нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Choose JJc14's Destiny (Well, kinda...)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Choose JJc14's Destiny (Well, kinda...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What game should I play next?
Final Fantasy V (SNES/PS1)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Shadow Hearts (PS2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wild Arms (PS1)
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Obligatory Gouf Option (Gouf strapped to a pong machine) / "This guy really needs a girlfriend..."
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: Choose JJc14's Destiny (Well, kinda...)
[edit 9/20: modified poll to accomodate doug's suggestion]

alright, so the title's a bit misleading, but i've always taken my gaming more seriously than i should, so deal with it...

i'm not one to rush through my games, so when i started up 'The Granstream Saga' about two weeks ago, i was expecting at least 4-6 weeks worth of entertainment, derived mainly from the caption on the back of the box promising 40-60 hours of gameplay (extra credit for those who can calculate my average gaming time per week)...

as you can probably tell by now, my initial estimate proved false (and that caption is a blatant lie), so i'm already looking for my next title...usually i consider my possibilities and come up with a solid answer by the time i'm done the current game, but with how quickly this one played, i'm stuck between three options, and with a very busy week ahead of me, it'd probably take me over a week from today to reach a decision...

...did i mention i take my gaming more seriously than i should?

long story short, i plan to get around to playing all my games eventually, so why not leave this choice to those around me? here's the deal: if you've played any of these games and want to recommend it, go ahead and vote it...those who haven't, below you can read why i want to play each of the three games and decide based on that...for those who don't give a damn, you have your gouf option, though if/when that one wins, i'm just taking whatever finishes second...

the poll itself will be active for four days, so i can start up the winner on friday...thanks for helping out!

---
The thought process:

Final Fantasy V (SNES/PS1) - It's been nearly a year since I last played a Final Fantasy game, so I guess the itch is getting to me. While I've heard the other game in the 'Anthology' package is the big draw (FFVI), I'm intrigued by the job system laid out in the manual and would like to give FFV a shot first. There's also a familiarity factor in the SNES-era Final Fantasy games since I've already played FFIV, therefore I wouldn't have to burn too much time learning the controls and can (presumably) jump right in.

Shadow Hearts (PS2) - It's rare that a game purchased recently jumps right to the front of the pile, but I was previously in the dark that Shadow Hearts has connections to Koudelka, a solid PS1 game that was actually the first title I played upon acquiring my PS2. An intriguing battle system combined with a unique setting for an RPG looks tempting, and it probably wouldn't hurt to play a game made this decade from time to time either...

Wild Arms (PS1) - Though it was a demo for Wild Arms 3 that got me intrigued, I like to play games in order whenever possible, and I've been sitting on this series for about a year now. Speaking of WA3, a friend of mine bought me that game over a year ago, and hasn't been thrilled to hear that I have yet to start the series, let alone get to his gift. I don't know exactly what's kept the game out of my console for this long, because it seems to be a solid turn-based title despite its age, and with the PS2 remake of the game coming soon, now may be the best time to play the original.
---

[note: my thought was that this thread falls somewhere between "Miscellaneous" and "Mindless/Worthless", so if i made the wrong choice, feel free to correct it...]

Last edited by JJc14 on Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
PostSun Sep 19, 2004 9:19 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
FFV, seriously it's the most underrated FF in the series(outside of III cause it has yet to make it here). The job system is complex, yet easily learnable, not to mention it has one of the best battle themes in all of FF history(Clash on the Big Bridge = awesomeness)

...oh, and JJc, your average playtime seems to be about 10 hours a week.
PostSun Sep 19, 2004 11:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wildarms (FF7's rpg competitor at the time) I thought kicked ff7's ass. Plus it's like all westerny themed n stuff.
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 1:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
...oh, and JJc, your average playtime seems to be about 10 hours a week.

looks like someone took the time to crunch the numbers...as for your reward: in the event of a tie, you get to make the judgement call...

i've also extended this poll to those who know me on aim, which i'll add to the numbers here when determining the winner...i can only think of 2-3 people that would be interested in it though, so i don't see it having much of an impact if one game jumps out to a big enough lead...
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 1:03 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
when I get a new game I tend to put in 40 hours the initial week ( or 3 days depending)
then after that it drops drastically
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 1:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wild Arms.

I'm with spook on the westerny theme thing. And I think there's a reason FFV is practically the least known and played.
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 1:38 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
FFV is the least played because of the VI and VII fanboys, the VIII bashers, and the X and X-2 fanfic writers leave themselves no time to play V. Besides who doesn't like the main character named Butz...or Bartz if you're playing on Anthologies....
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 5:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd rather play with the guns in wild arms. plus one of the main characters has a monkey weasel thing that's all cool like that.
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 5:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
just to note, the poll closes in about six hours...the votes here have remained constant for the past few days, but when tabbing the aim votes, it's a different story...

[note: first number is message board votes, second number is aim votes, third number is total]

last night:
Wild Arms: 2 + 2 = 4
Final Fantasy V: 3 + 0 = 3
Shadow Hearts: 0 + 0 = 0

however, i came back today to see an aim vote for final fantasy v, which ties it (and since fdd has the tiebreaker vote, it would presumably go to ffv)...in retaliation, my wild arms friend (read my first post) decided to coerce a friend of his to vote wild arms and keep it in the lead by one:

4:30 PM:
Wild Arms: 2 + 3 = 5
Final Fantasy V: 3 + 1 = 4
Shadow Hearts: [No Change/No Chance]

(while i'm not exactly thrilled by his tactic, the guy who voted does have a knowledge of video gaming, so i'm reluctantly counting it...)

the poll here closes around 1020, and i'll end aim voting then as well...as of this moment, it looks like wild arms will be the next game, but i can't predict what'll happen between now and then (especially with how serious some people are taking this...)

thanks for participating!

Added 9/24: the polls have closed and with no change from the above, it looks like i'll be starting up wild arms today...this was a rather painless format, so i might try doing this again sometime...

thanks again everyone!
PostThu Sep 23, 2004 3:48 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: