нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Team Tournament Battle
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Team Tournament Battle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: What kind of new hope is this?!
Gah! My computer froze up opening a bunch of MP3s. Now I have to start all over!
Note to Slim: Shiek is actually male when in that form. At least, that tends to be the expert concensus on the subject. The gender issue comes up in this post, so I figured I should clarify that that's the belief I subscribe to.
"Gotta think, gotta think!" John Bono told himself, diving behind a shelf, just in time for the PK toss to go off, sending scraps of paper and box in any which direction.
"Hey--keep it down, over there!" Bruce called.
"Okay, if that dance dance summoned the B.F.M.... then it should've summoned the rest of the cards on me. I just have to figure out how to activate them."
John Bono thumbed through his two remaining Unglued packs, finding the perfect test subject.

He jumped behind the counter, conjuring thoughts of his recent trip to Missouri. The verdant fields, the storm struck trees, the oppulent forests and heavy downpours. He recalled his ancestral lands of Idaho and Oregon. The endless stretches of mountain woodland, the lush vallies. The sound of distant streams and creeks with the ever-present smell of flowers. Pervasive, endless green.
He ducked under the counter, dodginf a charged shadow ball, then held the cash register in front of him to block a PK Thunder, which popped the device open. "Hey, Slim! Heads or tails?"
"Hey! What are you doing with my money!?" Bruce asked, rather miffed.
"Tails!" he called from his position tormenting the giant.
John threw the enitre tray in the air, letting coins fall as they may. He wasn't sure just how much mana he'd put into it, but he figured the spell could use a little help.
He recalled in intricate detail the land around his family's ranch. The meadows, the trees, and small swamp in the middle of the property. He focused on the small piece of forest on the property.

He suddenly felt a little stronger, and knew that if his sheep had been cast, they too would be stronger. Slim suddenly fell to the ground with a thud.
"What happened to him?" John asked.
"I guess," the B.F.M. scratched his head, "I threw his mental math off a little. It takes a lot of concentration to stay in the air, and the sudden change in my power and toughness to tripple digits must have thrown off his mental math, causing him to lose concentration.
"I... like pie?" Slim said, rather dazed.
Just then, John Bono noticed Ness and Mewtwo. Mewtwo was tossing shadow ball after shadow ball, as Ness absorbed them, and thus their energy. "This can't be good," he told himself, but didn't particularly want to interfere.
Shiek was just starting to move, but was nowhere near getting up. That's when the second round of rumbling came. B.F.M. would've noticed first from his high vantage point, had he not been busy crying his eyes out. the rumbling became steadily louder, and John knew his spell had worked. "Shiek!" he called.
Sheik frailly raised his head, more than he could do if John hadn't played Team Spirit.
"Catch!" John shouted, thinking of his desert home and tossing a card in Shiek's direction. As he did so, the wall behind him crashed open, but he jumped to the side quickly enough. A wall of Rabid sheep came pouring through the store. I just hope there aren't may goats in this heard. He thought.

Shiek caught it, the card vanishing as the sheep came charging towards him. Shiek, as well as Mewtwo (who had managed to put up a barrier) were swept away in the sea of wet bleating.
Ness had jumped over the heard, launching himself with a PK Thunder to clear the trampling mob.
Which left Slim. Trampled, more than half dead on the ground, he climbed to his feet, a fire burning behind his eyes. Mewtwo teleported in next to him, and Ness landed lightly on the other side.
"Uh oh," the B.F.M. sighed dismally. "I think we reached his limit break."
"Not only are you correct," Slim declared acidicly, "But you have also, with your careless antics, set off a friend of mine."
The Hulk burs from behind a shelf, engulfing John Bono with his muscle.
"Oh no you don't," John Bono chastized, slapping a card on one of The Hulk's arms. He remembered his latest trip to California. The calm, summer breeze. The smell of salt, and the rush of endless waves.

"Hah! That was merely a distraction!" Slim shouted, casting his earlier formed fire/shadow ball combination.
But not fast enough for Zelda to teleport in, casting a Naryu's love and reflecting it back.
Ness stepped in front of Slim, bringing up his absorbtion shield, sucking in the full energy of the attack.
"Right into my trap," Slim gloated, placing his hand on Ness's shoulder, taking the energy that the child willingly gave. Mewtwo floated a box of common cards towards his master, letting the man take his pick. "Just as you have enabled the casting of all the cards in your hand, you too, have enabled the casting of every card in this building." Let's help my Hulk friend, first, shall we?"

The Hulk transformed back from his clucking form, to the less delicate version of himself.
"Now, for the sheep," Slim considered the offending green menace.

The sheep blinked out of existence, being token creatures changing zones.
"Take this, Shiek!" John Bono tossed a card, and threw a six sided die that had fallen on the floor.

"Denied," called Slim.

"And now for you."
________

Geez, that post took two hours, not counting the computer freeze up. Then again, a lot of that was looking up unglued cards.
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 4:16 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:

Slim: This isn't working...I need something to end this right now!Ness! Mewtwo! Pk Thunder and Shadow ball over here now!

*They comply*

Slim: *Creates a chaos fire to suck them in* And now my creation is complete! Time for you to die Bo-*The creation exploded in front of him* AGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!*lies unconcious on the floor*

Mewtwo: MASTER!*Is tackled by something* Ughhh!!!!!What's going on! My...energy...*Falls to the floor*

John looked around astounded at how the tables had turned, when he noticed what was causing the loss of power...a metroid...

John: What the hell?

As John looked at his cards in hopes of finding something usefull, a bayonete came upwards, slicing to bits the cards. He was knocked back as The Hulk smashed into the space pirate. John realized that both of these were from the metroid series, but he couldn't figure out how something from Zebes got here. He looked around and something caught his eye. A plot-hole...

John: But how? Seal it up zelda!

But it was too late. She had already become prey of a sheegoth. Strugling to keep the attacker at bay, she used Din's fire on the beast. Ness had his hands full with pulse bombu. he took it out with a PK thunder. The BFM was nothing more than a tower in his state. John waited for the next thing to come out of the plot-hole...
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 9:33 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: Not a fight post.
I just knew plot holes were gonna show up somewhere in this fight. And Slim. SHAME SHAME. I gave you an entire shelf of any card you wanted. Just go to wizards.com and look up any card that ever existed. You had literally THOUSANDS of options to choose from, but you picked a plot hole? I pioneered plot holes, was the second or third person to use them, and was the first to use them as a quick location change. But, if you must, to another locale we go...
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 11:37 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
meh. I have metroid on the brain. too much metroid prime Wink but I have a plan I'm changing the post, so that post is null and void. I'll edit it by 6:00 tommorow...er today.
PostThu Jul 10, 2003 12:09 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, good thing I didn't write my post then. I was already brainstorming ideas for post number 5: Special Cameo Appearances By...
PostThu Jul 10, 2003 6:07 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Good god. I can't think of anything right now. Sorry bono but the post stays as is...darn writers block!
PostThu Jul 10, 2003 8:14 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's okay--I'll work with it. Expect something tomorrow sometime, then. I spent all of today at Ixidor's and am quite tired.
PostThu Jul 10, 2003 11:41 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: Special Cameo Appearances By... / But will they buy it?
#5: A Fallen Comrade

As always, it was a cold, icy morning in the Phendrana Drifts. Snow crystals crumpled under her foot, and a small cloud of powder rose from behind her every step. Just another day on the hunt--or so was the case, until something to break the tedium fell out of the dim nothing sky.

But nothing more came out of the plot hole. In fact, the winds started to blow the other way.
"Oh, that's just great, Zelda!" He shouted over the howling wind. "You're Din's fire burned down half the store and all the Magic cards except the dispay rares and foils! Now what am I going to do?"
"Better than Slim using them with an almost limitless mana pool."
"True, but you further enraged the green guy."
The Hulk let out a curse as he fell into the black void. Mewtwo and Ness, distracted as well, fell into the void. Slim clawed at the carpet, but was too close to hold him away from the air being sucked into the void.
"Well," Zelda touted, "looks like we won."
"Won?" questioned Bono, "We haven't beaten them, they're just in another location." He smashed open the rares display case with the half of Shiek's chain that had broken off. Cards swirled into the vortex, leaving only the three teammates left to go.
John dived in first, followed by the B.F.M. The Furry monster, however, was stuck. "I can't get through!" he shouted.
"Maybe you shouldn't have tried to step right through and ducked a little," Zelda mused.
"It's squeezing me!" He screamed.
"Should've though of that before-" her words were cut tragically short. The plot hole closed. Zelda and half the B.F.M. on one side, John and the other half on the other side.

John turned around to see the portal closing. "No!" he shouted in protest. But the fates weren't feeling very charitable at the time. The hulking mass seemed to vanish, leaving only a card, falling like a leaf to the ground. It settled gently into his hands, then vanished into nothing. "No." He shed a tear, looking to his feet. One pinned two cards to the ground. The other he stomped into the ground, noting where he stood. He would come back. And undoubtedly shed more tears. He would have plenty of time to mourn later. The words of his thoughts forming on his lips.
"The show most go on," he thought he heard Mewtwo say, as the cat creature charged up a shadow ball, hurling it towards him. The quartet of John's opponents must've dealt with whatever had been harassing them.
John Bono swiftly rolled forward, grabbing one of the cards at his feet, casting it towards the shadow ball, the other card vanishing from existance.

The ball bounced off the card, sailing into Ness, who was caught by surprise and knocked into a small pond of near-frozen water.
"What in the name of the Chozo is going on here!?" A Metal figure stepped briskly into view.
"None of your concern," called Slim. "Just a friendly fight for prestige."
"And who is this," she said as attractively as possible, wrapping herself around the arm of The Hulk.
"Me Hulk strong."
"I bet you are. I know of a little ice cavern around here that no one goes to. Do you wanna come along."
The hulk scratched his head, looking for input from Slim.
"Go for it you fool. I wouldn't let you miss out on this for a fight."
The two ran off, Samus leading the green giant by the hand at a brisk pace.
"Mewtwo, attack!"
John Bono dived face-first into a mound of snow he saw a card resting upon. He reached it just in time to recieve the first blow from Mewtwo.

He thought of green. Of the hidden jungle that lay beneath this ice, and the encompassing foliage of dense vegetation.
He blocked Mewtwo's first attack with his bare hand, bright purple flashing against pale flesh. he countered with a punch, almost breaking through the barrier. Mewtwo swept low with its tail, John Bono jumping with his own swinging kick, which Mewtwo ducked below. he then willed a barrage of psychic attacks from his had, doing minimal damage to John Bono. John faked a punch, grabbing the feline and slamming it against the ground. The cat got up, swirling with anger, as John Bono took advantage of the lack of focus by driving his elbow into the creature's barrier. The protection broke, Mewtwo dizzy with overexertion of concentration. John Bono pulled back for a final punch, connecting with Mewtwo and sending it into the distance.
New stood only Slimjim and John Bono. A vitilizing wind blew in John's direction, and he lunged at Slim. A cracking elbow sent Slim to the ground, with a swift kick to the side of the face, while Slim recovered.
"Good job," Slim jeered, as he spit a bit of blood from his mouth, "but now it's my turn." He mentally held John in place to connect a roundhouse to the side of John's head. John lunged forward with a right hook, but an invisible push to his follow through and a back peddle sent him off balance, and into Slim's headlock.
John saw steam rising in a nearby pool, as Ness jumped out, now surrounded by evaporating water and swirls of fire. "PK Thunder!"
John tried to flip Slim over his back to in front, but his joints were almost frozen--he got the disk to the face. Mewtwo, now appeared out the coerner of his eye, a Shadow ball sailing through the air, and hitting John in the chest. His prospects for survival were not looking good.
Slim kicked him face first into the snow. "Well, it looks like I've won! Yatta! Yatta!"
John Bono lie on the ground, bruised, beaten, and completely out of ideas, ready to resign. The snow was so soft, if a little cold. He could lay there forever, if not for the smooth cardboard feel beneath his left cheek. Cardboard, he realized. His eyes drifted towards the card that lay face up before his eyes, and gave a hearty laugh.
"What's so funny?" thought Mewtwo, as John Bono rose to his knees, his laughter now uncontrollable. He held the card before his face, text showing outward, he dropped it to the ground...

And let it resolve.

B.F.M. Has been removed from Team Pi's roster. Stay tuned for his replacements
PostFri Jul 11, 2003 3:48 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:

Slim: (0-_-) cheese eh? *Tries to fight but gets blown back*

Cheese: And now to finish this...

suddenly Mewtwo flew from the sidelines right into the cheese. HE tried to fight it, but soon saw it was futile. If he didn't think of something, Bono had won. Slim watced on in horror. Mewtwo, with his last breath, combined his entire being into a shadow ball of immense power. He hurled the ball of hope at the cheese. The cheese tried to block it, but it sliped through his grasp. The shadow ball made a direct hit. Energy soared everywhere along with yellow cheese. Mewtwo was too close to the blast at the time and was instantly incenerated.

Slim: Noo.......NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The temporary snowstorm had cleared, and all that was left of the cheese was a pile of ash. Mewtwo was nowhere to be seen. Slim looked around for Bono, and found him unconcious next to a mountain of snow.

Slim: This is my chance to win right here...but no... that wouldn't be fair to him.

just then John came to. He saw Slim staring down at him with a look of hatred.

Slim: Finally. *Throws Bono a weapon*

John: What's this?

Slim: My old sword, Widowmaker. I think it will suit you. We shall face each other in the quarintine cave*.

As they traveled to the quarintine cave, they fought many creatures. When they reached the cave, they fond it was indeed the perfect place for a battle.

John: Wait...won't you use your psychic abilities in battle?

Slim: not this time. It would be unsportsmanlike. *Pulls out battle scythe* Shall we begin?

John: Let's...

As Slim rushed at Bono, Bono deflected the ensuing attack. Slim promptly countered with a side swipe, which Bono also blocked. John uppercutted Slim with his new blade which caused Slim to fly through the air. Rushing up, John struck Slim 3 times in succesion: once in the shoulder, and twice in the side. The fourth blow was parried by Slim as he fiercely struck Bono's ribcage with the top of the scythe. John momentarily gasped for breath as Slim attempted another strike. Bono rolled to the side as Slim's scythe plunged into the snow. John struck Slim with such force that he flew back. Slim was quick to retalliate with a charge to Bono only to end in a deadlock with John. Suddenly CATS apeared.

CATS: All your fates are belong to the judges...

and this is my end.
PostFri Jul 11, 2003 11:10 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Bono gets my vote. Besides, he DID use a dandy card there . . .

I fight DM next. But he hasn't been around in awhile. If he doens't make a post on this board in the next 3 days, then Beat vs.G-B commences. (I think it's G-B. Somone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Jul 12, 2003 10:39 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, my other ideas were to have him cast Plague Wind, then for me to cast Reins of Power, which I use a lot of in casual play but he didn't seem to want to cast any spells, so I went with that. I was also considering Reins of Power/Goblin Bombardment, but that would've been too cheap. I didn't get to use the classic quote I wanted: Now that's what I call a swing effect.
Anyway, now that I look at goblin bombardment, and it's only a buck, I'll have to pick up four the next time I get cards...
PostSat Jul 12, 2003 12:18 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Uh, people? This is where you're supposed to vote on the winner.
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 8:04 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh, this is ridiculous. Bono, you're the winner.

DM, if you don't PM me with a list of your characters abilities within 3 days, you forfeit our match and I automatically win.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 8:38 am
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
You would like that, wouldn't you? I'll PM you soon.
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 9:51 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Oh, this is ridiculous. Bono, you're the winner.

Um... Yatta? Very Happy
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 11:59 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 17 of 23

Jump to: