нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Computer FAQ
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Computer FAQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I don't know.

Doesn anyone know if a DVD player can read a DVD+R in VCD format? I was pretty sure it would work, but I don't want to waste one of my precious and few DVD+Rs. I just want to keep the quality of VCD, but put more on it.
PostSun Mar 23, 2003 10:07 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Some will, some won't.
My Apex plays anything.

If your DVD player reads the filesystem and honors that first instead of the type of disc, you should be ok, but there's a damn good chance that there'll be video glitches, or it might just die in mid-play
PostSun Mar 23, 2003 10:08 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Hey, heres a question for you.

I'm just getting back from Omaha, NE. While up there, my in-laws asked me to fix their computers. Nothing serious was wrong with them, they only had kazaa and the files that the desktop manger install. To speed up the machine I used msconfig to eliminate unnecissary programs from the startup. You know stuff like AIM, MSN messanger, etc. But its with msn I'm having probs with. I noticed that even when I disabled the startup option on it and went into the registry to delete startup key for msn, it keeps starting itself up. Well its not starting at the actual startup, but rather 5min after the computer is up and running.

The file that keeps starting up is msmsg.exe... or somthing like that. I hit alt-ctrl-del to disable it in the task manager, watch it die, and then 5min later, it'll startup again and run in the background. It is wasting their system resources and I'd like to figure out a way to stop that auto start.

Any Ideas whats going on here?
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 7:01 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
There is another built in messenger integrated into Windows. It's for networking and such, that might be it. If they're using XP you can use the services thing (Control Panel-administrative tools-services) and shut it down from there.

On a side note, I don't live but 50 miles from Omaha, NE. I'm pretty close to Lincoln. Isn't that neat?
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 7:40 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
my guess is there is some sort of program that uses the passport functions... uninstall the bugger

And shinobo does the linux thing have port locking?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 1:03 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Cooolcorey wrote:
There is another built in messenger integrated into Windows. It's for networking and such, that might be it. If they're using XP you can use the services thing (Control Panel-administrative tools-services) and shut it down from there.

Actually, thats the service required for commands such as "netsend". I went ahead and stopped that service when I first got on. No, whats going on here actually involves the msn program because I did a search for the file that kept starting up and found that it was the same file you double click to start up msn messenger.

Cooolcorey wrote:
On a side note, I don't live but 50 miles from Omaha, NE. I'm pretty close to Lincoln. Isn't that neat?

Nice! Its a great state and it must be an incredible place to be when it snows. Just so many hills!
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 9:14 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
If any PC person asks me to "fix their computer" and I see Kazaa (or Gator, BonzaiBuddy, etc), the first thing I run is AdAware.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

...because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM looks like this (or worse)

PostTue Mar 25, 2003 11:30 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Yep. Thats what I ran into. But if your going to check for spy and adware, use Spybot: search and destroy. Its more up to date than Adaware. It alone found over 131 "problems".
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 11:36 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
*Casts Phoenix Down*

Poof! This thread is back to life, for I am in need of assistance.

This one is about VCD's. I downloaded a few episodes of Invader Zim to put on VCD. For some reason, some of the videos I download can only play the video and not the audio. I've tried five different media players and none of them can play it. Anyway, I now have five files that have working audio and everything, but I can only put one onto the VCD because Nero says they are in the wrong format. Of course, some of them are .avi's and some are .mpg's, but I am very much willing to convert them. Does anyone know what programs I can use to convert .mpg's to .avi's?
PostFri Jun 06, 2003 2:37 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Nimo. You need Nimo.
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 4:17 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Ok. I hope you're talking about the nimo codec pack, because that's what I'm downloading. Hopefully it works.

So, do these codecs work for converting files, or just for playing them?
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 7:08 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
It's a collection of codecs.
They play back video/audio.
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 8:17 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm running into a problem encoding video. My source is in DV, I'm trying to encode in QuickTime 6.3 Sorenson Video 3. My uncompressed source video is 720x480, when I compress it in the same size I get white horizontal lines whenever there is movement in the video.

Is this an interlacing problem? Do I need to turn some filter on?

Any of you video capture people have any ideas?

P.S. What's a good key frame rate and data rate to use?
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 9:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
It's an interlacing problem.
By default, QuickTime shows every other line in a DV file (quicker to display).
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 9:52 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Would that be an interlacing setting?

And as for adaware I live by it. Great little application that got better with version 6.

When cleaning up MSConfig when it doubt of whether you should unchcek do two things. First dont. Second go to google.com and do a search on the executable. There you will learn if you should shut it down.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 10:30 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: