нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - I CaMe BACK!!! I know you all love me....
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
I CaMe BACK!!! I know you all love me....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
You used AOL talk...you monster! *Cocks flamethrower and points the flame-dripping nozel at PNS*
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 2:38 pm
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
actually it sounds like someone who knows quality in games and isn't driven by graphics. I'm not saying they suck, I'm saying they're not nearly the shiznit people think. They also get the fanart partially because the more stupid of people get obsessed. Obession leads to fanart.

I'm obsessed with the later ones, that must mean I'm stupid. Gee, I don't recall spending any time at the Special Olympics...

But okay, I can see where this is going, but now please explain. Explain the quality issue, how the 8 and 16 bit versions are any higher quality than the 32 and 128 bit ones. I think Squaresoft spend just as much if not more time on the later FF's, and they have just as much playability as the earlier ones. It's just that the graphics issue often is the only thing old-schoolers look at in the later games, because they believe that nothing with such sparkling visuals can ever have the same basic and simple playability of the simpler 16 and 8 bit times.

Squaresoft always comes through, even with ones like FFVIII. I don't spend my time debating whether or not to play a game based upon what people tell me, I play it and decide for myself. If that makes me dumber than a box of rocks, or part of the new, |337 generation of gamers, than so be it. But I was there from the start, with FFI, and I've played them all. So I came a decision that is slightly different than yours.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 3:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
SlimJim wrote:
You used AOL talk...you monster! *Cocks flamethrower and points the flame-dripping nozel at PNS*

*Beats the crap outa slim* You don't threaten the Clan members.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 3:43 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
That sounded reeeeaaaally bad Dread... At least you used a "c"...

x_x
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 5:07 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:
SlimJim wrote:

*Beats the crap outa slim* You don't threaten the Clan members.

.....ya what Dread said
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 6:17 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
I always love how old and new school fans will find a way to bout it out.

The_Nightweaver wrote:

I'm obsessed with the later ones, that must mean I'm stupid. Gee, I don't recall spending any time at the Special Olympics...

eh, this is debatable. Razz

The_Nightweaver wrote:

Explain the quality issue, how the 8 and 16 bit versions are any higher quality than the 32 and 128 bit ones.

Another sign of how the PS generation are truly newbs. FF7 wasn't bad, It surely isn't the best, but I liked it. But even so, after FF6, the Playstation games just seemed to keep lacking more and more of what made the series. Namely its missing story and traces of its roots (i.e. besides chocobos and a character named cid, it is no longer a Dungen and Dragons kind of game, its just to far into the damn future!). Now its not fair to say that FF 7 was to first to start going. FF6 was set in an industrialized setting but closer to old school than the later chapters of the series.

The_Nightweaver wrote:

I think Squaresoft spend just as much if not more time on the later FF's, and they have just as much playability as the earlier ones.

They only spend time on the graphics now days.

The_Nightweaver wrote:

It's just that the graphics issue often is the only thing old-schoolers look at in the later games, because they believe that nothing with such sparkling visuals can ever have the same basic and simple playability of the simpler 16 and 8 bit times.

Understandable, many old-schoolers are like that. For instance, lets take FFX. I like to play a game, not watch a movie. Now my biggest grudge against the Newer games is that theres no story or a really badly written one. I acutally liked FF9.

The_Nightweaver wrote:

Squaresoft always comes through, even with ones like FFVIII.

If this debate had started a few months ago, I would have agreed with you for the most part. But now, we have FFX-2 and it proves almost every point an old-schooler like me could make. Look at whats already bee released conecering that game. Its gonna be crap and, dare I say, might make FFX look better? O.o

The_Nightweaver wrote:

I don't spend my time debating whether or not to play a game based upon what people tell me, I play it and decide for myself.

And in the end, thats what matters. At the moment, I'm trying to get into the Phantasy Star series. Its not easy, since I never played much less heard of it when ever it originally was released, but even I am slowly getting into it.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 7:16 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Meh. Whatever. As for the 'future' thing, at least the main character still uses a sword. Either way, I WILL own FF: Cyrstal Chronicles the day it is released, if not the day after. The screen shots I've seen look so cool and the characters are all style-ized and I will have that game.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 7:33 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Meh. Whatever. As for the 'future' thing, at least the main character still uses a sword. Either way, I WILL own FF: Cyrstal Chronicles the day it is released, if not the day after. The screen shots I've seen look so cool and the characters are all style-ized and I will have that game.

uh, good for you. I wasn't talking about that game.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 7:34 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm well aware that you weren't. I'm just saying I'm really looking forward to FF's return to Nintendo.

PostSun Dec 22, 2002 7:42 pm
Knight_Hawk

Post subject:
What Squaresoft should do is stop making ff every god damn year, its just making the game stale. Back in the day Razz it wasnt every year, thats what made those older games better in my opinion.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 8:11 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Actually in Japan, the games came out practically every year after FF1.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 8:13 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
And they don't repeat characters or plotline, so why not make one every year as long as they're good?

PostSun Dec 22, 2002 10:21 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
well yes welcome back and all pns ... but who carea bout you lets talk shop...

Shiggy won't remake a game just because the fans want more, he believe in not releasing a new one till a revolutionary jump can be made in the game.

I don't like his opinion, if you change the story and the quests... why not? Evercrack is still around and people still play it over and over... they just get more quests, and its fun.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
[quote="dougisfunny"]well yes welcome back and all pns ... but who carea bout you lets talk shop...

Noone cares about me Crying or Very sad

They are repeating characters now(if you didn't know), they are coming out with ffx-2 and ff7-2.....I think

I like having a final fantasy game every year. I hate it when I beat the game and then there is no other game to turn too...
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 11:23 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Squaresoft is ok, but there are other companies that make RPG's guys. Break out of the FF mold and embrace the quality of other titles(series) such as: Legend of Dragoon, Star Ocean, Lunar, Wild Arms, Breath of Fire, etc.*don't kill me for leaving one out*.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 11:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: