нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Breaking news on the John Bono front (dot dot dot)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Breaking news on the John Bono front (dot dot dot)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this the sign of the apocolypse?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Gouf / I wasn't paying attention
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
I'm already posting off topic. After all, the thread's about Bono's love life. Where did you think never-ending threads started?
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
You go for it John Bono! (Applies only to Ixidor, ToonamiL, and the like.)
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
First off, Bono, your writting is very, very good. I mean, it's good on this board. But there's a different . . . personal feeling from the journal.

Second, do ShekonNeko and Chloris read your journal? If so, that's not a way to solve problems, putting everything in there like that.

ALTHOUGH, I knew a guy that put EVERYTHING in his blog, and it caused 9 out of 10 people to go to him, appologize for making him feel that way, and make the intial effort to fix everything. I never understood why however . . .

ANYway. First off, a short parable, of the Paradox. Last summer I fell in total 100% infatuation with this girl. Like, I've only felt that feeling in my gut, that instant all-of-a-sudden PULL to a girl 2 times in my LIFE before her. One was in 6th grade, one was in 8th. But the strongest was deffinitely the one last summer. I went about 3 years without really LIKING a girl, and then WHAM, this girl that was right in front of me for the past almost-a-year had everything I wanted. Literally, everything. I had made a list of the ideal qualities in a girlfriend a few weeks prior to the awakening of mine, and she fit every category, except that she didn't have blue eyes, and that she didn't feel the same about me. Seriously, EVERY OTHER CATEGORY. There were a TON of categories. Everything form appearance to personality to open-minded ness to certian views to previous experiences . . . crazy shit man.

ANYway, I liked her more than I ever liked a girl previous or since. Problem? 5 days later (Literally 4 days and about 20 hours later. I exaggerate not.) I discovered that her best friend felt the same about me.

BEST best friend.

As in the type of friend that you would never betray even if you for some devil-hates-you-reason that you don't see them for 10 years or more.

I couldn't believe it. First time I had an actual target in 3 years and the girls best friend liked me, thus killing all my chances.

However, pay attention to all that comes next. Bono, a little-known secret of relationships is that if one party isn't happy, both will become not happy. Bear with me. I broke up with my first girlfriend (the best-friend in the story above. Guess I'm not good at sticking with my initial feelings . . . ) because she liked me more than I liked her. How is this a problem? Problem is it was setting her up for a HUGE fall. And whether she realized it at the time, realized it by now, or never realizes it at all, by me hurting her when I did, I prevented her from getting hurt a LOT worse later on.

In relationships, you HAVE to be selfish. Because only when you're selfish and it corresponds with what the other person wants, only THEN will there be bliss.

You need to BACK THE HELL AWAY, look at the girls, stop THINKING, and listen to both your heart and your gut. Don't look at the past, don't let trivial things be an issue. Sit down, close your eyes, and try to listen to your GUT instinct on who you would be more happy with. If there is no clear answer, go with neither, otherwise, go with the one that you feel most pulled towards.

I'm dead, dead serious when I say that if you let them pull you around, you'll only hurt both of them. The best thing for you to do is to go for what you want. End. It's best for all parties involved.

The paragraph directly above is most important. Only by helping yourself will you help all.

End.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jul 06, 2004 5:35 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
he is right, just let your feelings out and follow what feels right.
My senior prom i went with my best friend who i was crushing on, and while there angela asked me back out. But I didn't know what to do since i'd been supressing my feelings for angela completely, but talking with my best friend over the next few days i realizedmy feelings and who i was meant to be with
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Jul 07, 2004 12:16 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input. By the way, I haven't told 'Chloris' about the diary because I want these issues to be worked out in it beforehand. One of the reasons I started that thing was so that I could be an 'open book' of sorts to certain friends of mine. Unfortunately, sometimes I should keep my mouth shut to certain people, even though I'm sure 'Chloris' wouldn't deject me for it, it seems unfair to ShikonNeko for now.

Technically, yes, Aolus and Aurora would be an improper pair. I use Aurora because my mom, for a very long time, used it as a screenname. Their last son was the one that's usually listed last in databases about roman/greek gods. And surely you can find the name for the Roman equivelant to Podarge.
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 12:23 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Podarge was one of the 3 harpies, Celaeno. Cealeno being Zephyrus'slover

mixed signals i suppose...

Eos, (Aurora) was a daughter of Titans, Theia and Hyperion. Helios (sun) and Selene (moon) were her brother and sister, while she herself was a personification of the dawn of the morning. A fresh wind was felt at her approach, the morning star Eosphorus (Greek), Lucifer (Roman), still lingered in the sky, and beacuse the ruddy beams appeared like outspread fingers, she was called "rosy-fingered Morn." The star and the winds of the morning, Zephyr, Boreas, Notos, and Euros, were her offspring by the Astraeus (Starry), the Titan of starlight.

SO what is th bono to do?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 12:36 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm... all my sources say Podarge was specifically one of Zephyrus's lovers. At least there are few arguments that Podarge and Sabra are equivelants. Aeolus and Astraeus seem to be different spins on the same god (and I think they may both be Greek, even).
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 11:12 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Could you or someone else write this out in terms that are more easily understanable to the (un)common guy? Because it sounds a lot like you're talking in one of the following languages: Myth, Greek, Swahili, Ebonics, or Xpltgthgr-ese.

Question Question Question
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 4:40 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Man, I been having really mixed feeling about my realtionship with my GF lately, past 2 months.
We've been together for approximately 3 years, and I'm starting to have doubts as the whether I should pursue this relationship further, cause I feel a little bit trapped in it. I mean I have a great friendship with my gf and she been a big part of my life, I mean we've grown up a lot together.
But my gut tells me I should pursue something else, maybe no gf at all. I don't feel the same as I used to, about a year ago, my feelings were totally different than they are now. It's like there's nothing new between us, and I feel a little bit bored or something. I know she feels really really strongly about me, like "forever" strongly. And I'm not sure if I feel the same. I know that if I were to break up with her, she would be devastated, I'm good frineds with her family and such, and we share a lot of the same friends, so birthdays and gatherings would end up being akward. I no longer feel the strong urge to call her as much I used to. When I see her one day, I don't really feel like hanging out with her the next. I don't know how my likfe would be without her, but i'm afraid I woldn't knwo how to keep our relationship "just friendly."
I really need some input from you guys here, I don't know what to do people!

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 9:16 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
(and I think they may both be Greek, even).

They are both greek, its just Aurora who was Roman, the greek equivalent being Eos. Podarge was another name for Cealano who was in fact Zephyris's lover
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 10:08 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's not the point, the point is I need help. advice, anything!
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 10:23 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
Goldfinger, perhaps you should make her want to break up with you. There are probably various things you could do. Chief among them is to act like a total ass and become a horrible human being. You should start farting more often, not just with her, but in public situations with her and her family. You should litter public parks and leave your house and bedroom a mess. You should laugh derisively after making hurtful remarks.

In short, you should act like any of TV's memorable assholes: like Master Shake or Cartman.
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 10:44 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
hehe, doable, but i don't think it's the way to go.
And she won't want to break up with me, kill me maybe, but not break up.
Razz
The things is, it's weird, sometimes I feel totally fine and sometimes I feel totally sick by it. Like right now I'm fine, but sometime tomorrow I'll be annoyed.
Anyone gone through this?
peace
PostThu Jul 08, 2004 11:11 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
Could you or someone else write this out in terms that are more easily understanable to the (un)common guy? Because it sounds a lot like you're talking in one of the following languages: Myth, Greek, Swahili, Ebonics, or Xpltgthgr-ese.

Okay, ShikonNeko == Girl who really liked me (returns true), but never managed to pick up on the hints that I really liked her (actually, I never picked up her interest in me). Fun thing about ShikonNeko, she has a boyfriend, and is firmly certain that her boyfriend is going to leave her... eventually. And of course, she wants me to be her certain backup (yes, that's a bit selfish, but I'd actually consider it, if it weren't for...) Jamie (LittleLovelyGirl, Chloris) was introduced to me a bit over a week ago. We were set up by my friend, Richard. We are most deffinately at this time 'an item'.
By the tone of this post, you've probably decided which decision I've come to.
Anyway, more later.
PostFri Jul 09, 2004 12:02 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
John I dont see you and Jamie as an Item... Your not making any moves, And you dont unless she makes it painfully obvious.

When you two act on your own without hints, then its all good.
PostFri Jul 09, 2004 12:31 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:

By the tone of this post, you've probably decided which decision I've come to.

Well who likes feeling like he is a second choice?
PostFri Jul 09, 2004 12:31 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
John, from what you just said, I get the feeling you're also trying to tell us that the "drama" never ends, even after high school. Right? Because, despite this being interesting (serious about that. no idea why, but people and their personal lives are interesting to hear about. which is a scary thought if you really think about it. Shocked ), it's really starting to remind me of incidents that have been witnessed during the past four years and incidents that have been discussed on this and other forums. Ones that didn't end well.
PostFri Jul 09, 2004 4:15 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: