нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Justice League Unlimited (SPOILERS)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Justice League Unlimited (SPOILERS)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject: Justice League Unlimited (SPOILERS)
I promise you my moderating buddies, I searched for this thread, it didn't pop up in the first two pages, I remembered the annoyance over Lazarus threads, and hell I'm not sure if the last time it had it's own thread it was even officially part of Toonami yet.

On with the SPOILERS! But only spoilers for those in America. You YTV having bastards don't spill anything about the last episode.

“Less talking more hitting!�

Good philosophy as the action cranked up tonight big time.

“Says you! I have a seat at the big conference table... I’m going to paint my logo on it.�

God in heaven was tonight a Flash tribute or WHAT?

Who took out the all powerful Branithor? Wally West baby!

I was disappointed he got knocked down by the beams (I believe my exact words were 'The hell? He's FASTER than light!') but then he vibrated through them bots and circled the earth to sped up until he could short out all the nanotechs.

In the meantime apparently kicking ass via inertia.

Speed force! By gawd! Speed force! Just when you thought the nods to the fans had overloaded they hit you with Wally vanishing and being brought back. Too bad the series never worked Linda in previously so she could pull him back.

The only thing that worries me is that a certain line of dialog hinted next season might not have Batman because of that other piece of shit cartoon. Hopefully it was just another innuendo between Bats and Wonder Woman.

If DC stole Bryan Singer Marvel needs to steal Dini or Timm. Good lord would I love to see the Marvel U get this type of treatment.
PostSun Jul 17, 2005 2:37 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
This was definately the best JLU episode yet, I liked how they weaved in the whole Braniac thing because it seemed disruptive last week. But just one question, what do you think happened to Braniac?
PostSun Jul 17, 2005 11:08 am
UpYurSkirt

Post subject:
Justice League's ending was 10x better than the teen titans'.

(spoiler + rant)-------------
With Teen Titans you already knew how everything was going to end. Don't tell me no one guessed that Raven was going to beat Trigon? The Flash beat Braniac in Justice League Unlitmited and that's like having Beasttboy beat Trigon in Teen Titans. Not only unexpected but it flowed with the story. If they decided that Beastboy was going to beat Trigon in Teen Titans they'd probably make it a plot twist or something like that. They'd be like, "Let's make something that the viewers don't expect," and they'd have Beastboy beat Trigon without any explanation. Teen Titans is horribly predictable. That's why I don't really like it. I mean you didn't have to read the comics to know that Trigon is Raven's father before they said it.
(END spoiler, CONTINUE rant)--------------

The other thing that I liked about these last episodes of Justice League is that they had the "firsts" (Batman, Superman, Green Lanter, Hawk Girl, Wonderwoman, Jaack (sp), and Flash) to save the world. Not that unnecessary clutter of reject super heroes.
PostSun Jul 17, 2005 2:45 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
UpYurSkirt wrote:
Not that unnecessary clutter of reject super heroes.
The Question OWNS you son... OWNS.

And oh no you DIDN'T compare Flash with Beast Boy. :roll:
PostSun Jul 17, 2005 5:18 pm
UpYurSkirt

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
UpYurSkirt wrote:

And oh no you DIDN'T compare Flash with Beast Boy. Rolling Eyes

Oh yes I did.
PostSun Jul 17, 2005 5:24 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
UpYurSkirt wrote:
JKyle wrote:
UpYurSkirt wrote:

And oh no you DIDN'T compare Flash with Beast Boy. :roll:

Oh yes I did.
Cartoon Beastboy is a tool.

The Flash, all Flashes, all incarnations, is the man.

15 demerits.
PostMon Jul 18, 2005 4:13 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Alright I finally got to see it this afternoon. After forgetting to TiVO it saturday and sunday.

The episode itself was good. And the reference to the speed force was a suprise. Although Martian saying "I feel his spirit"... was really lame. It felt like the end to Robotech II with all the kids chanting "Robotech" (a reference most of you will not get).

Lets talk about the speed force for a second. First you have to be a fan to understand the reference. Next it was a lame idea when it was in the comics and it wouldnt be that much better now. But how much can you do in a comic with a guy who just goes fast? I guess you needed a force thing for him. I guess that means Wally is full of midichlorians.

I really thought that Lex was ready to going kill Flash and start the Justice Lords up. It kinda felt like they would go there didnt it?

What show was Batman referencing at the end?

Now lets talk about the season in general and the episode before this one. They were starting to emulate Kingdom Come. And doing a pretty good job of it in the JLU universe. Right up until two episodes before the end you could see this and had a good feeling that it was going to happen. Which would have led to some really cool episodes. We had a mostly dark season with the heroes being questioned a lot. We introduced a couple side members to the league that become main characters, my favorite is still The Question. But then you tidy it up with the Brainiac ending. And we are supposed to think that Earth would go "Thats ok we understand Lex fired the lazer. Sure Brainiac was controlling Lex. We forgive you!". Um... doubt it. Even Lois was doubting Supes.

I wanted a better ending. But then Im the one who usually complains about endings arent I? It was to clean, to tidy, to annoying to just wrap it up.

On the plus side I just started re-watching the old Superman episodes, thank you Boomerang, and this week I was going "Ok where did Brainiac do it". And I spotted the episode where it happened and had it confirmed this week.

On the subject of continuity.They did an amazing job this season of it. There were things that popped up from all over the season towards the end or how it connected to Superman:TAS. Even the connection with the Speed force. This is really a show that caters itself to its fanbase.
PostMon Jul 18, 2005 5:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:

Got a quote or transcription?
PostMon Jul 18, 2005 5:23 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
UpYurSkirt wrote:

Haha, I loved him.

That Brainiac part seemed like it came out of no where. But then I remembered that ep from Superman:TAS. And I really hope Batman is in the next season he is one of my favorite members.. I need to catch the last few eps. I was away and VCR got shut off... so my timer couldn't tape them
PostMon Jul 18, 2005 5:24 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
And oh no you DIDN'T compare Flash with Beast Boy. Rolling Eyes

Actually, they WERE comparable in the original League series. They were both just wise-cracks, mainly around for comic relief.

When Unlimited started, though, he actually grew more mature and intelligent...and useful.

I used to compare them, but Flash has given me reason to not do that anymore.

And yes, The Question DOES own. Mr. Green
PostMon Jul 18, 2005 6:37 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobu i was referring to Jklye's orignal post
Quote:

The only thing that worries me is that a certain line of dialog hinted next season might not have Batman because of that other piece of shit cartoon. Hopefully it was just another innuendo between Bats and Wonder Woman.

And I've become a big fan of the question as well. Since im a bit of a conspiracy theorist myself I loved the things he'd say. Especially during the torture sequence. After watching the earlier episode before he ends up at Cadmus I noticed the poster in the background of his room. It was a promotional poster for Flouride.

Edit - Found The Question http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Question
PostMon Jul 18, 2005 9:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Fodder wrote:

Got a quote or transcription?

More than likely, the show in question was "The Batman."

See, when "The Batman" came on the air, the brass in charge of the DC cartoons put a "Bat Embargo" on JLU that prevents the staff from using any of Batman's villians, cast, or locations to avoid confusing the younger viewers by having two different versions of the Bat Universe.

Unfortunately the embargo, like "The Batman," was good in theory but horrible in execution. The embargo disallows CN from even airing the JL episodes that don't have Bat Villians etc etc.

What JKyle is worried about is the possibilty that the embargo could extend and remove Batman himself from JLU.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostMon Jul 18, 2005 11:32 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was just wondering what the line of dialogue was.
PostTue Jul 19, 2005 10:05 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
This afternoon I'll go grab the line and post it.

As for "The Batman" I hope to the gods of DC it doesnt count in the DC Universe. And somehow I dont believe it does. But I have bashed that show in seperate threads. And for all that is holy they are releasing "The Batman vs Dracula" this fall. No I am not making that up. And yes its the real dracula not some supervillian.
PostTue Jul 19, 2005 10:09 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The line was "You can handle this I have work back in Gotham"

I dont see how that implies that they are removing Batman from JLU next season.
PostTue Jul 19, 2005 11:44 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: