нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rants of a Japanofile
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rants of a Japanofile
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: Rants of a Japanofile
Live 8 has reaffirmed my disdain for western music. On MTV they advertise "every preformance from Live 8 online" of course that's minus every preformance in Japan. They play shit in Russian from Red Square they show South African doo-wop, BUT NOT ONE MENTION OF JAPAN.

WHY IS THE US SO AFRAID OF JAPANESE MUSIC!? I can't stand how no matter how many years pass and no matter how many increadable artists appear not ONE becomes popular statesid. Since X Japan the dream of every artist was to hit it big in the US. They achieve fame in Japan, try to do small tours but NEVER GET AIRPLAY!

I DONT BELIEVE THAT AN ENTIRE COUNTRY, NO AN ENTIRE CONTINENT, CAN"T PRODUCE ONE ARTIST NOT UP TO AMERICA'S "ULTRA-HIGH STANDARDS"!
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 4:47 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Americans like white people, not Asian people. And there's enough blacks in the US to give blacks airtime. But there's only a few million Asians, and a lot of us are part white, which creates the ultimate paradox.

Then there's the probable comments about how much Japanese music sucks. People are going to listen to rap, jazz, hip-hop, and other forms of music. And they're going to call j-pop generic or uninspired. Sad, but true.

To conclude my reasoning in all of this, I give you this picture from Gamespy. I think it pretty much says it all.

PostSat Jul 09, 2005 6:44 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wasn't Good Charlotte headlining in Japan? Because they kinda suck. And by kinda suck, I mean they suck more than a black hole.

There is one alternative rock station in my area. There are a few pop stations, 2 old-school-type rock stations, an indie station, a college station that's only on air while college kids are in school, a few rap stations, and a whole slew of talking head type stuff on AM.

But only one alt rock station.

And it's so, so repetitive.

Every now and then, they'll play something good, or new, or original. Recently, they played a KICKASS Ted Leo and hte Pharmacists song. They would play it every 4 or so hours. They did this for a few weeks.

And then just stopped playing it. They went back to their usual play of Audioslave (at least their new song is a lot better than their older, repetitive, whiny shit), Seether, Foo Fighters, Green Day, and the like. I called in to request Ted Leo, and they wouldn't play it.

The fact of hte matter is that radio stations NEED to be homogonized. They NEED to play the most middle of the road stuff in order to survive. I love more variety. I'm fine with all the aforementioned bands getting air time. Hell, I like Foo Fighters and Green Day. Just not ALL THE TIME. I'd love them to play some Brand New, Decemberists, Postal Service, Deathcab for Cutie, and a slew of others. But they won't. And it frustrates me.

So I do college radio and we play good stuff. My co-host knows more music than I've ever heard of. If you haven't heard Matisyahu, by the way, then you are missing out on life. Really, it's a whole world of music that you need to experience to believe.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 11:09 am
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
The only Japanese music Ive heard is from anime and a few years ago when I used to watch dbz on international channel there was this program called revolution and they used to show asian music videos. For the most part I like japanese music. I think they have good vocals and nice music to go along with them. But the main music I listen to is Rap/Hip Hop.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 12:41 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Pish, mainstream rap sucks ass. Check out The Streets, Citizen Cope, the Transplants, and Matisyahu. There is such a thing as good rap. Even KICKASS rap. But anything you hear on the radio sucks.

PostSun Jul 10, 2005 4:57 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm with CP. I turn the radio off whenever I go for a ride. It drives me CRAZY.
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 5:01 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like how american audiences claim Jpop is uninspired yet, I've played songs by american bands at the same time and can pick up blatent copying. I got tired of listening to the crap on our airwaves.
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 5:48 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's why I'm turned into an Indie kid with a "Holyer than thou" attitude. I can gaurantee you that I have stuff on my computer that you've never heard of. And I have less than 2000 songs. 170 of those are Ben Folds oriented. 183 if you include hte stuff he did with William Shatner.

Oh William Shatner, will you ever fail to be cool?

PostSun Jul 10, 2005 7:11 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
What are you guys talking about, rap is one of the top types of music. Maybe its because I grew up in a latino/black city that I like it so much but I totally disagree with you guys.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 7:18 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
You know, when I clicked on this thread, I thought something to do with sexual relations of a japanese person. Possibly a priest. Laughing

counterparadox wrote:
There is one alternative rock station in my area. There are a few pop stations, 2 old-school-type rock stations, an indie station, a college station that's only on air while college kids are in school, a few rap stations, and a whole slew of talking head type stuff on AM.

But only one alt rock station.

And it's so, so repetitive.

True that, my friend. Where I live, we used to have two rock stations with the difference being that one was alt. and the other was rock and its stronger forms (including alot of old Ozzy and Metallica). Soon enough, the company who own both station instead combine both into one and began to repetitively play the same music week in and week out. But lately, they've been changing to allow small gig bands to play. Nice, but I still wanna frickin' hear some TSOOL. Who's with me?
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 8:54 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
What are you guys talking about, rap is one of the top types of music. Maybe its because I grew up in a latino/black city that I like it so much but I totally disagree with you guys.

Now see, I personally can't stand rap. When I think of rap, I think of the minorities around town who drive around with pimped out cars that you can hear coming from a mile away all because they are trying to compinsate for the fact that their penis is >1 inch.

*Please note that i'm not a racist. I'm simplyy going by the stereo types I observe in my local town.
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 9:01 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
yo, your town sucks. For real. Not to be racist or anything, but I bet they are all white wannabe gangtas.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 9:49 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
If you aren't using actual sentences or at least semi-coherent words for that respective language in your lyrics, then it isn't music. Therefore...

Rap != music
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LLG

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
yo, your town sucks. For real. Not to be racist or anything, but I bet they are all white wannabe gangtas.

Um, huh??

Anyway, I like most kinds of American music, but I don't really keep up with the times. I don't own a radio and I don't watch MTV or any music tv. I love listening to foreign (sp?) music because it isn't just the same old cookie-cutter comp-out like so much of American music. I love listening to Japanese music ( I <3 Ayumi!! ^^) and I probably listen to Japanese, German, Italian, and Russian music more than I do, say... Blink 182. No matter what kind of Genre of music it is in America, it tends to be bland, with bits and pieces stolen from each other. Hell, most boy band memeber are interchangable! If we played more foreign music, such as Japanese, I would actually go out and buy a radio, just to listen to it. Until then, I'll have to resort to stealing it from Bono and his compy.

blarg.
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 10:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:

No... like i said, it tends to be minoritys who for some damn reason like to hang out at an orange carwash blastin music...

We used to have white gangs, but then they closed the arcade.
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 11:18 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: