нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Moviemaker Harold Ramis is trying to bring his Ghostbusters movie franchise back to the big screen--and he wants Ben Stiller to star in a third film.

Ramis reveals Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd has written a new script, called Ghostbusters in Hell, and Ramis is keen to get the project started.

He tells InFocus magazine he wants Stiller to join Aykroyd and Rick Moranis in the sequel.

Aykroyd's script transports the bumbling ghostbusters into a parallel dimension via a portal in a New York warehouse.

Ramis explains, "What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell--a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits.

"But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter--it's the darkness between the 24 frames.

"So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell--everything's grid locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified."
PostMon Nov 14, 2005 4:54 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
News hot off the gaming press include plans for making a motion-picture based on the undeniably beloved Legend of Zelda series. In addition were the announcements of a Metroid movie and another Super Mario Bros. movie.

The article is available at Advanced Media Network.
PostSat Nov 19, 2005 6:19 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
You Can't Do That on Television, the show that gave Nickelodeon their green slime is coming to DVD, according to "confirmed-ish" (is that a word?) rumors making the rounds on various internet sites (such as YCDTOTV.com and ChristineMcGlade.com). You Can't Do That on Television started out as a live show on Canadian station CJOH in 1979. While little to none of that early material survives these days, what IS available is the 1981 (and beyond) version that Nickelodeon aired in their fledgling days as a cable channel.

Nick's "Rewind Collection" DVD sets started this past May with Clarissa Explains It All and The Adventures of Pete and Pete. While an expected second season of Clarissa never materialized, Pete & Pete were so hot that a second season is now out, and a 3rd Season "Rewind Collection" for that show is on the way.

You Can't Do That on Television will join the Rewind Collection, the rumors say, probably in the Spring 2006 timeframe.
PostSat Dec 10, 2005 10:51 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nielsen to start using DVRs in ratings
By DAVID BAUDER
AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Starting next week, the company that measures what people watch on television will also follow what they record on DVRs to watch later.

The move by Nielsen Media Research is a reflection of how the traditional notion of watching TV is changing. And if Nielsen's numbers show that new technology is also changing what people are watching, it has the potential to profoundly disrupt a multibillion-dollar business.

An estimated 7 percent of the nation's 110 million homes with televisions now have digital video recorders, and that's expected to rise to one quarter of the TV population by sometime in 2007, Nielsen said.

Until now, Nielsen has bypassed these DVR homes when it signs up the estimated 9,000 families that make up its national sample of homes. These so-called Nielsen families provide the basis for its ratings, which make a show a hit or flop.

DVR homes will be included starting Dec. 26, said Karen Gyimesi, company spokeswoman.

It has taken this long partly because the Nielsen "people meters" that record what families are watching weren't equipped to handle DVRs, she said.

The company's new "active/passive meters" can, however. And with the help of a code embedded in a program by the television networks, they can tell when something that has been recorded is actually watched. They even know when people fast-forward through commercials.

"The most significant impact that it will have is that it will show the top-rated television shows will have a higher audience with a significant amount of playback," said David Poltrack, top researcher for CBS and UPN.

Testing over the past year has revealed what seems to be common sense: popular shows like "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "Desperate Housewives" are the most likely to be taped and watched later, Nielsen said.

But since people with DVRs tend to watch more television than people without them, the data also may help smaller, cult favorites. Tests revealed that the WB's "Smallville," for example, was watched at double the rate in DVR homes than in homes without the device.

Nielsen each week has given its clients - mostly TV networks, advertisers and ad agencies - a list of how many people watch each program live each week. Now, Nielsen will offer three lists: the number of people who watch a show live; the number who watch it live or within 24 hours; and the number of people who watch it live or within a week. An estimated 90 percent of people who record programs play them back within a week, Nielsen said.

The immediate effect will likely be minor, since only about 100 DVR homes will be included in the first week's survey. But Nielsen plans to gradually add families and by summer it expects to have DVR homes in its survey that mirror the percentage of such homes in the nation as a whole, Gyimesi said.

It's not clear what Nielsen is going to do with its most explosive information - how many people zip through the ads.

Surveys have found nine of 10 people claim to do that, but TV networks believe this is exaggerated. If they're wrong, it could cost them: advertisers may look for lower prices if they have solid evidence of how many commercials are skipped.

An indication of how worried industry leaders are came last month when all of the broadcast network research executives took the unusual step of appearing together at a news conference. They claimed Nielsen's new numbers will show more television viewing, and that even if people zip through a commercial most of the time the message gets through.

"There is nothing in that mix that will devalue the value of network television," Poltrack said. "In fact, I think it will be exactly the opposite."

Meanwhile, technology marches on. Poltrack had to cut short an interview to meet with Nielsen about plans to measure how many people watch programming through video on demand.

That's not taken into account now by Nielsen. But Gyimesi said the technology to measure this is similar to that for DVRs, and Nielsen expects to begin including VOD numbers by the middle of next year.
PostSun Dec 18, 2005 8:36 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Now hopefully the quality shows that get little respect from their networks will get higher ratings. This could save us from a lot of cancellations in the near future from shows that don't deserve them.
PostSun Dec 18, 2005 9:40 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Agreed. It will be interesting to see a more realistic comercial skip rate. What will really be interesting is to see how this affects scheduling. Shows that recieve an extra-high DVR rating as compared to their live-viewing counterparts may be moved to rediculious times of the day. As long as they don't move them too often, those of us stuck with the old analog VCRs and/or with out digital TV guide, won't be left in the cold.
PostWed Dec 21, 2005 2:03 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Jon Stewart has been set to host the 78th Academy Awards telecast, producer Gil Cates announced today. This will be Stewart's first stint as Oscar host.

"My wife and I watch him every night," Cates said. "Jon is the epitome of a perfect host — smart, engaging, irreverent and funny."

Academy President Sid Ganis echoed Cates' enthusiasm. "I'm very excited," he said. "Stewart is a superb choice — witty, current, intelligent and charming. What a terrific addition to our roster of great hosts!"

The host of Comedy Central's multiple Emmy- and Peabody- winning The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Stewart has transformed The Daily Show into one of America's most influential and popular television shows. Stewart and the writers of The Daily Show also authored America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction at the end of 2004. The book, which was recently awarded the Thurber Prize for American Humor, was a staple on The New York Times best sellers list for 46 consecutive weeks, including 15 consecutive weeks in the #1 position.
PostFri Jan 06, 2006 3:13 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Travis Liberty, a self-described film historian and documentary filmmaker, told SCI FI Wire that he "discovered" the lost 1945 SF serial Monarch of the Moon, a supposed government-commissioned World War II-era propaganda film, and has restored it for theatrical release as a new film. Dark Horse Indie plans to unveil the long-lost curiousity Feb. 24 at the New York Comic-Con. "No one's seen this thing since April 1945, except for the trailer," Liberty said in an interview at WonderCon in San Francisco.

That's if we can believe what Liberty and Dark Horse Indie, which is releasing the film, claim to be the bizarre facts surrounding the allegedly long-lost serial. There's no way to know if Liberty and Dark Horse are telling the truth, or if the story of Monarch of the Moon is an elaborate hoax designed to sell the film.

In any case, here's the story Dark Horse and Liberty tell: Liberty said that he found the six-part serial film in the archives of Mosfilm, the official Russian film studio. Discovery of the serial revealed a dark period in the history of American filmmaking.

The movie was commissioned by the Department of War as a recruiting film and anti-German, anti-Japanese propaganda vehicle in the form of a Flash Gordon-like SF adventure serial. The movie was directed by war photographer Lt. Alaster Galloway with an unheard-of budget of $2 million. But the 10-month production was marred by the reported deaths of 72 extras.

Meanwhile, British intelligence, working in Innsbruck, Austria, uncovered evidence of a small unit of German officers receiving various designs for high-voltage electronic weapons. The discovery led to an investigation that revealed that Galloway had unwittingly hired German agents as last-minute replacements for a prop master, who used the high prop budget and studio facilities to design and test small arms and various rocket propulsion systems for the German government.

The FBI arrested Galloway, and the War Department destroyed all records of the film and went so far as to erase the tax records of the privately held production company, American Liberty Pictures. The executive producers were given life sentences, served less than 10 years and later moved to Switzerland.

Galloway was not so lucky: In a confidential court-martial on Jan. 5, Galloway was accused of treason and sentenced to death by firing squad.

Now Liberty has restored the film. "We've been working on digital restoration now for 16 months solid," he said. "And it's been a real labor of love. There's a lot of visual effects missing in it, and at the beginning and the end of each reel, there's a lot of reel tears, so we had to do a lot of guesswork about what was coming in before and after. We actually got a bunch of guys down in Hollywood to sort of do a [George] Lucas, and we sort of supplemented some scenes that we thought were missing."

But is it any good? "If you like Flash Gordon, it's terrific," he said. "If you like Buck Rogers, it's terrific. It's an original piece. What sets it aside from those, it's a very political piece. It's very pro-American. It's very anti-Japanese. It's very anti-German, and it's all-American superhero, so if you like those, you're going to love it. If you don't, it's not going to be your cup of tea."
PostWed Feb 15, 2006 8:15 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun's story wrote:
There's no way to know if Liberty and Dark Horse are telling the truth, or if the story of Monarch of the Moon is an elaborate hoax designed to sell the film.

I'm first to call "Bullshit". Razz
PostWed Feb 15, 2006 8:28 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Speaking of Bullshit, care to dig up some info on Season 4 of Penn & Teller: Bullshit! for me Nobu? Very Happy
PostThu Feb 16, 2006 3:48 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Season premiere Monday, April 3rd at 10 PM E/P.
PostThu Feb 16, 2006 9:09 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eurogamer has a lengthy article up about Uwe Boll, known to gamers worldwide as the biggest champion for movies based on videogames. Unfortunately, most gamers think Boll's movies fail to live up to their full potential. In the Eurogamer article, Boll has some choice words for them: "The dangerous thing right now is that a lot of people bash me without thinking about the movies. It's fashionable to hit on Uwe Boll, and this is what I don't get. And I don't get why this comes so harshly from the games press."

It's a great interview, with Boll's trademark abrasive openness going full bore. But Boll hinted that he may be getting out of the videogame-film genre: "I won't say that I won't acquire another videogame licence in the future. But I'm not so eager to do it any more, to be honest. After Far Cry, maybe I'll go away from videogame-based movies. And everybody can be really happy about it."
PostThu Feb 16, 2006 9:35 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
So are we thinking he's more Roger Corman or Ed Wood? I think more Corman myself since the movies are at least watchable.

Now Far Cry might not be a bad movie. The game had a sense of humor. It didnt pretend to really have a plot. It might make an ok action flick.
PostFri Feb 17, 2006 9:23 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I'm first to call "Bullshit". Razz

It turns out you're right.

Ah, well. Sad
PostThu Feb 23, 2006 8:49 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was rather obvious.
PostFri Feb 24, 2006 4:25 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: