нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Ultimate-Super Absolutely Final Clash of the Skit Shows XVMM
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Ultimate-Super Absolutely Final Clash of the Skit Shows XVMM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is the absolute best skit show of all time?
Monty Python's Flying Circus
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Saturday Night Live
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Kids in the Hall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mad TV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
In Living Color
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
I know they're a culture gap, but dang, the British version of WLIIA? was awful.
PostWed Jan 15, 2003 6:45 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like a variety, even if it means every once and a while some people aren't as good. It's set up like a game show only it has the same contestants over and over and over and over and over and over again.All they need to do is once and a while switch out one or two of the regulars. It would improve the show dramaticly.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Jan 15, 2003 6:48 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Unfortunately, we probably won't be seeing any more of the English cast for a good while at least. They had Josie Lawrence on once, and she forgot she was on American TV, with its anal-retentive standards and practices. She got bleeped (and even her mouth was censored) for an incredibly hilarious joke and has never been on since. I love the Brit version because it's edgy like that. They didn't care about censoring themselves, because in the end it's all about the comedy. You can't hold back when you're out there, and that's jsut what they do on the US version.
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 1:29 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I did like the ep where I think it was wayne got hurt (I think he flung himself into a lightbulb or someting by accident, luckily it worked really well into the improv and he wasn't seriously hurt, he finished the show after all).

PostThu Jan 16, 2003 3:44 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
I did like the ep where I think it was wayne got hurt (I think he flung himself into a lightbulb or someting by accident, luckily it worked really well into the improv and he wasn't seriously hurt, he finished the show after all).

Dear LORD I forgot all about that. That has to be the funniest moment ever in that show.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 7:46 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
The American version is just as obscene. The average show lasts at least 2 hours, maybe 3. They just cut out the 20 or so minutes of "appropriate" material to show on television. When seen live, I'm sure the British version and American version would be ranked together in hilarity, with a margin of error only as large as your personal culture gap.
PostSat Jan 18, 2003 10:47 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
stFalcon5 wrote:
The American version is just as obscene. The average show lasts at least 2 hours, maybe 3. They just cut out the 20 or so minutes of "appropriate" material to show on television. When seen live, I'm sure the British version and American version would be ranked together in hilarity, with a margin of error only as large as your personal culture gap.

I don't doubt that the network censors spend hours cutting out the "naughty bits" from a taping of WLIIA? Unfortunately, that which finds its resting place on the editor's floor is only enjoyed by those that saw it first-hand. At least with the British version, more of it made its way to the telly.

That, and the whole diversity of cast makes the Brits better. (Butter)
PostSun Jan 19, 2003 1:48 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
A diverse cast isn't necissarily a better cast. Ryan and Colin and Wayne are SO DAMN GOOD at what they do, and they mesh so well together, that they're consistently funny.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jan 19, 2003 1:13 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know, but with diversity it allows the best combination (those three together) to be a special thing.

PostSun Jan 19, 2003 2:20 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: