нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park - Summer Sanitarium Tour
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park - Summer Sanitarium Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know Ben Folds music, it['s good, just not my cup of tea. and the fake contest was when they said they['de travel around auditioning fans to replace wes (the only good thing about the band was wes, he was interesting and different). They did it for like a month then fred said that the contest was over, they had found their replacement, and the mystical magical replacement was.... Fred himself.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 4:37 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
oh right, i remember ke mentioning the details of that contest...it wasn't so bad that no one won, but in order to try out, you could only play original music AND you had to sign a waiver or something basically giving the band proper copyright over whatever was played...as if i hated the group enough before...

Spookmonkey wrote:
rock concerts are overrated

well, you really have to be into music and the band playing in order to fully enjoy the concert experience...i will admit though, if those requirements aren't met, a concert can almost become tedious...

dillpops wrote:
Honestly, I'd be too scared to go a rock concert, I'm very fragile.

from my experiences, you really shouldn't be all that scared...if it's a seated affair, you'll have no problem other than the occassional drunk (i live near phili, what you hear about their sports fans applies to their concert crowds as well)...outdoor standing concerts usually aren't that bad either, since there's more space available and people just seem friendlier...

that said, i've found indoor standing concerts to be a wide range of good and bad...since i listen to classic rock, i'm usually with an older crowd, which usually gives respect to younger fans, even though there are those "punk kid"-attitude folks as well...when i saw 3 doors down, i was shocked at the treatment of people in the crowd as there was a lot of physical interaction, as well as a fight almost breaking out involving some idiot thinking he could start a mosh pit...don't know if that's a "recent" thing, or just a bad example against the medium, but what can i say?

overall, most people will respect women for showing up, especially because they're usually far outnumbered by the guys...if you go with two or three people, you'll have nothing to worry about...

overall though, if you really wanna see a rock act, just go and enjoy...

Last edited by JJc14 on Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 7:45 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
Totally agree with JJc14 and Spook about how to survive at a concert. Although, if you try and get into front and center of a crowd, then you really are letting yourself in for trouble. At reading last year, my friend and I managed to worm our way quite close to the front, but stayed at the sides of the crowd. This will be my trick for Metallica, and I will aim to go for the right hand side of the stage so I can get a decent view of Kirk!
PostTue Feb 11, 2003 2:52 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
I know Ben Folds music, it's good, just not my cup of tea.

One question, then I'll drop it. Have you only heard his godawful Rockin the Suberbs? Or have you heard his good songs like My Philosophy, Army, 1 Angry Dwarf and 200 Solid Faces of You, Emaline (live), and Magic? (The last two are slower, the first 3 are lively and fast. Granted, it's not death metal . . . ) If you play music, typically you like Ben Folds stuff. Especially if you play piano (like me). His most well known song, by the way, is Brick.

Know what are bad? Free concerts. All the absolute crazy, idiodic jackasses come out of NOwhere for those. That's where you could have trouble. Having to pay for a concert is good. Keeps out the riffraff. I'm only half joking in that last sentence.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Feb 11, 2003 7:16 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
no, I['ve heard several of ben's songs, I don['t judge a band/singer completely until I['ve heard a few. Then I decide if they suck. More people need to do that.

PostWed Feb 12, 2003 4:20 am
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
In that case I am now officially allowed to hate and despise and detest and abhor (sp?) Avril Lavigne having heard and hated all three of her singles! Sweet! Very Happy
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 7:27 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I guess it would be ok, fine RLH I'll go to Metallica with you if no one else will go as long as:

a) you be nice to me
b) you'll allow the crowds to swallow you up first when the stampede comes and allow me to reach the safety of the stage.
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 12:32 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
Dude, you wouldn't get near the stage. If you get squished, everyone lifts you up and you crowd surf to the security barrier at the front of the crowd, get lifted out by a guard and sent out a door in the tall barrier back into the crowd, thus losing your space in the audience.
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 12:55 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
RanmasLadyHalf wrote:
In that case I am now officially allowed to hate and despise and detest and abhor (sp?) Avril Lavigne having heard and hated all three of her singles! Sweet! Very Happy

your actually allowed to hate her before listening to three of her songs, lets see if I can find the site on why. it's actually a really great read.

http://www.recroommagazine.com/articles/avril.htm

read it, I command you.

PostWed Feb 12, 2003 3:02 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
That girl Read my mind...
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 3:23 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
That article actually managed to put into words what I feel about that girl. I will add that while she bangs on about being punk, she then turns around when someone asks her her opinion on Sid Vicious and goes "Isn't he like old or something? Why would I need to know about him?" Um, sweetie, the Sex Pistols were only one of the first punk bands.
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 6:13 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eh, I'm more bugged by Good Charlotte. They play pop-punk and dress like goths. I like pop-punk. Not cuz it's 'cool', but because I like it. And these guys are all like "hard core!" and don't play stuff that's nearly hard core. I don't care if you're one or the other, but you can't be both. Just doesn't work.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 6:21 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
they dress punk to gothpunk, there is a difference between goth and gothpunk.

PostWed Feb 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well at least they seems to admit they've sold out.
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 6:35 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
They've only released "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" over here. I'm nt overly enamoured with them. Steering the conversation back on path, Jason Newsted has had his say on the summer tour:

Quote:
Meanwhile Newsted has snubbed his former band's stadium tour which starts off on July 4, dubbed the 'Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003'

"It's a joke I think Metallica are just a joke, I don't think they have any idea. I am fan of Metallica again, I did my thing in there and felt good and I'm proud of that shit and I am more proud than sour. But that's the integrity down the fucking tube! Why can't they take out Strapping Young Lad, why can't they take out In Flames? What they are doing now is such an obvious cash thing and has nothing to do with the music that we're supposed to be fighting for.

"Kirk got quoted about their new record sounding like Entombed, how can it sound like Entombed, how? Who is playing bass to make it sound like Entombed, James is a good bass player but c'mon dude! Lars - he hasn't practised enough drums over the years ­ he let his art fall away from him, he doesn't have the same finesse as he used to have, so how is it going to sound like Entombed and have that energy? And anyway if they are speaking like that how come they are not talking Entombed out on tour? Or Meshuggah -how came they are not staying true to their words? That's what really bother me."

Metallica have announced that their new studio album is to be called 'St. Anger'. This is due for release in early June. Also on the US tour will be Deftones and Mudvayne opening the bill.

Voi Vod start their US tour on April 10 and are set to visit Europe in June ­ but don't expect to see Metallica and VoiVod on the same bill.

"There is political shit going on, they are really against us being on the same bills. Wherever Metallica is you won't be seeing VoiVod."

I actually Like Jason. A lot. Yet everywhere I go (particularly on the Metallica.com message board I only ever see him being bashed. I know the reason given about why he left, but does anyone know any of the rumours of other reasons?

EDIT: Quote taken from here: http://www.rock-sound.net/voivod110203.html
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 11:40 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: