нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Official Naruto Talkback
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Official Naruto Talkback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Heh, about the OP ending themes it's not so much a liscensing issue as an advertising time issue. Showing the full opening and endings would cut into advertising time. Adult Swim counters this by either showing the full opening and speeding up the ending(Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) or cutting the opening out and showing the full ending(Inuyasha). Why tToonami chooses not to do this probably has something to do with the timeslot.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 1:19 am
Jorbowsky

Post subject:
Wow, I find this topic to be incredibly biased.... This one guy stages his opinions which looked to be constructive criticism, but the whole board comes out and bashes him completely. I also saw personal attacks here too, what the hell is with that? Fanboy? We're all , or should be lovers/fans of anime, whatever you put it ... the language that it's in should have nothing to do with it indeed, but i'm betting that most of you have only seen the two episodes here. Someone who has looked at both sides has the best opinion, I believe. You guys are basing your attacks on seeing only one thing. Some people have actually spent over a YEAR watching and following this anime series... It could be pretty much a slap in the face to some, to see this anime that they have fell in love with, pretty much get torn apart. In my mind, I want to see this anime series shown as it was like in japan, not with the same language to be specific, but with the feelings and emotions tied into the voices, like jack was saying a while ago.

The subbed episode 1 of naruto, when I saw it... the part when Iruka was hit with the Shuriken, and crying and talking to Naruto, it brought a tear to my eye, and many other I have talked to this as well. I want people in North America to have this same feeling, that they've seen something amazing, if you guys are completely satisfied with what you have seen, so be it. We have no say in what people can like, to the person who started this topic, do realize that you made it to probably see the opinions of other people.... Well, you saw an opinion.... and all he got was hate, what the heck is that about? Are you guys really that narrow minded? I know I might be getting out of hand here, maybe starting a flame but you guys could've done better to RESPECT his opinion and go on from there, personal attacks will get nobody nowhere.

To anyone who hasn't seen the subbed, look at Jack's opinion, he's saying that this was poorly done. You guys could've downloaded an episode of Naruto off of the internet, see the episode and compare what you saw, then say "You know what? I like the dubbed more" or " You're right, this could've been done better, the voices can need improvement." I just want to point out the constructive criticism again.

You can't really prove a point with something unless you actually know about it, it's really just being offended about something you know one side of , if you know both sides however, this could be a good argument, maybe some of you guys should try it out. Look at both sides, see for yourself.

As for myself, I haven't seen the episodes yet, I will later and base my opinion and see what I like more (I can say that both naruto's can sound annoying heheh ^^. I can say this however, I've grown up on Dubbed anime, my first one that I can remember would probably Samurai Pizza Cats, I loved the dubbed, and probably could never look at the subbed in the same way, but I'd be willing to try it out. I've seen Ranma 1/2 in both Dubbed and Subbed, I opened my mind to compare to the anime series' and I found the dubbed to be better, I found that the voices actually fit the characters moreso, and Ranma sounded cooler than the japanese one Razz. Many more anime series' I've found, that I can say the same thing, but I know I like subbed anime more. It's really stupid to insult someone and call them a fanboy or whatever, when really, we're all the same , we like this anime, so please, just drop the personal attacks. Let's talk about the anime, not eachother.

The last thing I have to say is that some of us are indeed offended when we lose what we're seeing to know that it's being poorly dubbed in America. In some cases I have been in the middle of an anime series when it was licensed by a company, hell, maybe even further.... Some anime series' I've never got to see the end, because of the Anime-Fan code; stop distributing when it gets licensed, and then support the company, bring more anime in to our countries. However, I have to wait a long time just to get some poorly done, censored anime series'? When it finally comes out on DVD, I have to pay for something I don't want, It can really get some people pissed off sometimes, especially with Naruto. Many people, when they heard it got licensed were upset that 120 episodes in they'd have their anime they've been going with for a long time, wanting to see more cut off. I think you guys should know how long it'd take to see the episodes they want again, A long time.

Lastly, with the censoring...you guys have a point with society... but it really cuts off the japanese culture that's actually put into the anime. It takes a piece of the anime out itself. Also, if there's a nosebleed being censored.... some other things that are censored might change the plot and make you blind to the real anime, and what really happens... It might just make things seem odd, or cut you off from plot. I wanna know how it's gonna be shown ^^.

Take this advice from a seasoned anime-fan. I've seen both sides, I've been watching anime that has been dubbed, through my brother for about 8 years. We also have over 1200 gigs of Subbed anime, that's alot for those of you who don't know ohw much that is. Probably 200 gigs of Dubbed anime. I've seen some anime series' both subbed and dubbed, and some have been disappointing, some great. I'll be watching naruto dubbed, and I'll be watching it subbed. I'm not going to bias myself like some of you, but if the dub does not approve, then I'm going to lose interest fast. As Jack said, voice acting is essential. From my view, with me anime is supposed to bring you into the story, make you feel like you know these people, you know the characters as say friends, you share their feelings of sadness, happyness and whatever else. Then make you feel like you want to see more anime, get involved in other stories, and meet new characters. It's basically like a book or movie. If the actors aren't doing a good job, then people will think it's a bad movie. For example, if you've seen the movie. Imagine if in any of your favourite movies, the actor didn't show any feeling, he was boring and sounded like he wasn't even caring. You could say that's how some feel, compare it with things you're familiar with, if you must. >.> Rant over.

Edit: Oh yeah, The whole circle jerk thing was probably a metaphor, if you bothered to actually check to see if there was another meaning to it.

I put up a definition I found off of urbandictionary.com

3.) When a bunch of blowhards - usually politicians - get together for a debate but usually end up agreeing with each other's viewpoints to the point of redundancy, stroking each other's egos as if they were extensions of their genitals (ergo, the mastubatory insinuation). Basically, it's what happens when the choir preaches to itself.

Last edited by Jorbowsky on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 2:19 am
jackfrost

Post subject:
Preach it, brother. Smile

Quote:
Then become a VA and shut up. I'm just as tired of hearing the same voices used in every anime dubbed in the US.

I'M mainly tired of hearing what seems like the same voice come out of multiple characters in the SAME cartoon, like in the Naruto dub.

Quote:
Problem is, the US lacks talented VA's.

That's a load of nonsense. The U.S. probably has more actors (both talented AND untalented) than any other country on the planet. Any decent actor can do voice work. The problem and mistake the folks dubbing Naruto made was in not choosing actors with enough variety between their voices and the ability to convey emotions that the story requires. It just sucks a large amount of impact and quality out of the show, when it shouldn't.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 2:28 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well Jorbowsky, you obviously put thought into this post. It was well thought out and established you as someone above the age of 13. This I respect.

However, I must say I'm disappointed. Only 1200 gigs of anime? So sad. I expect better.

Now I will agree that after reviewing the first subbed ep of naruto again, that the voice acting for iruka was sub par as far as emotion. But this is to be expected. The US VA's will get better. Look at Gundam Seed. The US VA for Cagalli sucked, but on the last episode, she finally sounded decent. =)

I appreciate you voicing your opinion in a way that invokes thought and discussion. When we get morons who end posts with "I'm telling all my friends to not watch the dub", we tend to not give a rats ass about their opinion.

Welcome to the board.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 2:47 am
Jorbowsky

Post subject:
Hey man, I hate to see one opinion being bashed like this. We're all anime fans here, or we wouldn't be on this board. Granted we have different opinions, but we all the same thing in common, we like Naruto.

I'm gonna go watch the dubbed eps, after watching the first seaon of CSI (Great show, you guys should check it out....Really good show Razz)

Edit: I didn't see your post while posting. I really hope it doesn't go to that, good on the last episode... but I guess they have alot of episodes to get better. The only thing with that though, is that it'll turn off alot of people who like the subbed. I don't force my opinions onto others in terms of an anime, my friends have tons of different tastes, some hate the series i like, some love them. For me, I mostly like any anime out. You might not realize it, but there are people who are Fans of a SPECIFIC character. There are Kakashi-fangirls/guys?, if you've seen the amount of people taken interest into this anime, there have been probably thousands of people who've loved this anime, that were getting it subbed. Even if you say the VA's were rushed through this, they shouldn't have been, they should've put a LOT of effort into this, if you're looking at it's popularity. Razz

Btw, only 1200 gigs? >.> come on, that's already alot man... it's all on hard drive too, i can access it any time...I was hoping you were being sarcastic.... I even lost about 120 gigs of anime a year ago :/

Last edited by Jorbowsky on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 2:48 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh, I agree, we're all anime fans. However, I can't stand the whinners who can't accept something decent. Like I said though, you put your thoughts into a well structured mini essay. I'm impressed.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 2:56 am
Jorbowsky

Post subject:
Yeah, by the way.... The opening I didn't really like as much... but if the ending isn't Wind, then you guys should really download it. It's an awesome song. Alot of songs from anime series' have become my favourites, if the opening / ending are terrible, then I won't have a good time while waiting for the show to start, or in the case of the original ending, enjoy listening to the song after the anime.

Narutofan.com (the one guy mispelled it.)

They might have the multimedia there, for the openings and endings. I suggest you guys take a look and see what you're missing Wink

edit: Actually, on a BitTorrent site I frequent....The Naruto files are all gone! This must be angering for those who want to download more Naruto, they will probably start to stop fansubbing it out in the open, many people will probably be out of their Newest episodes of naruto.

Last edited by Jorbowsky on Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 3:00 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh we have all the intros and endings here on Toonami Digital Arsenal. Some of which I provided.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 3:04 am
jackfrost

Post subject:
Quote:
However, I can't stand the whinners who can't accept something decent.

Hey, put a decent dub of Naruto out there and the "whining" will largely cease.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 3:06 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well true, but you know as well as I do that the dub will never please everyone. At this point i'm happy with how it is. I've seen far worse dubs out there.

Anyways, if people don't like the dub, the DVD's will always have the original and the internet will have the rips.

Oh and yeah I misspelled Narutofan.com. I threw that out there without caring to much.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 3:10 am
Jorbowsky

Post subject:
People have always been complaining about dubbing, yet the companies who license these anime hardly ever change. Sometimes we get some decent dubbings, but in my experience I've found that many subs are alot better.

Alot of you say that we should just get the bootlegs, or just wait for the DVDs. Do you know how long it is going to take before we see episode 150+ on DVD?

Anime dvds that I see are mostly expensive, and lack any special features, you'd be paying just for the subbed episodes o_O.

Fansubbers also support the industry, and most of the known ones stop fansubbing as soon as it gets licensed, and is on tv here. Not alot of people know about underground fansubbing, and sometimes the quality can be terrible. Besides, getting the rips is illegal, and some people might feel guilty? or the companies get the places that house them shut down. It's largely the fact that the series' that are licensed become sparse.... I can't find any Record of the Lodoss war episodes online, so i'm forced to buy the dvds. :/

I'm not saying this just in the case of naruto, but out of all the dvds and everything i've experienced. Watch excel saga dubbed.....that poor girl couldn't keep up with the speed excel talks at all, and many other things were just BAD. I'd want to know if they even looked at the japanese ep, before doing it... >.>
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 3:32 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
1400 Gigs? thats gotta be spread out over prolly 6 hard drives 168 days worth of anime... that is crazy (based upon 347 MB/hr)
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 3:40 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
See, I don't have a problem buying anime. I perfer it actually. Looks better on a shelf. One of the perks for having worked tech support at creative labs.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 3:53 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Sasuke's voice cracks me up. Perfect fit there.

Shikamaru's voice was also great, not what I was thinking (I think I said this in a previous thread but I was envisioning David Blum Lucas Jay Steven's Jamie voice from Megas) but still good.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 5:26 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Jorbowsky wrote:
People have always been complaining about dubbing, yet the companies who license these anime hardly ever change. Sometimes we get some decent dubbings, but in my experience I've found that many subs are alot better.

Bull. The companies (aside from 4Kids) HAVE gotten better. You just have to compare the oringial Dub of DBZ to the later episodes to see not only a change in quality of voices, but also a change in quality (read: less) edits. It's just that with a show as popular as Naruto, people are going to be pissed off even if the dub is FLAWless. THAT is why we bitch.

Quote:
Alot of you say that we should just get the bootlegs, or just wait for the DVDs. Do you know how long it is going to take before we see episode 150+ on DVD?

Anime dvds that I see are mostly expensive, and lack any special features, you'd be paying just for the subbed episodes o_O.

May take a while for all 150 to come out, but even if you get the fansubs, that's one ep a week, no? I would think that if you really wanted it, it'd be worth the wait. Also, the DVDs will have 6 episodes on each and each will be priced at $20 (at least, that's what was announced). As far as anime DVDs goes, you can't really ask for much more. PLUS it's going to have both the Dub and the Sub. As opposed to One Piece, where the only legal thin in the US is the massacred 4Kids version.

Quote:
Fansubbers also support the industry, and most of the known ones stop fansubbing as soon as it gets licensed, and is on tv here. Not alot of people know about underground fansubbing, and sometimes the quality can be terrible. Besides, getting the rips is illegal, and some people might feel guilty? or the companies get the places that house them shut down. It's largely the fact that the series' that are licensed become sparse.... I can't find any Record of the Lodoss war episodes online, so i'm forced to buy the dvds. :/

Fansubbers support the industry? Debatable. But I don't feel like getting into that right now. But I just want to say that that is DEFFINITELY debatable.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 1:52 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 9 of 26

Jump to: