нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Joining Anime Unleashed on TechTV's nighttime line-up will be X-Play, a half-hour series celebrating gaming as a way of life. The series, hosted by Adam Sessler, will premiere with the April 28 launch of the cabler's new late-night programming block.

X-Play will cover the games, gamers and gear that fuel the video game industry, which is generating revenues that make the movie biz green with envy. The show will offer sneak peeks at upcoming titles, reviews of new releases and feature stories on the people who create, play and live for the games.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 7:38 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Microsoft has announced today that the number of Xbox Live! subscriptions sold has topped the 350,000 mark. That's a lot of subscribers.

That's not all, though. Microsoft has also unleashed a host of other interesting figures relating to Live! usage, like the fact that in the week or so that Mechassault updates have been available, they've been downloaded to about 172,000 Xboxes. Geez!

Every week, they also reveal, Xbox Live! hosts more than 3 million game sessions, totaling nearly 16 million hours, or almost 18,000 years of play time.

Unsurprisingly, the Live! kits are beating the tar out of PS2's network adapter, selling 44 percent more units. Microsoft also points out that Ubi Soft's ever popular and totally cool Ghost Recon has sold 35 percent more copies on Xbox than on PS2.

"Xbox's online service and voice capabilities really enhance the experience gamers get when playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, quoth Tony Kee, Ubi Soft's vice president of Marketing. "It's the social interaction with other fans of the game that makes Ghost Recon on Xbox Live! so appealing."

According to Microsoft, the most desired online feature for 82 percent of Live! users is downloadable content, and that's what the big M plans to deliver.

"From day one, our mission has been to give players what they want next," declared J Allard, Microsoft's vice president of Xbox. "With the availability of downloadable content now on Xbox Live!, we're making a big step toward keeping gaming current and adding an additional element to the industry."

PostTue Mar 04, 2003 7:40 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The San Jose Mercury News posted news about Microsoft's foray into expanding it's Xbox technology into arcades. One interesting note about this new endeavor is that Microsoft named the project "Chihiro", after the heroine of the anime film "Spirited Away''.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Video game publisher Majesco announced plans for their release of Cartoon Network Speedway earlier this week. The title, developed by DC Studios, is set to be released for Nintendo's Game Boy Advance console this July and will be the first of several GBA titles starring Cartoon Network's colorful cast of Cartoon Cartoons.

The game will feature 12 playable characters from popular Cartoon Network series like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Johnny Bravo, and Sheep in the Big City. Players will test their kart-racing skills on 12 tracks themed to the Network's shows which feature a wide assortment of challenging obstacles, as well as strategic power-ups. Using a unique "Star Rating" system, the game allows players to earn unlockable characters, championships, power-ups, and tracks by performing impressive stunts and maneuvers that "wow" the audience. The different gameplay modes available include Quick Race, Championship, and Challenge, in addition to a 2-player GBA Link Cable mode.

"Cartoon Network's popular characters translate wonderfully onto an interactive platform and are a perfect fit for the Game Boy Advance audience," said Ken Gold, Vice President of Marketing for Majesco. "Younger players will enjoy Cartoon Network Speedway's unique features that set it apart from typical kart racing games."

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 2:49 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Marketing research consulting company Zanthus unveiled full results from its recent Future2Future survey and, according to the results, things are on the up and up for the industry. According to the report, which came from 498 gamers in the U.S. aged 14 – 26, hardcore gamers from 14-18 and older ones from 19 – 26, responses revealed that 92 percent of teenagers play videogames. The results further noted that the core group of gamers are males ages 14 to 17-year-old. This group takes up 25% of teenage gamers and, of this group, 55% have played videogames for more than 10 years, with an average of 23 hours a week playing games. Flipping the coin, “light gamers” are older females ages 18 – 26. This group has played for an average of six years, and spends around 8 hours a week playing.

On average, the report continues, teenagers/young adults are reportedly happy with the state of the industry, with most respondents giving scores of 7 out of 10, and two-in-five (39%) giving scores of 8 out of 10. With that in mind, it was also said that the most appreciated feature in games today are visuals. Visuals came in first to the variety of titles out at the moment. However, the report notes that female respondents don’t feel there’s enough variety. Following that, the report added that those taking the survey didn’t have much appeal for online gaming, with only 5% subscribed to online titles. However, 21% said they’re interested in future titles. This comes on top of the group saying that future services such as video-on-demand (61%) and pay-to-play (23%).

Lastly, on the subject of next-generation consoles, those in their early teens said they’re more likely to get a GameCube; however, those in Zanthus’ group said they wouldn’t purchase a GameCube due to it supposedly “geared for little kids”. Alternatively, the group chose Xbox and PlayStation 2 as the more “grown-up” consoles. Check out the full report by hitting the link above.

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 7:31 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Xbox Live goes live in Europe in ten days and today, in continuing to gear up for the launch, Microsoft has announced that BT Openworld, NTL and Telewest Broadband are the first members of the Xbox Live Compatibility Programme. The program, which gives gamers a choice of access packages, was announced sometime ago and, as the newest members, the three companies join the 15 broadband providers across the U.K., 13 from North America and 6 from Japan.
"We are delighted to welcome BT Openworld, NTL and Telewest Broadband as members of the Xbox Live Compatibility Programme," said Chris Lewis, Director of Home and Entertainment Division. "We're working very closely with these, the UK leaders in broadband. The offers that BT Openworld, NTL and Telewest Broadband have developed will enable UK gamers to quickly and easily get up and running on Xbox Live."
On a related note, Microsoft officially reiterated its broadband support in Europe. While the list doesn’t include Germany’s providers, who are set to be announced during CeBIT in Hannover, the list can be found below.
Belgium:

Belgacon
Telenet
France:

Wanadoo
NOOS
Germany:

To Be Announced
Italy:

Telecom Italia
Spain:

Telefonica
Auna

Sweden:
TeliaSonera
UPC/chello
B2 Bredband
The Neterlands:

KPN/Planet Internet
UPC/chello
U.K.:

Telewest Broadband
NTL
BT Openworld
Expect more on the upcoming European launch of Xbox Live as it approaches.

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 7:39 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
At the Bear Stearns investment conference in Florida a majority of attending publishers said they expect Sony Computer Entertainment America to drop the price of the leading PlayStation 2 from $199.99 to $149.99 sometime this spring.

As part of their plans for the upcoming season, publishers and investors like to speculate and/or plan for changes in the industry, investor and retail patterns, and this kind of assumption is not unheard of at these conferences. Additionally, speculation always precedes the Electronic Entertainment Exposition on the subject of price cuts. On Tuesday Electronic Arts' Chief Financial Officer Warren Jenson said that he expects the major manufacturers to slash their prices.

However, SCEA has not indicated officially or even unofficially whether it plans on dropping prices, and Activision's CEO Bobby Kotick said that game publishers shouldn't assume anything, adding that if SCEA doesn't cut prices the industry will indeed grow slower without them.

"All the indications that we have from the folks at Sony are that they don't feel the need," Kotick said. "I think that probably will have a negative impact on the market."

SCEA would not comment on price cuts at this time.

Last year, with rumors of Microsoft planning to slash prices before E3, SCEA beat the Redmond, Washington-based company to the punch, lowering its prices first. Keep your eyes peeled for any word of prices cuts come May.

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 7:53 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
ATI, a major manufacturer of PC video cards and creator of the Gamecube's graphics hardware, has entered into a new technology development agreement with Nintendo. Under the agreement, ATI and Nintendo are developing technologies for use in Nintendo products.

No further details are available about the agreement, but it is a reasonable assumption that ATI will be involved with Nintendo's next console. Despite any complaints about third party support, ATI's technology for the Gamecube has generally received praise.

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 10:18 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Uhh, okay?
PostThu Mar 06, 2003 7:15 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
abd here /I had a nice page of news just to myself and you had to go screw that all up, thanks. Razz

PostThu Mar 06, 2003 10:28 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
ATI doing the graphics card for the next gen Nintendo console? Sounds like it could be pretty kickass, I think at least . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Mar 07, 2003 8:35 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
they do know their stuff. They have had some really revolutionary and groundbreaking cards
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Mar 07, 2003 11:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
they do know their stuff. They have had some really revolutionary and groundbreaking cards

ati sucked until the last few editions of their radeon line.

It looks like being the last place to get a game is quickly becoming the best option. On top of bonus packages from such companies as Konami, PAL gamers will now receive a powered-up version of Metroid Prime. Nintendo's instant classic will see a number of tweaks to increase difficulty, but more notably, a good bit of speech will be added to the game.

Enemies will take more shots to kill, deal more damage, and drop fewer health and ammo refills when finally killed. Environmental hazards will also do more damage. The environment will now include doors that require multiple shots to open, a touch from previous Metroid games. The optional hint system will also take longer to kick in. No word on how these changes affect any Hard Mode remaining in the game.

Other improvements include the ability to skip cutscenes on repeat trips through the game. Voice acting, which made a brief and tinny debut in Super Metroid, will be added in multiple ways. Voices will announce locked doors, read scan data and new entries in Samus' log book, and appear in the game's opening and ending sequences.

PostSat Mar 08, 2003 12:03 am
Thricsis_TS

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
dougisfunny wrote:

And who makes chips for Nintendo again? Wink

NOW FOR MY TWO CENTS...

A new company is producing cards that enable java decoding on your GBA.... Check it out! http://www.insertcredit.com/features/gdc/jamid.html
Thrice, From Autumn To Ashes, Alkaline Trio, Remembering Never, Something Corporate, Letter Kills, On The Might Of Princes, You And I, Shady View Terrace, Feeling Left Out, Further Seems Forever, Kind Of Like Spitting, Stars Are Falling, December, Time Sp
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 6:01 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thricsis_TS wrote:
Spookmonkey wrote:

And who makes chips for Nintendo again? Wink

So? Just because they make good cards now doesn't mean they used to suck. nVidea and 3DFX were the only companies to supply solid cards from day one. Of course 3DFX was bought by nVidia, but that doesn't have anything to do with this.

When ever a company is tapped to make the chip for a game console they ALWAYS pull things out of their ass that won't be on the market for a couple years.

PostMon Mar 10, 2003 10:11 pm
Thricsis_TS

Post subject:
http://www.gbanow.net/GBAnow_Anthem_Part2.mp3 -EM0rox

Very good freestyle rapping by my good friend Mugzy devoted to the wonderful people over at #GBAnow... LOLLOLOLLLL

"If link re-directs you, just find the news about it on that page, it's like the 4th one..."
Thrice, From Autumn To Ashes, Alkaline Trio, Remembering Never, Something Corporate, Letter Kills, On The Might Of Princes, You And I, Shady View Terrace, Feeling Left Out, Further Seems Forever, Kind Of Like Spitting, Stars Are Falling, December, Time Sp
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 5:46 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 23 of 57

Jump to: