Last week would've been fourth, but they didn't have time. A shame, since I'll try to call in next week while Gabe and Tycho are on.
PostThu Sep 29, 2005 5:43 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: