нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well they are just charging 5$ for the game. And you have unlimited continues in the single player game. You get 20 continues in co-op, which can be annoying because most of the bosses are a pain in the ass and can easily take a few lives to beat...
PostSat Mar 17, 2007 8:39 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
I played the crap out of Trauma Center for the Wii before getting distracted. Phoenix Wright has made me glad to be a gamer again and Lego Star Wars 2 was seriously awesome.
PostFri Apr 06, 2007 3:34 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
I played the crap out of Trauma Center for the Wii before getting distracted.

Any thoughts on the Wii version of Trauma Center? I got that for a friend back in February without really knowing if it was a good port, though he's been too busy with Zelda to get around to it yet...
PostFri Apr 06, 2007 9:33 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
It's a really fun time but the difficulty is a bitch sometimes.

Also, don't try playing while drunk off your ass on St. Patrick's Day because that game's just too much pressure.
PostFri Apr 06, 2007 7:41 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
It's a really fun time but the difficulty is a bitch sometimes.

Also, don't try playing while drunk off your ass on St. Patrick's Day because that game's just too much pressure.

heh, That reminds me of when I brought my Wii along on a trip and a friend was playing the game drunk. Needless to say we all had a good laugh at his expense. Smile
PostSat Apr 21, 2007 4:52 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gen Con goes electronic
By Erika D. Smith, Indianapolis Star
August 17, 2007

Charles Patterson is a Dungeons & Dragons player from way back -- back when people used pen and paper, not computers, to navigate the role-playing game.
But on Thursday, the first day of the hobby gamers' convention Gen Con Indy, he took a few minutes to check out "The Eye of Judgment," a new video game for Sony's PlayStation 3.
"Cool," the Baltimore man said, ducking out of a booth crammed with gamers.
On its 40th anniversary, Gen Con is going all out to court gamers like Patterson. For the first time, the annual show has opened its doors to video games.
The participation of both sides of the gaming industry, once disparate in culture and players, could solidify Gen Con's spot as the largest public gaming convention in North America.
That could bring even more visitors and more dollars to Indianapolis in the years to come. Already, Gen Con is Indianapolis' third-largest convention, bringing nearly 27,000 people and $25.3 million to Downtown hotels, restaurants and shops.
On Thursday morning, hundreds of people dressed in everything from T-shirts and jeans to wizard hats and Spider-Man costumes waited as long as two hours to enter the Indiana Convention Center.
"I usually come and bum around and see what's new," said Jonathon Mysiewicz, 20, who drove in from Homewood, Ill.
By noon, he was closing on the registration booth, where he planned to buy admission for all four days of Gen Con.
"Next time, register early," he joked.
Those who did register in advance had packed the main exhibit hall by midmorning, buying board games, cards and dice.
As in years past, banners for top makers of collectible card games and role-playing games are everywhere. At tables, people were playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, HeroClix and Magic: The Gathering as usual.
But this year, for every Upper Deck Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast, there's also an Atari, Dell and Sony Online Entertainment. Even the Geek Squad, popularized by Best Buy, had a booth, inviting people to create their own avatars in the virtual world Second Life.
Technology seemed to be taking over.
In three to five years, the convention could draw as many people from the electronic gaming camp as the hobby gaming camp, said Gen Con's CEO, Peter Adkison.
One reason is that Los Angeles' E3, once the largest convention in North America for electronic games, changed its format last year to cater to reporters and companies instead of the public. Gen Con is filling that hole.
"You're already seeing sort of the results of not having an E3," said Greg Goldstein, vice president of gaming and entertainment for Upper Deck.
Still, Adkison downplayed the notion that Gen Con is abandoning its roots.
"We will continue to support our tabletop gaming community," he said. "But what's happening is everything is merging together."
He cited the World of Warcraft series, which is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, a collectible card game and a board game. So is the EVE series, which is a massively multiplayer online game and a collectible card game.
In some ways, this mixing of game genres is necessary for the industry to grow, said Scott Martins, director of development for Sony Online Entertainment.
Video games are a $7.4 billion industry, but its growth has slowed over the past few years, according to NPD Group, a marketing research firm. The same is true of the hobby gaming industry.
Increasing sales depends on tapping new markets, and video games can take the concepts behind role-playing games and collectible card games into the mainstream.
There are people who wouldn't play a role-playing game with dice and figurines, but they will pop online and play EverQuest, Martins said.
"The geek stigma isn't as bad when you're online and anonymous," he said.
Will gaming with pens, paper, dice, cards and figurines ever go away completely? Some worry it's heading in that direction.
"I think I could be the last buggy whip guy," said James Koplow, Gen Con vendor and owner of Boston-based dice maker Koplow Games.
Kendal Diehl, Carmel, at Gen Con with a few friends, says playing World of Warcraft online is certainly easier than finding people to play with face to face.
But it's not as much fun.
"There's always something gripping about playing face to face," said Caleb Flegel, Carmel. "Half the fun is being around a bunch of people at 3 a.m. when you're punch-drunk stupid."
PostFri Aug 17, 2007 7:07 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57

Jump to: