нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
wow...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Jan 22, 2005 10:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cool
PostSat Jan 22, 2005 11:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
No one wants to direct Toy Story 3.

That's the word in Hollywood's animation world, where the third installment of the incredibly successful Pixar series has no director, writer or, possibly, stars.

My sources in the animation biz tell me that Disney, which will make Toy Story 3 without Pixar, cannot find a director to guide the project.

John Lasseter, who directed the first two movies, will stay with Pixar after he finishes its last Disney-distributed movie, Cars, set for release in 2006.

It's also undetermined whether stars Tom Hanks and Tim Allen will reprise their roles in the new film. The odds are that Hanks won't, but that Allen — who's made some successful family films at Disney — will.

Hanks, it's noted, is very close to former Disney chief Jeffrey Katzenberg, who now runs DreamWorks. Hanks has already made two films for DreamWorks, thanks to his friendship with another of the company's three principal partners, Steven Spielberg.

Pixar just received four Oscar nominations for its current Disney-distributed film, The Incredibles. Cars will mark the last collaboration between the two studios, since Disney's Michael Eisner has essentially told Pixar to take a hike.

Disney has the right to make sequels to all the Pixar movies it distributed, including Toy Story, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, etc. But there's a hitch — since Pixar developed all the animation materials to create the movies, it also gets to keep them.

In other words: Disney is now trying to hire another team of animators to recreate Buzz Lightyear, Woody and all the other Toy Story characters so that they look the same. It will have to start from scratch to reproduce Pixar's creative work.

The next step, of course, is to find a writer and director for the project. With Lasseter gone, my source says, "Every single animator of note has turned down the director's job. They don't want to cross Pixar. They've become the only deal in town."

One source told me that a possible offer had been floated to an assistant director who worked on Disney's straight-to-video traditional cartoon, The Lion King 1½.

But even that film was a bastardization, since most of the creative people who worked on the original 1994 The Lion King were long gone from Disney.

Both the original Lion King director, Roger Allers, and writer, Irene Mecchi, are said to be now working on Pixar projects. Allers' last big project for Disney animation was Kingdom of the Sun, the movie that became The Emperor's New Groove after he was unceremoniously replaced.

The entire debacle was recorded in a wonderful but unreleased documentary called Sweatbox, made by Trudie Styler while her husband, rock singer Sting, was writing songs for the film which were ultimately cut from the final release.

Meantime, Disney announced last week that the script for Toy Story 3 would be based on a proposal submitted to them by a young student in their feature animation story development program.
PostFri Jan 28, 2005 7:27 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just stolen from Anime News Network:

Time Warner to Produce Anime

posted on 2005-01-31 01:04:35
source: Nikkei Net (Japanese)

Joint Project with Itochu to see Anime Broadcast Simultaneously on Cartoon Network in Japan and America

Time Warner and Itochu Corp (C. Itoh & Co.) have announced that they will jointly produce new anime to be broadcast simultaneously on Cartoon Network in Japan and North America.

By April 2006, the joint venture is expected to be producing weekly episodes for three shows, at a budget of 20 million yen ($US 190,000) per episode, 20 to 50 percent higher than the current average budget for anime TV series. The added budget will be spent on higher-than-average quality animation using more animators and other staff than is typically used in anime.

By June 2005, the joint venture is expected to be set up with a fund of 3 billion yen (US$29 million) and will seek funding from other partners including broadcasters, animation studios, and toy manufacturers.

In addition to producing the anime, the companies expect to profit from the development and marketing of related merchandise. Guaranteed spots on the American and Japanese Cartoon Networks, combined with the worldwide popularity of anime, is expected to insure better than average returns on investment, enticing investors.

The anime series will also be marketed to international broadcasters in Europe and Asia.
PostMon Jan 31, 2005 1:20 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought CN was already doing that. (Transformers: Armada/Energon, Big O II, Zoids: Fuzors, etc.)
PostMon Jan 31, 2005 10:53 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
I thought CN was already doing that. (Transformers: Armada/Energon, Big O II, Zoids: Fuzors, etc.)

Cartoon Network/Time Warner didn't fund 1 or 3; that's Hasbro's doing, CN was just the TV channel.

Big O II- a failed experiment, destined for destruction (sorry, Fodder)... plus it had no mass-market merchandising appeal, which is what this venture appears to be aiming for.
PostMon Jan 31, 2005 11:01 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
(cries on Nobu's shoulders)

I think i'll go necro bump the big o thread actually. Since i was rewatching the first series again i found somethings i didnt know i missed. But yes season 2 was a failed experiment. No apology needed that they killed Big O with it.
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 2:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
I wonder what Warner Brothers will put out when they start releasing their shows.

*prays for a Batman anime*

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 1:01 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
A group of visually and physically challenged children in Bhopal have performed a great task. Encouraged by a voluntary organisation, these children, on their own, have made an animation film.

The students showed indomitable spirit and worked with the normal sighted students at a recently held three-day long animation workshop to learn the art of filmmaking.

The young filmmakers have done everything from scratch like conceiving the story idea and later compiling it together into a short duration animation film.

Physically handicapped Feroz directed the movie under the assistance of two animation filmmakers from Belgium. Others, who were also blind, did their part by lending voice to the imaginary clay characters.

Kamal Brahmori, a blind teammate, though unable to see his work, said they would love to do more such creative work in the near future.

"First we made clay models and then the models were moved in front of the camera. I had never thought I would be able to do such a thing. I have done it for the first time," said Brahmori.

Volunteers lauded the children's work.

"We have worked with blind children, with disabled children before, but here, everybody who is making a film for the first time, is disabled. You know that you are blind, you are from slums, and you are not a normal child. If it is the first time you make a film, you have to learn it. Everybody starts with the same thing and then you know some people have more capacity than the other. It happens in every group. Even when you work with blind children, they are who understand it quicker, others are not. And blind people can be more creative with sounds some times. Other people can do something better. Every child is creative in one sense, less creative in another sense," said Laurent.
PostSat Feb 12, 2005 7:36 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Taken from Toon Zone:

Quote:
Six descendents of the original Looney Tunes crew will gain superpowers in Loonatics, a new franchise property coming to Kids' WB! this fall, the network announced today. The series is one of three new and four returning series that Kids' WB! announced for its 2005-06 season.

Set in the year 2772, Loonatics will be an "over-the-top, high-octane action-comedy" featuring revised versions of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, the Road Runner, Lola Bunny, Tasmanian Devil, and Wile E. Coyote. Using special abilities and an irreverent sense of humor, the six will battle the evils of Acmetropolis. The series will air on Saturdays at 9:00am (ET/PT).

This morning's print edition of The Wall Street Journal quotes Warner Bros. Animation president Sander Schwartz as saying that reaction in test groups to the series has been "phenomenal."

Last edited by Daikun on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Feb 17, 2005 11:01 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Who the fuck rehired Kellner?!?

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 6:13 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
"Loonatics" has been catching a lot of flak down at the GameFAQs, board since Wednesday.

And to honest, I agree with them. You do not take some of the greastest icons of American animation and slaughter their good names and forms like that.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."

Last edited by MegamanTrigger on Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Feb 19, 2005 2:24 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I'm skeptical about the whole Loonatics. Are they trying to help drive a nail in Looney Tunes? This will probably not rejuvenate a 'dying series'. Besides, if it is a 'dying series', then why don't they just make more of the classic shorts we grew up with (I was there when Nick were showing it while CN was doing the same)? Or what about just bring the old shorts back into mainstream for 30 minutes every day? If they want more, they'll order Boomerbang, right?

But another series, Duck Dodgers, doesn't really butcher the Looney Tunes. It's a continuation of the original. This Loonatics will get cancelled before the first season's over. Guaranteed. I'll watch, just to see how bad they screwed it up. Let's just hope they don't do the same with Mickey and friends (who, by the way, was rejuvenated years back in the form of House of Mouse, where they played NEW shorts).
PostSat Feb 19, 2005 5:45 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
New York City-based Noodlesoup Productions, Inc. is expanding to form a new original content creation division - Noodlesoup Entertainment - that will solely focus on the development and production of high-quality original animated feature films and television programming.

Noodlesoup is best known for its breakout Cartoon Network hit series, The Venture Bros., as well as for the work of its commercial division's campaigns for MSN and Earthlink. Noodlesoup Ent. is already beginning development on several new programs with major U.S. distributors.

Jeffrey Nodelman, the award-winning animation director and founder of Noodlesoup, has been named chief creative officer of Noodlesoup Entertainment while Nathan Graf, who had served as the COO of Noodlesoup, becomes CEO, overseeing all business operations of the company including its "for hire" production projects.

"This is a very positive move for the studio as it expands beyond the production services business," said David L. Simon, a member of Noodlesoup's board of directors. "With Jeff's unique talent and storytelling abilities, we will now be able to actively peruse the means to create and retain equity in our original projects."

"The extraordinarily talented group of people we have here have done their jobs so well, allowing us to expand our operations and grow the studio on both a creative and an economic basis," said Nodelman. "This move will let me spend more time on the projects we have in development, while allowing me to begin pursuing opportunities for additional co-productions and new properties."

Added Graf, "Jeff and I look forward to complementing each other in new and different ways, moving forward that will help to benefit the company as it enters a new phase in it evolution. Strategically, this works well for both of us. By my taking the reins of the day-to-day needs of the service sector business, Jeffrey can now concentrate on what he does best and not be saddled with responsibilities that detract from his creative endeavors."
PostThu Feb 24, 2005 10:43 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
GENEON ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES NORTH AMERICAN MERCHANDISING, TELEVISION AND HOME ENTERTAINMENT RIGHTS TO SUPER-POWERED PROPERTY VIEWTIFUL JOE

Deal Brings TV Tokyo Animated Series To North America

LONG BEACH, Calif. – Geneon Entertainment, a leader in introducing anime to the United States, announced today that it has acquired the North American merchandising, television and home entertainment rights to TV TOKYO Medianet, Inc’s Viewtiful Joe. With a staunch following, Viewtiful Joe has become a global sensation since its debut on the Nintendo GameCube, which ultimately spawned a successful television series and licensing program in Japan. Geneon Entertainment will expand the property into North America through licensed toys, action figures, clothing, publishing, food and beverages, electronics and more. In addition, the company is currently in talks with major children’s television networks and programming blocks to secure broadcast distribution and will also release the Viewtiful Joe series on DVD.

“Viewtiful Joe has already proven itself to have wide-ranging appeal and our expertise in introducing properties into this market will help ensure the program’s success,� said said Yosuke Kobayashi, president/CEO, Geneon Entertainment. “The series’ clever story line and compelling characters lend themselves naturally to licensed merchandise and we believe that the North American audience will embrace it.�

Based on the PlayStation 2 and GameCube console games, developed by Capcom Co. Ltd., a worldwide leader in the development and publishing of video games, Viewtiful Joe is a combination of Japanimation and American comic-style character design that is ripe with action and loaded with comedy. Joe is just a normal guy with two great loves: his girlfriend Silvia and Captain Blue, an action movie superhero. When Silvia is magically captured through a movie screen by a celluloid monster, Joe gets himself swallowed into the screen to save her. There, Joe meets Captain Blue just as the superhero is about to retire, exhausted from his lifelong battle against villains known as Jadows. With special superpowers bestowed upon him by Captain Blue himself, Joe transforms into Viewtiful Joe to vanquish the enemies in Movie Land.

Named Game Of The Year by USA Today*, Viewtiful Joe is among many gamers’ favorite franchises worldwide, garnering several accolades including the G-Phoria awards, SpikeTV Video Game Awards and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Games Awards. As a producer and distributor of entertainment content, Geneon Entertainment has a slate of licensing programs, including the popular hip-hop style property Samurai Champloo and the highly anticipated Tesujin 28, due out in theaters later this year.

About TV TOKYO Medianet, Inc.

Based in Tokyo, Japan, TV TOKYO Medianet, Inc. is the licensing arm of TV TOKYO Corporation which is best known for hit series such as “Yu-Gi-Go!�, “Pokemon� and “Beyblade.� All rights to the “Viewtiful Joe� series outside North America are handled by TV TOKYO Medianet.
PostTue Mar 08, 2005 12:24 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19

Jump to: