нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - can anyone say abandon all hope for toonami?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
can anyone say abandon all hope for toonami?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's why I'm not paid the big bucks... Wink
PostWed Mar 21, 2007 8:44 pm
nuava

Post subject:
To be honest I'm really confused by this whole look. I like it...but I hate it.

If this was the new look for the block replacing Miguzi then I would call it brilliance, as long as the name Tom, Clyde, or Toonami was no where near it.

That's the only thing wrong with it..it's nothing like Toonami was before...and maybe that will one day be a good thing.

It's kinda like when the cool anti-hero known as Moltar was replaced with a bobble head doll with a beer gut. Well expect for the fact that I liked Tom1

But it's not about the wrapping it's whats inside and last I checked I still like a show or two, espcially this month when the air was clean of pocket monsters.
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 10:14 pm
mehman

Post subject:
I agree with the above. It is coll looking, and really neat, but it's not toonami. I think that it's really well done and spiffy, but Toonami it aint.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 2:10 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
nuava wrote:
But it's not about the wrapping it's whats inside and last I checked I still like a show or two, espcially this month when the air was clean of pocket monsters.

See that's the problem, what made Toonami special WAS the wrapping. If you recall in the early days the block was so serperate from the rest of the network that the CN schedule read as 4-6 as Toonami not Thundercats, Voltron, ect. There are plenty of other blocks of actiony cartoons out there that have a show or two that I enjoy just as much. I mean hell Tom isn't even a part of the block anymore after the first 30 seconds he just stands around all blurry in the background.
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 3:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nuava

Post subject:
Aright I've been getting a message or two from a guy who said he worked on
Toonami back in the intruder days, it's up to you to believe whether or not to trust him but I'd thought I'd share the last message where he talks about his friend who still works there:

I talked to my buddy about the feeling from fans about the new look. It came down direct from Sean who is creative director for Toonami. There was to be no narrative thread to connect the two. I was kinda shocked. I remember when they worked out the script and story boards for the old stuff in the halls. Now they have let that go. Many fans are not happy.

Still, Toonami lives. I remember when Sarah was created by my buddy after he came back from a seminar on "noodles" in Maya which is the software we use. He did a quick test and we showed it to Sean who loved it. Bam, Sarah was born. I was sad to see she was not in the new version as well.

Todd

Believe it or not, but whether it's true or not I'm still sad.
PostFri Mar 30, 2007 10:14 pm
FillX

Post subject:
Mannnn. This is so painful. You have no idea how much I'm hurting right now.
I'm barely even here on the boards and you guys taking it so lightly...
Saying "Ohhh I can live with this" and blah and blah...and it's alright.
It's not alright man........its bull
It's like taking a lion out of his kingdom....then training it to perform balancing acts so the kiddies can be happy.
They just stripped the pride of toonami.
Even though I knew toonami was not gonna be the same for a long time....since CN has evolved so rapidly in the last few years now.
I still held on to that small ray of hope that at least the people up there would have the decency to keep the toonami look and feel the same.
Now the stripped the whole legacy...the whole heritage (or whatever you want to call it) of toonami.
Man....I just want to walk outside....man...
Come ON MAN!!! LOOK AT IT!!!!
LOOK AT IT!!!!
WHAT IS THIS?!?!? The freaking voice doesn't even match TOM now.
Man they could of at least replaced TOM with that GM robot...I wouldn't even mind that...
but this man?!?!?!
PostSat Mar 31, 2007 6:15 pm
mehman

Post subject:
FillX wrote:
Mannnn. This is so painful. You have no idea how much I'm hurting right now.
I'm barely even here on the boards and you guys taking it so lightly...
Saying "Ohhh I can live with this" and blah and blah...and it's alright.
It's not alright man........its bull
It's like taking a lion out of his kingdom....then training it to perform balancing acts so the kiddies can be happy.
They just stripped the pride of toonami.
Even though I knew toonami was not gonna be the same for a long time....since CN has evolved so rapidly in the last few years now.
I still held on to that small ray of hope that at least the people up there would have the decency to keep the toonami look and feel the same.
Now the stripped the whole legacy...the whole heritage (or whatever you want to call it) of toonami.
Man....I just want to walk outside....man...
Come ON MAN!!! LOOK AT IT!!!!
LOOK AT IT!!!!
WHAT IS THIS?!?!? The freaking voice doesn't even match TOM now.
Man they could of at least replaced TOM with that GM robot...I wouldn't even mind that...
but this man?!?!?!

We've just gotten used to it. It's not like we can do anything to change it. Petition? Wouldn't work. Boycot? Also wouldn't work.

Plus, you only see tom like once in toonami now. so we cant really complain about him looking freakish. We see flash and the green guy fot the majority of the block.
PostSat Mar 31, 2007 10:22 pm
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
That's true. We don't see Tom the whole night. It is nice to see the new bots but amidst seeing them one wonders what happened to Sara. Tom should at least give a speech or somethin about his new look. This mystery place is drivin me crazy! We don't know where it is or how everything fell into place. Like Cody said they should use Jetstream to tell us the missing story but that's just wishful thinking...
PostMon Apr 02, 2007 1:40 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
If they were gonna make the block look like it's for 4 year olds, they could've brought back Hamtaro.
PostFri Apr 06, 2007 3:14 am
CabooseJr

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
If they were gonna make the block look like it's for 4 year olds, they could've brought back Hamtaro.

hey, that was a fun show.
PostFri Apr 06, 2007 5:23 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
You're obviously unaware of my predilections.
PostFri Apr 06, 2007 7:38 pm
Vizu-chan

Post subject:
I never knew the first TOM, I don't know exactly what happened during all of the changes because I never knew that they made stories for them....
But then I did hear about all of that...and I wondered what would happen for the new look.....
My family got upset with me because I kept rambling about what happened to TOM and how hes only a cartoon character. 0.0 TOM was never a cartoon character...he was the host of Toonami! >< But the Toonami I knew, went downhill the moment they put on Saturday...they got rid of all of the action-packed shows and placed a few action-packed shows in it along with some other shows that didnt sit well with me. But this....how can this even be called Toonami anymore?
I have to say, I want my Toonami back...where's SARAH, and why did they kidnap TOM and put in a replacement hoping that we wouldn't notice? T_T
PostFri Apr 06, 2007 10:30 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:

As disturbing as it sounds I enjoyed Hamtaru alot.. and because of that show my g/f had to have the hamtaru games for gameboy. They are strangly addicting... *hamham dance*

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostSat Apr 07, 2007 3:18 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
You're obviously unaware of my predilections.

PostSat Apr 07, 2007 5:45 am
mehman

Post subject:
Hamtaro was action show lite. They went on the worlds most adorable adventures! It was the cutest show ever at least.
PostSat Apr 07, 2007 7:35 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: