нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Official Naruto Talkback
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Official Naruto Talkback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
*claps*
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 7:17 am
primalbliss

Post subject:
I wouldn't worry about what the people who run this forum have to say, they all group together like a squad of male cheerleaders circle jerking each other. As soon as someone comes on and disagrees it's like a personal affront and they start to flame. Maybe thats why I don't care to post here, they love bashing new people even when it's just asking a question.

Now I fade back into the darkness.
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 8:17 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
primalbliss wrote:
Maybe thats why I don't care to post here.

Then why do you bother to keep visiting, Mr. Bootleg? Razz
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 9:42 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
primalbliss wrote:
I wouldn't worry about what the people who run this forum have to say, they all group together like a squad of male cheerleaders circle jerking each other. As soon as someone comes on and disagrees it's like a personal affront and they start to flame. Maybe thats why I don't care to post here, they love bashing new people even when it's just asking a question.

I haven't really seen any flaming(at least from the people your talking about), I have seen constructive criticism. Get it right....
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 10:31 am
primalbliss

Post subject:
I never said this site didn't have good information, in fact I visit frequently to keep up to date on my Anime.

As for the people though, well I said what I needed to say and I shall say no more.
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 11:07 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Jack Frost, unless you only call it Nippon, then don't complain about the english pronunciation of Naruto.

There's a reason we all band together and attack. That reason is that we aren't just anime fans. We are ANIMATION fans. Dubs are not inherently evil. They aren't. Say it with me: Dubs are not evil. Dubs are not evil. Once more, DUBS ARE NOT EVIL.

The thing is, YOU people. you "Subtitles are superior" and you "Japan is better in every way than America" and you "American animation is CRAP" people, yeah, YOU guys, YOU are the reason that I can't say the words "I like watching anime" to my friends without them looking at me funny and thinking "I didn't know you were a freak . . . "

So why am I pissy? I'm pissy because no matter what, it's not good enough for you.

Jack Frost, you don't like the dub. And the reason is not that the dub is bad, it's that you are so used to the Japanese voices. I saw FMA in Japanese before I saw more than one episode in english. When I watch the english now, the Homunculous seem off. But they aren't. They are DIFFERENT, but the voices still FIT. The Dub of FMA is great. In fact, you even SAID that the FMA dub is great. But the voices are a lot DIFFERENT than the Japanese. That doesn't make it a bad dub, though.

And besides, my roomate is hispanic. I may know his name, but I also know that I'm not pronoucning it quite the way that his family does. That's because different letters and syllables are pronounced differently in different languages. Think what you will, but theire pronunciation of Naruto is correct.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 12:09 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I'll never understand all this subtitled/dubbed argument crap. As animation fans in general, we should be thankful that we've been given a chance to enjoy it either way. There's no reason to argue about which vocal track is superior. Dubs (at least not all of them) don't deserve the bad reputation they've been given, either. They've come a long way since the early 90's (compare the dubs of Bubblegum Crisis and Dominion Tank Police to the likes of Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop to see what I mean), and they're continuing to improve. As for anime on Toonami, be content with it. It's your choice to watch it, buy the dual track (in some cases) DVDs, or go back to the manga and illegal fansubs.
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 12:31 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Jackfrost, you have been defeated, I have to agree with the non-narutards on this one. I dont think fansubs are illegal. The pronounciation is not wrong, they just need to practice. Some things that were cut out should be left in. I have a question, why is there editing in the US? Are we inferior? When I make my cartoon that I said I was going to make I want to be able to know that there are no restrictions.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 2:28 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
I have a question, why is there editing in the US? Are we inferior?

No, we are not inferior, we just have different cultural standards and ideas of what can be broadcast to certain audiences on TV.

Quote:
When I make my cartoon that I said I was going to make I want to be able to know that there are no restrictions.

That's why God allowed DVD's to be invented, bubba. Wink
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 3:09 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject: JKyle.com
primalbliss wrote:
As for the people though, well I said what I needed to say and I shall say no more.
So in other words you've been waiting for a while to snipe in with a homophobic accusation because you're too stupid to realize that Chinese subtitles is a dead giveaway that things aren't on the up and up.

I'm a hundred something episodes into Naruto and I really like the Japanese voices. But I haven't heard enough of the English dub to make a ruling, let alone a condemnation.

Hell, Funimation (who turned out to be more than servicable on DBZ, good on DB, and great on the YuYu dub) sucked balls when they first started the Namek saga.

Give em TIME at least, even if you think it's not good.

And I'm not saying it's good or great, but it certainly isn't BAD from what I've heard. The One Piece dub, Rave Master, Knights of the Zodiac... these all had their chance to improve and after over a dozen episodes they all failed me.

Unlike other anime whose dubs I didn't really adhere too but won me over in the end like Witch Hunter Robin (First Impression: Why Do You All Sound So BORED?), Big O (FI: See WHR), Nadesico (FI: I get it. You're WACKY. Tone it down), and Shura No Toki (FI: Was this recorded in a bathroom?).

But that's the difference between me and those who've voiced their opinions ignorantly enough for me to be able to strike at them without any fear of reprocussions.

I gave those anime dubs, which I didn't like at first hearing them, a CHANCE.
Vegito1471 wrote:
We have two differences from other countries that cause this:
1) A history based on being founded by Puritans (AKA the guys so stuffy and dour fucking 18th Century ENGLAND kicked them out)
2) TV Networks that live in fear of our sexually unsatisfied housewives and their uncanny ability to organize and boycott

And I'm not even touching on our blurry "Seperation Of Church and State" .
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 3:22 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
So why am I pissy? I'm pissy because no matter what, it's not good enough for you.
Ditto. While it's never gotten this bad on this board, I've seen other boards that hold the Japanese language high on a pedestal because it can do no wrong. Even typing a character's nane in the non-Japanese way will incite flames of no mercy.

For example:
DBZ - it's not Goku it's Son Gokuu!
DBZ - it's not Piccolo it's Piccorro!
Gundam Seed - it's not Cagalli it's Cagarri!
InuYasha - it's not Kilala it's Kirara!
One Piece - it's not Zolo it's Zoro!
Here's my favorite: One Piece - OMG!! Luffy called Nami his friend. He should have called her his nakama because the fansubbers were too lazy to translate the word, so it must be right!

Making a big deal out of the pronunciation of names is a waste of time and only overly obsessive people with nothing better to do spend their time nitpicking over every little thing.

Vegito1471 wrote:
I don't know about inferior. How about paranoid? As JKyle said, balme the Puritans. 90% of the world's problems are because of religion.

The common (mis)conception in the US is that animated works are for kids, and kids should not be exposed to animation with blood spurting, nudity, guns, etc. in it. In Japan these views are more lax; there are a wide range of animated shows for all age groups. There are shows for kids, teens, adults, and everything in between.

What's strange is how animation in the US did a 180. If you look at old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry cartoons, you will see smoking and guns, but still no blood. Now in US cartoons smoking and guns are gone. Because parents are afraid little Billy will see someone with a gun in a cartoon and think it's OK to use one. That's why we see hammer guns in One Piece and disco guns in Gundam Seed. If it's a laser gun, then little Billy won't be able to get his hands on one and everything will be fine. Rolling Eyes

Another reason is the legal systems in Japan and the US are different. In Japan, people *gasp* actually take responsibility for their actions, while in the US it's always someone else's fault.
"It's not my fault I'm a bad parent and didn't keep my gun locked up where little Billy couldn't get to it. It's the TV's fault for showing a cartoon with a gun in it. It's not my fault I'm a bad parent and didn't teach little Billy that guns hurt people. It's the TV's fault. I'll sue the network and get lots of money."
Everyone in this country is so afraid of getting sued that they take no chances when it comes to animation on TV and edit every little thing so they won't have any liability.
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 3:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Laughingman

Post subject:
Well seems like I a missed quite a heated debate, anyway I was wondering how well Naruto's ratings were, did it manage to attract a lot of viewers?
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 5:07 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
It made the Front Page News... Wink
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 5:45 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
I would like to point out that the dub actually read Sakura's name correctly. Instead of saying Sa-KUR-ra, they said SAK-ura. That made the dub perfect in my book.
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 6:23 pm
jackfrost

Post subject:
Quote:
Quote:
primalbliss wrote:

Quote:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
I haven't really seen any flaming(at least from the people your talking about), I have seen constructive criticism. Get it right....

Primalbliss DID get it right... you simply don't want to see it.

Let's review:
"If you are aiming for ignorant perfectionalism, the you should've lived in Germany from 1938-1945. So cry more n00b. You have been warned...."

"Dumbass, you didn't even hear Kakashi speak in an episode, only interstitials."

"So not only did you piss yourself with your supposed argument you did it lying face down with your mouth open."

"You're just a lazy Narutard boy aren't you?
That's a DUMB boy.
Now watch the frisbee as I throw it!"

"PissDrinker."

"Oh and Jack Frost, that carrot and those pieces of cole are supposed to be your nose and eyes. You should have someone pull them out of your ass before you make another post."

Is THAT the "constructive criticism" you were referring to? Strange how criticizing dubbing is banned, but flames like those above not only AREN'T, but are defended as "constructive criticism." Pretty sad when masturbatory group-think makes people that hostile towards anyone who doesn't share their opinions and agree with them. Obviously, this is the perfect audience to enjoy Viz's Naruto dub. Rolling Eyes
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 6:46 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 4 of 26

Jump to: