нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Old Toonami shows you would want back
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Old Toonami shows you would want back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Those were about the two most obscure examples you could've come up with...
Like a clown pulling a pair of headphones out of it's ass.

Last edited by John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo on Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 12:44 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Or a pair of headphones pulling a clown out of it's ass.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 12:59 pm
yusuke_fan

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
Disclaimer:
<--- Sentai Shoujo Fan Boy

If Sailor Moon were to come back, it wouldn't be on Cartoon Network since it would be the live action version. As for my opinnion, I think Sailor Mercury puts it best:

I love this show.

(edited to reflect reality)

Sentai: A story that involves a team of color-coded superheroes
Examples include: Sailor Moon, Shinesmen, Tokyo Mew Mew, and Ground Defence Force Mao-chan

ARE YOU KIDDING ME THAT LIVE ACTION SALOR MOON SUCKS!
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 6:54 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
oh, it is boughten
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 7:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
yusuke_fan wrote:

I pity you; you've just picked a fight you can't win.
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 9:37 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Damn straight! At least I can watch for panty shots of real people!
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 10:11 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Disclaimer:
The following post may contain spoilers for multiple series, including but not limited to: All productions of Sailor Moon, Saikano, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Consider your-self warned, you may continue reading at your own risk.

Let’s set some background information. I am a fan boy. I have all 200 episodes of the animated Sailor Moon and watch them on a regular basis. I own on licensed commercial DVD the first 4 seasons and all 3 movies. I have also seen every episode of the first season of the live action version of Sailor Moon, including the making of special and their dance lesson DVD. I’ve also started reading the manga and will continue from where I left of as soon as Shikon Neko finds the missing volume. In addition, I am versed in other anime titles in the genre.

yusuke_fan wrote:

I begin will use the assumption that this n00b can be written: “Are you kidding me? Sailor Moon, live action, sucks!� Assuming the vulgar, slang, intransitive verb form of the work sucks, the final phrase becomes: “Are you kidding me? Sailor Moon, live action, is incredibility disagreeable and offensive!�

In response to your assertion, I will refer you to my original post. At no time did I ever claim Sailor Moon, live action, to be in any manner agreeable, or pleasant. I simply stated, “I love this show.�

That statement implies in no manner, the quality of the content. Is it not possible for someone to like something you personally find repulsive? Fragrances are an excellent example. Many people consider colognes or perfumes additive to their personal attractiveness. I, on the other hand, am frequently repulsed by such fragrances as they are usually tacky in their application and have very little bearing on the individual wearing the fragrance. These items were originally intended to mask the odor of a person who had not bathed for months, not to make their sent send visions of assorted candies running through their victim’s subconscious.

If you wish to present your opinion in a manner which to may be hostile, it is advisable to have a basis for your argument. Two examples would include my personal feelings toward Saikano and Yu Yu Hakusho. I didn’t think it to be more than an average series because of the ending. I personally believe that Saikano’s director failed to utilize the emotional and mental anguish the story developed. By destroying the world and having the nice little “Chise and Shuuji time� at the end of the story, the viewer forgets the climax of the story as a flood of cutesy feelings rush over them. In my opinion, it was a waste of a perfectly good climax. Yu, Yu, Hakusho ended in much the same way. Wow, Yusuke is really a daemon who needs to clam his father’s throne. Oh, look when he fights this strong guy we see his daemon power is energy and that he loses the tournament and goes home to Kayko. Not only is the explanation of how Yusuke was able to return to earth awful, the manner in which he was able to return is simply ridiculous. In my opinion, there were much more effective ways to return the characters to their lives on earth.

I fail to see how you could be offended by the live action production of Sailor Moon. This is not a re-make of the anime but a re-interpretation of the Manga that has been influenced from other sources. Some of those sources include the anime, but what makes this series unique is its departure from the popular anime setting and exploration of character development in a more contemporary setting than either the manga or the anime. This allows for more artistic liberty than previous versions and for the creation of a new take on the persona of some of the most popular characters to have ever appeared in anime.

Visually, there were very few expenses spared to create an excellent show despite a television budget. The actors all fit their part as well as can be expected. The only character that even looks more than slightly off is Usagi. However, it is highly unlikely to be able to find any real person on earth who has those ridiculous proportions; their selection is perfectly reasonable. The costumes follow the manga closely in their design, with the exception of the stylized version of Tuxedo Kamen’s mask that showed up around Act 8. While I admit, the tambourines became a bit cheesy toward the end of the series, such items are very common-place in this genre and as such can not be considered a major flaw. Also, while many people find the portrayal of Luna and Artemis as stuffed cats offensive. I believe it to add the comedy impossible to translate from the manga and anime due to problems such as physics, budgets, and time. Stuffed cats are more believable since stuffed animals are allowed in stores where live animals are not. In any case, the CG versions of Luna and Artemis don’t possess the same animated quality that gives the show its distinctive feel.

The Villains were also superbly done. Besides Ami, Queen Beryl is the best cast person on the show. Her face and projected persona exude the very essence of world domination for revenge. The rest of the characters were well cast, although many consider the characters to be misplaced in the story-line especially with regard to costume design. Still the costumes did not look or move poorly on the characters and conveyed the desired effect. While the monsters and fight scenes were very reminiscent of Power Rangers, I must say they weren’t poorly done. It is impossible to produce extremely detailed fight scenes with the limitations imposed by television budgets and production schedules. Despite their short-comings, the fights are no cheesier than in the anime or manga. In fact, they may be better than the original fight scenes; it is only the medium used to present the fights that causes them to appear tacky.

Plot in the live action television series of Sailor Moon, contains drastic departures from the original sources which left many fans alienated and otherwise put-off that someone would be so bold as to not follow strict tradition. I personally believe the new twists in the plot to be refreshing and the only thing about this series that makes it viewable. How many times is one person able to leisurely enjoy the retelling of the same story before hackneyed and stilted? Not very many, that us the reason the stories are not identical in the anime and the manga, and why the story differs yet again in the live action version. People won’t watch unless there is something new. While I must admit that Minako’s death in Act 46 wasn’t completely unexpected, it did develop the story in a way that is rarely done in this genre, yet continue advance the plot seamlessly.

I personally find your opinion of Sailor Moon Live Action, and the manner you chose to express your-self to be indignant, unprovoked, and unfounded. Should you wish to present a well defined argument or personal opinion specifically elaborating on your stance, I will respectfully listen and respond in a curious manner. However, be aware that making unfounded and/or irrational statements can and does provoke strong responses from various members of this forum; my-self included. I’m sorry you selected me as your first opponent.
PostSun Oct 03, 2004 6:17 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
but sailor moon DOES suck. Very Happy
PostSun Oct 03, 2004 1:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
but sailor moon DOES suck. Very Happy

No, you Suck.

And I now know why I shouldn't post at such insane hours of the morning.
PostSun Oct 03, 2004 2:47 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
did I mention that I overheard Takeuchi Naoko say that she thought you smelled bad and looked funny. She also said that you were a "neener stupid poopy doodoo head with a slab of bacon for feet". Her words, not mine. Why would I make that up? So it must be true.
PostSun Oct 03, 2004 3:12 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
WhtHawk quite articulately wrote:
Several pages worth.

OMGLOL pwn3d!!!111oneoneone

WhtHawk wrote:
In my opinion, it was a waste of a perfectly good climax.

You catholics would know about wasted climaxes...
PostSun Oct 03, 2004 4:48 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Come on, I make a little 1,301 word post and this thread turns into make fun of WhtHawk. Don't make the bunny come back.
PostSun Oct 03, 2004 5:46 pm
DiabloTheChicken

Post subject:
Personally I would actually rather see Reboot and The Real Adventures of Jonny (or is it Johnny) Quest brought back. Maybe, maybe, even Speed Racer brought back.
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 8:31 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:

PostTue Oct 26, 2004 8:44 pm
Hana_Hikari

Post subject:
SD Gundam... Crying or Very sad

modded for extreme crying
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 1:27 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: