нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - AMVs
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
AMVs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
hm, what is that program used for, I don't think that anyone would spend $1,600 on a program to make AMVs.
PostSun Sep 26, 2004 5:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Second best editing software there is. Only better is Final Cut Pro (Mac only.) Most of what you seeo n TV is either made with Premier or Final Cut (as far as I know at least. Care to enlighten us, Spook?)

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Sep 26, 2004 7:33 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't forget about Adobe After Effects, CP.
And Berser, you'd be surprised how many people do in fact spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on video editting sofware, just to make amvs. Take, for example, Vicbond007, or White Hawk Studios.
PostSun Sep 26, 2004 8:12 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Don't forget about Adobe After Effects, CP.
And Berser, you'd be surprised how many people do in fact spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on video editting sofware, just to make amvs. Take, for example, Vicbond007, or White Hawk Studios.

after effects is post production, crap from final cut still gets run through AE.

The big three in tv/movies is Avid, Final Cut, and Premiere. Post production is a whole other matter.
PostMon Sep 27, 2004 3:49 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
AE can't edit, Bono. It just sort of dovetails in with Premiere really nicely.

I have the money for either a camera, or editing software. But what good is one without the other?

And I would KILL for a hi-speed camera. On that takes like 48 frames per second and then plays it at 24 frames per second. They use hi speed cameras a lot in Myth Busters and it just comes out looking so freakin cool . . .

PostMon Sep 27, 2004 1:34 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
After Effects isn't only post production. For example, I'm in the process of creating a 3-dimensional spinning Cowboy Bebop logo to bring one of my AMV projects to the level I want. VicBond007's Die Another Day, AMV was done exclusively in After Effects. The NBC Peacock animation, that was done with the Adobe After Effects 5.5 Production Bundle.

My personal list of AV tools is as following with the prices paid when new:

Adobe Video Collection: - $625
--Premiere 6.5
--After Effects 5.5 std.
--Illustrator 10
--Photoshop 7.0.1

Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150 - $100 (I got this on sale with a discount)

AviSynth - Free
VirtualDub - Free
Nandub - Free
VirtualDub MOD - Free
VirtualDub AVS - Free
DVD2AVI - Free

My Computer - I included this because I built mine around the Digital Video Collection, I don't know what the current price of my machine is because it has been upgraded randomly to tweak some performance from it. It isn't cheap.

Other Useful software Tools:

GSpot - free (identifies codec used to encode/decode video files and tells you if you have them.)

If you want to know who spends this kind of money, the answer is lots. Aluminum studios has Adobe Premiere 6.0, 6.5, and Pro, in addition to and After Effects Production bundle 5.5 and Pro 2.5. VicBond007, uses Premiere and After Effects. When Expert DV provides Video Editing machines and software to cons for the AMV Iron Chef contest, they load the Adobe Digital Video Collection. If for some strange coincidence some person/company doesn’t use Adobe products, it's Final Cut Pro. KQ2, a local television station where 2 of my friends work, uses both Premiere and Final Cut Pro.

If you can afford it, Adobe allows their software to be sold at academic prices to anyone in a public school. That means you can, if you’re in elementary, middle, or high-school you can enjoy Adobe's wonderful software at discounted prices without waiting for college. JourneyED treated me well when I was in High School, you should be able to get good things from them.

One other thing, Premiere and Final Cut Pro are very powerful tools that many professionals spend weeks at special training sessions to learn to use. Don't expect to make great AMV's with this just because it's great software. It takes time, patience, time, practice, time, determination, time, money, and time to make a good AMV. It will be many hours of frustration when you first get this software. There are a number of good books about using these programs, read them. Don't be above tutorials; they are there for a reason. If you want to ask me about my experiences with these software programs, feel free to message me. I'll be more than happy to answer all the questions I can.
PostMon Sep 27, 2004 2:11 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
After Effects isn't only post production.

AE is to editing as Premiere is to post.

Premiere is like 80% editing and 20% post. Guess what AE is? 20% editing and 80% post. Adobe would NOT make competeing products for itself like you're saying. Yes, you can edit something entirelyt in AE but you just don't have the depth and breadth of choices for it in there.
PostMon Sep 27, 2004 2:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
OK all you A/V people, I've got a problem.

I need to cram a 4:37 song into a 4:18 video. Is there a program that will let me speed up the song so it will still all be there, but take up less time?

And no, I can't make the video longer, so the only option I'm left with is to make the audio fit.
PostMon Sep 27, 2004 7:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
do NOT speed the music up to cover more than 5 seconds. cut the song for the rest.
PostMon Sep 27, 2004 7:49 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
ok, back to the topic, I got an adope premier 6.5 from the inte, I ment from the store, but im so confused. Does anyone know if there is some kind of walk through for that program?
PostTue Sep 28, 2004 5:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
http://www.adobe.com/products/tips/premiere.html
http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tut_premiere65.htm
http://www.stevengotz.com/tutorials.htm
http://www.stevengotz.com/beginner.htm

those should be sufficiant for you, you should probably start with that bottom one
PostTue Sep 28, 2004 7:04 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
You can also look to other sources for general guides on AMVs, video and artistic information. In all honesty, it will take you enoumous amounts of time to learn Premiere. More Info Here
PostTue Sep 28, 2004 10:51 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
mostly all you need to learn is the basics of how to cut footage and the usage of markers. After that you just need the source material and have a good sense of where you want to go with it.
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 1:32 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
My experience with editing (Which is limited to iMovie 2.0, *BLECK*) is that it's all about the editor's sense of timing and how anal they are. Some people make a lot of cuts that are 'good enough' and when peiced together, it GREATLY reduces the quality of the movie. You need to be accurate down to the frame, no joke, and sometimes even that isn't quite good enough.

I was a crazy obsessive editor in my high school video production class. We made one music video where, on every drum beat, the scene would cut to 2 or 3 frames from something else and then cut back. The specific beat we were splicing to came fairly sporadically, and you would see me playing the same .5 second clip of music 20 times closely watching the frame marker to see eaxactly where it should be cut.

My partners for the project a) thought I was insane and b) loved every bit of the final peice that they saw.

Editing, aside from knowing the software, is all about precision. If you're not a perfectionist, then you can't edit well. It's as simple as that.

PostWed Sep 29, 2004 9:38 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh, and don't forget it's better to cut a few frames early than one to late.
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 12:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: