нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Tim Burtons Batman on CN?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Tim Burtons Batman on CN?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Tim Burtons Batman on CN?
I didnt want to put this in the schedule thread. But Daikun posted that Tim Burtons Batman will premieres next week on CN.

Two simple questions. Why?

And um... its not a cartoon so... why?
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 10:22 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe in some crazy circular logic, CN decided that comic book based films would be a good thing to air, since comics and cartoons are forever linked for various reasons.
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 1:02 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Uh ... yeah. So the next week will be the live action DragonBall or maybe the live action Sailor Moon Smile
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
What AdmGreer said.
It's a (hopefully failed) experiment to draw in more viewers, by airing movies that, while not animated, are produced "in the spirit of animation." Rolling Eyes
Admittedly, Batman is right on the edge of acceptable by that definition.
The earlier airings of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Small Soldiers over the past weekend fit because of the mixture of live-action/animation involved, although I fail to see how the upcoming airings of The Goonies and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids will.
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 4:58 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wait Goonies and Honey I shrunk the Kids? I sense a Turner name change coming up for CN.

Turner Classic Movies ratings have gone up when they show 80's movies like Naked Gun or Hot Shots. This must be the same kind of experiment.
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 5:16 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Turner Classic Movies ratings have gone up when they show 80's movies like Naked Gun or Hot Shots. This must be the same kind of experiment.

What gets me is that TCM is going to air Studio Ghibli animated movies in January, while CN is stuck with this. Confused
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 6:00 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok excuse me for getting this wrong. But didnt TCM also show Metropolis or was that CN?

But the more I'm thinking about this. We already have Adult Swim listed as a seperate (but equal?) channel. So either Cartoon Network will start some kind of advertising campaign to be known as "CN" instead of Cartoon Network. Or really we will see it get renamed. If they dont well then.. I guess we live with getting to see Better Off Dead before Justice League Unlimited
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 6:08 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Two dollars!
At least Better Off Dead had animation in it. Laughing

But the UK did have a Turner animation/LA hybrid channel a few years ago.

It's name? CNX.
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 8:37 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Ok excuse me for getting this wrong. But didnt TCM also show Metropolis or was that CN?

CN aired Metropolis on Adult Swim last May.

Fodder wrote:
Uh ... yeah. So the next week will be the live action DragonBall or maybe the live action Sailor Moon Smile

Actually, Star Wars: Clone Wars will be airing next week.
PostTue Nov 15, 2005 12:53 am
kuramalover77

Post subject:
so, will CN continue to air these movies for more ratings? Question
PostWed Nov 16, 2005 2:34 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
That depends on what ratings they get. We won't know till something is announced. If you don't approve, don't watch. That's all there is to it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Nov 16, 2005 5:36 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
If we're lucky, maybe we'll see some of the old Superman movies with Christopher Reeves.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostThu Nov 17, 2005 2:54 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
or heck, adam west batman

"Holy testicle tuesday Batman!"
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Nov 17, 2005 5:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Hey, it's not all bad. Maybe this airing of the Batman movie will show...eh, nevermind. I've still got a bad taste in my mouth after watching that crappy The Batman vs Dracula movie.
PostFri Nov 18, 2005 11:06 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
See I was smart and didnt watch it. Sure I like to watch a train wreck like everyone else. But this time I just sat back. Although the new Gordon isnt bad.

And btw before asking for a Superman movie. Remember that they werent all that great. Just a couple.
PostSat Nov 19, 2005 12:30 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: