нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Step into the Grand Tour
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Step into the Grand Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
change that to very little to do with dbgt and you would be right.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 5:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
imadad2

Post subject: I need to add my 2 cents ...
I am a new to this forum, and don't want to sound like a broken record, but I think there is good and bad in DBGT. I am going to spew the bad, because I hate were the story went. Near the end of DBZ Goku seemed to be handing the reins over to his son Gohan. I expected DBGT to be a story about Gohan. Instead, it is Goku all over again as a kid. That sucks.

I hate all the villians in DBGT except Baby. I won't get into details, but I found no origionality in the bad guys. I hate to say this, but I wanted to see Goku defeated. I wanted some one else to take over as the savior. Vageta, Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, Pan, or some other character would have made my day. DBGT to me, since it is the last part of the series, should have had a torch past from Goku to someone else. DBGT is ruined for me, because I know Goku is the hero and will ride out in the sunset at the end of the series.

Condensing the first 17 episodes sucked as well. It is bad enough there is flaws in the story, but when you eliminate 1/4 of the episodes and try to summarize them in 10 minutes, something is missing.

The music sucks. I am not a fan of hip hop. I hate the rap theme song. I do like some of the music in the episodes, but the rap song is killing me.

Finally, isolating Goku, Pan, and Trunks ruins DBGT. I have to have more characters involved. I liked Dragonball and DBZ because they tried to weave several stories into the episodes. In DBGT, there is one story. I wish there was a more intricate story.

Now the good. I like the animation. It looks crisper and more fresh. I do like the way the music sounds in the fight scenes and stressful moments. I like that we are getting to see Pan and her little traits and humor. I do like the idea of the black star dragonballs, but the rest of the cast should be doing something else while Goku, Pan, and Trunks are hunting for them.

Overall, DBGT gets a ho hum from me. I would watch the DBZ saga's before I would watch this. That must say something if I would rather see old material than new.
PostWed Dec 17, 2003 4:35 pm
imadad2

Post subject: Where DBGT should have gone ... opinions wanted
I was asked to copy and paste this here ...

I hate where the DBGT story line went. I would love to read what fans of the series would have liked to see happen. I will start.

I would have loved to see the series focus on the rivalry between Goku and Vagetta. At the end of DBZ, Goku was focused on Uub. Vagetta could discover the black star dragonballs and wish for immortality. What would he care if Earth was destroyed?

Ever since the introduction of Vagetta, Goku has gotten the better of him. I would love to have seen Vagetta finally defeat Goku or surpass him in strength. While Vagetta is having his moment in the sun, Gohan could finally reach his full potential and take away Vagetta's dream of ruling the universe.

This way, you could have Trunks torn between his friends and his father, a group of Z fighters searching the universe for the black star dragonballs getting into trouble, and Gohan scheming and training to dethrone Vagetta. You now have three story lines weaved together to come to a conclusion. Trunks could be used as the surprise finish of the series by his deciding to join or stand against his father.

I think my story is a lot more interesting than what we have been presented with. Half the characters are never seen in DBGT, and the story is not very intricate. It took me five minutes to think up my theory. This way, no new villians are needed, the existing characters can be used, and we can see the father son relationships between Goku/Gohan and Vagetta/Trunks come to a conclusion. All the Z fighters will be involved in the story, and I think it would be a heck of a lot better than what DBGT has done with the series.

Thoughts?
PostThu Dec 18, 2003 8:08 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thank you for doing as I asked. Very Happy

As for DBGT, I don't really have an opinion. I don't watch. Doesn't hold my interest. It's the old "Akira Toriyama didn't make it, so it's not the same." But it's not some sort of fanboy pride issue with me. Akira is the only one who understands all the characters completely, AND who is able to manipulate them perfectly.

Thus, I don't watch GT.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Dec 18, 2003 6:40 pm
imadad2

Post subject:
I watch it, but I am only there because my kids like it. I am a fan of DBZ, and DBZ only. The early saga's are my favorites. It is a shame that politics and profits always ruin things we love. DBGT could have been done so much better.
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 8:09 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm, after seeing Dragon Ball, I prefer it to DBZ. It's much more fun and light, and has great character development and religious symbolism. Toriyama was just begining to feel out the characters and play with their quirks; everything was NEW. So I like it better. That's just my opinion though.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Kenshin2003

Post subject:
FlashBack wrote:
Hiya everyone. I dont want to spoil anything for anyone, well i think i do actually, Dragonball GT will suck....it will suck a lot, and it will suck very hard. I dont think i need to say SPOILER ALERT since i am almost positive everyone knows Goku and Vegeta go SSJ 4 in the show, but SSJ 4 SUCKS real bad. I just hope in all my heart that it was not the creation of Akira Toriyama because i would be saddened a lot. The saddest thing about the series is that there are only like 3 real villains, and they all have convoluted story lines that make very little sense.

****SPOILER ALERT*** An Evil Shenron who smokes?!! WHAT the F*** is that about?! DOes anyone know?
***End Spoiler****

The only thing that made the series good for me was that i have the whole thing in perfect viewing quality in Japanese with perfect English subs. Anything less would have made me stop watching the series after about 25 episodes.

I am personally glad they condensed the first 17 episodes into 1, because it just shows you how much the series sucks. If they were to show you the 17 episodes you would have began realizing that this series is EXACTLY like DB so that's one of the main reasons they didnt show it. I hope to god that Akira very little to do with this series because it literally was one of the worst animes i have seen, and i've seen La Blue Girl (very bad wierd sick sexual anime) people.

All i have to say is that Toonami should just try to get the series over with as quickly as possible, because if they build it up and milk it as much as they did with DBZ without an actual good series on their hand, they will piss off a lot of people. When they were making it, it looks as if they just said to themselves, "We've got nothing else to give!"

And by the way, i think the announcer of DBGT is the same person who plays Piccolo's voice. It sounds a lot like him. COuld someone double-check that for me. And yes my friends, the announcer voice does suck. It sucks a lot. It sucks more than the announcer's voice in the final season of DBZ.

****Kind of SPOILER ALERT (more of an insight on the series) *****
***** (Note: I have already seen the whole series) *****
And i can't believe there is so little Piccolo in this series. It was like all about Saiyans in this series....and Why WHY did they have to make Gohan, Goten, and Trunks such wussies....They made them like 10x weaker than they were at the end of DBZ. And they made Goten and Trunks look 5 years younger than they were at the end of DBZ, and they were suppose to like at least 5-7 years older. What is wrong with them?!
***** (END of kind of SPOILER) ******

I think i am done ranting. IM sorry, but i had a lot to let out after seeing the series already, a lot of built up rage. All i can say to those just watching it on Toonami is have really low expectations, that way you wont be so dissapointed. Set those expectations REALLY low now, i dont mean kind of low, i mean all the way at the bottom. Imagine this series is like Gigli or something when you watch it. Have fun trying to watch this horrific series! Smile

I actually like DBGT. It's too bad they didn't show the first 17 episodes, and squeezed it into one.

Also It really socks that Gohan and Trunks a much weaker in GT.

It will be rwally COOL if Gten and Trunks fused into Gotenks in GT like in Buu Saga of DBZ. I wonder how Gotenks will look like in GT. Goten and Trunks aren't kids anymore, so Gotenks should look better.

Oh, and SSJ 4 is ok.
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 11:46 am
imadad2

Post subject:
I have only had one person give feedback on my request. For those of you who think DBGT sucks, what direction would you have liked for it to go? I stated earlier that I feel a final battle between Goku and Vageta would have done it for me. Let me know what you think. I hate what they did with DBGT, and felt anything would have been better.
PostFri Jan 02, 2004 4:51 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
GT was on in the bar tonight. The sound was off, but I think I got the gist of it.
PostFri Jan 02, 2004 11:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
imadad2 wrote:
. . . what direction would you have liked for it to go? . . .

Away.

On a more serious note, I didn't mind the series. I did keep in mind that it is not a direct continuation of the story like established in DBZ, even with time taken into account. I personaly think the orignial version was better than Z. I havn't been watching the Toonami run. You should watch that if you don't like GT. It will feel just like Z since they will both have been contorted and edited to meet the expectations of their new audience. Who knows, you might even like it. Wink
PostSat Jan 03, 2004 1:28 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: