нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Top Ten Anime-- Or Recommendations
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Top Ten Anime-- Or Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Kalma, shut up. You are the most annoying piece of shit on the board.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostSun Jan 11, 2004 2:52 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kalma's not that bad; he's just like Ixidor on caffiene (which is usually).
PostSun Jan 11, 2004 10:27 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Except for his deliberateness. It's no accident he's this annoying.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 12:24 am
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
I am not trying to be annoying, you just see me everywhere and that to you is annoying.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 8:41 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
as I said before, put some thought into what you type.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
just to update on my plans, i think i'm gonna modify my original idea slightly, going for more of an encylopedia-esque approach instead of just list after list...this way, specific information can be easier to find (since it'll be divided alphabetically), and the individual parts will look and flow a lot better...

in this case, i'll have to dock the numerical values of individual top ten lists, but i promise to leave everything else unchanged...this'll also open things up for those who may not have seen enough to create a top list, but want to mention one or two shows anyway...

still haven't decided on a deadline for submissions before i put it all together, but it won't be until sometime in february so there's plenty of time...there's really no requirements for comments, but at least two sentences would be good and try to avoid spoilers...

now for random comments:

Kalma wrote:
Wasn't MY list good?

i got nothing against your list, but you need to add some sort of commentary for each show if you want them to be considered...

Nobuyuki wrote:
JJc, feel free to help yourself to any of the following that I've written in various threads on this message board:

much appreciated...

i also want to add that i'm not planning for this to be strictly anime, as not all animation comes from japan, so those who want to bring up other forms of animation (androspook, i'm looking in your direction), feel free to do so...
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 6:18 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought I already did. Smile
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 6:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
just to update on my plans, i think i'm gonna modify my original idea slightly, going for more of an encylopedia-esque approach instead of just list after list...this way, specific information can be easier to find (since it'll be divided alphabetically), and the individual parts will look and flow a lot better...

in this case, i'll have to dock the numerical values of individual top ten lists, but i promise to leave everything else unchanged...this'll also open things up for those who may not have seen enough to create a top list, but want to mention one or two shows anyway...

So it'd be like: "TIL Recommends-(Show)", with individual members' comments composing the body of the review? That could work, just a bit of organizational and editing chores on your end.
Though I don't envy your task ahead of you. Cool
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 7:44 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
JJc14 wrote:

So it'd be like: "TIL Recommends-(Show)", with individual members' comments composing the body of the review? That could work, just a bit of organizational and editing chores on your end.
Though I don't envy your task ahead of you. 8)

while that would be cool, i think that method's a bit much for me to do, and i have a reputation for laziness to keep after all... =)

my blueprint was something more along the lines of "TIL Recommends [A-F]", "TIL Recommends [G-L]", etc...the layout would be something like this:

---
T

Tenchi

- Tenchi Muyo! OVA's - What, did you think I wouldn't mention Tenchi? Well, while I think Samurai X is the best thing I've ever seen...Tenchi remains my favorite. The series has my absolute favorite cast of characters in any series. The animation is really cool. And the story is suprisingly complex. The complexity just adds so much depth to an otherwise just very enjoyable series. (TheWorldWeKnow)

- Tenchi Muyo! & various Kajishima multiverse series (Dual!, Photon, Tenchi Muyo! GXP, a couple of titles I can't list here) - To me the most interesting thing about Tenchi Muyo! is the backstory and the bigger picture of Jurai history and galaxy politics, not just a group of people living in an ordinary-looking house in Okayama... It's just like delving into Star Wars or Star Trek and coming to an understanding of how this story universe works and how it's put together. Unfortunately Western fans don't have readily-available access to this information. That's a shame, too. (Nobuyuki)

Trigun

- Trigun - More than anything, I like Trigun because of it's characters. Vash is possibly my favorite anime hero - kind, compassionate, and an awesome fighter. Meryl functions in an unusual role, in that she can't admit to herself how much she likes Vash...and there's no appearance that Vash likes her...but it's a coupling you want to see. Wolfwood is, of course, regarded almost universally as one of the great anime characters. Legato and Knives, likewise, are awesome villians. Millie's hillarious. And finally, Rem is the heart of the message in the story, and is, too, a wonderful character. (TheWorldWeKnow)

- Trigun - While the story was a bit sketchy, I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters. I saw so much of myself in Vash, and his interactions with Millie and Meryl always proved amusing. Wolfwood is perhaps the best supporting character in existence, and one can truly feel the evil within Legato. While the first half is considered filler, with such great characters, I could watch them go through anything. The emotional turn during the second half really allowed the characters to shine, and Vash's actions to save Millie and Meryl still stops my heart every time. (JJc14)

U
---

while that's not exactly final, expect the finished product to reflect something like the above...
PostTue Jan 13, 2004 11:20 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oooh, I see, that's actually a pretty cool idea. Once it gets more completish it would be a cool lil thing to have on the main page somehow.
PostTue Jan 13, 2004 1:18 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
Oooh, I see, that's actually a pretty cool idea. Once it gets more completish it would be a cool lil thing to have on the main page somehow.

YAY, more work for Zogg! Wink

I likes what I sees there, JJc. Cool
Now to get more contributors...
PostTue Jan 13, 2004 3:32 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zogg doesn't do enough around here! yah, that's the ticket... and by ticket I mean *strangling sounds as some mysterious ninja strangles andro*
PostTue Jan 13, 2004 5:38 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd be more then happy to contribute my list JJ, of course that means making a list, and creating some explanations on why I like them.....I should get to work on that...right?
PostTue Jan 13, 2004 9:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
I'd be more then happy to contribute my list JJ, of course that means making a list, and creating some explanations on why I like them.....I should get to work on that...right?

sounds great fdd, but there's no rush to get it done immediately...i'm leaning toward a deadline for submissions at the end of february, and depending on my school schedule at that time, i could probably extend it a little into march if needed...

anyone who wants to bring up another show or two that's already done a list can feel free to do so as well, since i'm not putting any sort of limit on amount of submissions...
PostThu Jan 15, 2004 11:25 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Here's one:

Cowboy Bebop:
A series filled with emotion, music, action, sadness, love, hate and comedy. It takes place in the near future, making it almost realisltic. The heart of the story lies in the main character, Spike, ex-con turned bounty hunter and side, his ex-detective partner, Jet, Beatuful and old Faye, and the crazy child hacker, Ed. . It's also about a man's soul, life after death, and living for nothing. The eventful event seems inevitable.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Please include that.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostThu Jan 15, 2004 4:01 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: