нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is the best game of 2004?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is the best game of 2004?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
FDD had it and enjoyed it
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 12:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Katamari Damacy is the best underrated game I've ever seen. It's whacky while simple, yet in-depth gameplay is such a breath of fresh air every time you play it. What amazes me most though, is how well this game has sold in the US with virtually no advertising.

Halo 2 is an amazing game. It's gorgeous, mindless fun. Too mindless in my opinion. The game's multiplayer execution was pretty damn seamless (the thought "I feel like shooting something," has me in a huge CTF match in a matter of a couple minutes from booting the Xbox). The single player game of course sucked badly. It was pretty much like it's predecessor, but with much more cinematic cut scenes. "Oh look, the flood's back! More countless hours of unrewarding gameplay!"

Metroid Prime 2 is almost perfect. It's more powerful, more engaging, and more beautiful than the first. How the reviewers have missed these facts is far beyond me. The only missing components" voice acting and traditional FPS controls. Other than the lack of these two things, the game nearly perfect and seamless. The boss fights, while more difficult on the average than Metroid Prime 1, are more clever, more fun, and still perfectly beatable. There's nothing nearly as hard as the Omega Pirate or Meta Ridley, save the final boss sequence.
The game is immersive, in-depth, and overall tighter than its predecessor. People whine and whine about 'all the backtracking' they have to do, completely ignoring that each place you return to has something new to offer, and that your trek is only a few minutes (compared to running across the entire world for your next item in MP). Even though the world is larger, getting from place to place is greatly hastened, simply by character of better world design.
The load times may be an issue for you this game. Doors take a couple seconds longer to open--even unpausing takes a couple seconds. Every time you travel between light and dark worlds (which happens quite a lot), you get a seven second load cut scene to wait through. Even the elevators are now clever loading points (which is unfortunate because you have to wait for them to come to a stop before stepping off).
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 4:25 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, Meta Ridley was easy. Well, he was if you had all 250 missles and the Wave Buster ^_^

Now the Omega Pirate . . . well, I'm replaying and am literally 2 doors away from him and am NOT looking forward to the fight . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 4:48 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
1) Curl up into a ball and run away when he chases after you,
2) Ignore his buddies as soon as he appears over Phazon. He'll kill them himself with some of his more powerful attacks.
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 6:55 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
People whine and whine about 'all the backtracking' they have to do, completely ignoring that each place you return to has something new to offer, and that your trek is only a few minutes (compared to running across the entire world for your next item in MP). Even though the world is larger, getting from place to place is greatly hastened, simply by character of better world design.

That sounds good. I don't really mind backtracking. Just what pissed me off was most of the time it was that it took far to long to get that itme you need.. And it was easy to make a wrong turn and end up way off course...
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 11:23 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
but it was fun killing things along the way
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Dec 22, 2004 1:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
That game looks really wierd.
PostWed Dec 22, 2004 1:25 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
...are you JOKING? Metroid is a classic game, spawned in the glory days of the NES, along with such great series as Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Mario, and you say that it looks weird?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Dec 22, 2004 4:02 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know, you could just ignore every post by darkness88 and just. That's what I do.
PostWed Dec 22, 2004 4:25 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Or darkness is talking about Katamari... it's difficult to determine.
PostWed Dec 22, 2004 4:34 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Since every post by the two of them is f*cking vague all the time.
PostWed Dec 22, 2004 5:24 pm
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
I was talking about Katamari. I should've been more clear. And Bono I don't post so you'll pay attention, and I don't care if you do or don't.
PostThu Dec 23, 2004 9:10 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
darkness88 wrote:
I was talking about Katamari.

Then please state as such next time. Or learn how and when to use the quote button to eliminate this kind of confusion.
PostThu Dec 23, 2004 9:16 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
take after SoraX, now that was one person who knew how to use the quote button, for a doal humer effect.
PostThu Dec 23, 2004 12:05 pm
just

Veteran

Post subject:
Budokai 3 looks pretty decent. I'm talking about the game.

Last edited by just on Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Jan 04, 2005 9:40 am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: