нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Why organized religion scares me
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Why organized religion scares me
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject: Why organized religion scares me
Have you guys heard about the rioting in Nigeria? Muslims are pissed about the Miss World pageant that was scheduled to be held there in two weeks.

Since the location was decided, the Muslims have been griping about it. They feel it goes against their religion, because it involves females showing men body parts other than their feet. On Monday (maybe it was Tuesday), a local newspaper published a commentary on the Islamic resentment. The commentary stated that Mohammed probably would have taken some of the competitors as his wives.

This sparked a vast amount of telephone and e-mail traffic among Muslims. In most of the messages, the only information was that such-and-such a newspaper has slandered the great prophet Mohammed. Little or none of the actual article was included, and it was not considered that it may be in jest. (or they believed it didn't matter)

As a result, well over a hundred Muslims began rioting in one of the northern cities. There was a lot of property damage, no negotiation, and a lot of hatred. As of this morning, the death toll was more than 100, with hundreds more injured.

Does it seem to you like these people have anything resembling a sense of proportion?
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 2:50 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
It shows how dangerous religion can be. Haven't these people heard of editorials?!
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 4:02 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
THey're not the most educated people in the world out there- they take a lot of things to seriously.

Actually, when you think about that Victoria's Secret show and all the insane Christians(and PETA members) up in arms over it, you wonder how something like THAT would have set off the Nigerian Muslims.
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 6:05 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
no, this shows how bad FANATICS are. Organized religion is bad, but being an oversealous fanatic about anything is a bad bad idea.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 6:18 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Organized Religion isn't a problem at all. What is is that people think they know what they believe in and really don't have a clue. That and the fact that anyone who is a zealot about anything is unnafected by logic and reason.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 6:46 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
So what do you call Mormons then?
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 7:11 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
I believe it's one part of the religious fanaticism in the general male half going wrong in one culture
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 7:30 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:

Lemmings
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 8:06 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have nothing but the greatest respect for Christian fundamentalists, because it takes a lot of stamina and dedication to successfully block out all forms of logic and reason for so long. -Richard “Lowtax” Kyanka (somethingawful.com)
I guess the quote also applies to Muslims.[/i]
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 11:37 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Force-Attuned_Krogoth wrote:
AdmiralGreer wrote:

Lemmings

But there aren't any areas near cliffs with mounds of bodies in Utah...
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 11:55 pm
Gerbera345

Post subject:
You just havn't found the cliffs yet, they're around there, you just have to look carefully.

Organized religion is ok (in small amounts and in moderation) however the fanatic religious zealots are what are really scary, when you go to the point of killing someone over your religion then you need a bit of a reality check.
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 12:42 am
BladeZero

Post subject:
Very well put; but unfortunatly a small religion will grow in size and at a rapid rate. And as it grows it will have fanatics just as all the other religions. Christianity is the perfect example and not the only one. Started off small and then blew up to be the power house that we all know and love today. And finally when it dies out (in the year 4023!) another one will be there ready to take its place.
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 1:12 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ludwika wrote:
I believe it's one part of the religious fanaticism in the general male half going wrong in one culture

it's not limited to just the male population. it just happens to be in this situation.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 1:42 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
ahem, the crusades anyone? or the Holocaust

most fanaticism is due to males getting overzeolist about thier religion or culture to the point where they feel they have to kill anything in their way.
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 10:51 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, wouldn't God want us to kill in his name those backwards people that want to kill us in his name?
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 2:06 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: