нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Final episode of this season Justice League
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Final episode of this season Justice League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Welcome, LoG! Mr. Green
PostMon Feb 16, 2004 6:16 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
What rolls down stairs
Alone or in pairs...
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack
And fits on your back?
PostMon Feb 16, 2004 2:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FlashBack

Post subject:
I think we have deviated a tad bit from the topic....like why wont they be showing "Wild Cards" aside from the bad voiceovers from the Teen Titans?
PostWed Feb 18, 2004 1:18 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
*bump*

RUMOR ALERT!

May 29 may be the air date for Starcrossed. It can't be confirmed, though. We've got a team lookin' into it...
PostFri May 07, 2004 1:16 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Another update: Not just a rumor anymore... Mr. Green

http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=771
PostFri May 07, 2004 7:07 pm
FlashBack

Post subject:
merci beaucoup
PostWed May 12, 2004 3:26 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
One of my old threads lives?!

(passes out)
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FlashBack

Post subject:
lol....yea, it's still here...

until that episode is actually played, i will be pissed at CN
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:21 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
(puts on happy helmet)
Dont be angry at then. I mean we wouldnt have seen it unless they had shown the series in the first place. I mean it could have been done on Fox Kids and never seen ever.

(takes off happy helmet)

I have gotten so used to them delaying final episodes of shows for up to years. I stopped caring. I will just watch it when it finally airs. And hope that Tivo gets it in case i forget

(edit by fodder by way of Zechs for reminding poor fodder that typing fast isnt always a good thing)
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FlashBack

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
(puts on happy helmet)
Dont be angry at then. I mean we wouldnt have seen it unless they had shown the series in the first place. I mean it could have been done on Fox Kids and never seen ever.

(takes off happy helmet)

I have gotten so used to them delaying final episodes of shows for up to years. I stopped caring. I will just watch it when it finally airs. And hope that Tivo gets it in case i forget

(edit by fodder by way of Zechs for reminding poor fodder that typing fast isnt always a good thing)

in the words of William Shakespeare: "True Dat"
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:39 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Here's a lil sum'n sum'n for ya.

All new 'Justice League' rises from ahses of series finale
Sunday, May 23, 2004
KENNETH CARTER
News staff writer

For more than a decade now, producer Bruce Timm has redefined some of DC Comics' most iconic characters for the painted-cel world of animation.

First came the film-noir look of "Batman," then the art-deco world of "Superman's" Metropolis. Next up was the hyperkinetic future seen in "Batman Beyond."

But for the past few years, Timm has put his unique spin on the Justice League, where Batman and Superman team up with DC heroes Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl.

Never satisfied with the status quo, Timm ends this version of Justice League with a bang. The series finale airs on Cartoon Network at 8 p.m. Saturday.

In the 90-minute "Starcrossed," the League must battle an alien race from Thanagar, and Hawkgirl, being from Thanagar herself, is forced to choose sides.

"The basic storyline (of "Starcrossed") has been in the works for a long time," Timm said during a phone interview. "We knew we'd do this story, and we've had a long, gradual, slow buildup in the first two seasons."

The big question facing Timm and his crew: Would there be a third season?

"When it came time to write this episode, we weren't sure we'd be picked up for a third season, so we wanted to go out with a bang - to blow everything up," he said.

But when word came down that season three was a go, Timm said he wanted to use that opportunity to shake things up a bit.

The result is "Justice League Unlimited," which will premiere on Cartoon Network in August.

The revamped series lets Timm play in the entire DC universe, teaming other well known characters like Green Arrow and the Atom as well as lesser known heroes such as Hawk and Dove and Elongated Man.

"The bottom line is that it's two shows in one," Timm said. "Some shows feel very much like the old show, while others are anthology shows."

"Justice League Unlimited" will also feature 30-minute episodes, which Timm said has not been much of a difficult transition from the old show's hour format.

"We have to write much tighter. That's the tricky part," he said.

But the shorter episodes allow the stories to focus on a small group of characters where huge conflicts don't have to be the driving force of the plot, Timm said.

Messing with a tried-and-true formula would seem to be a risk, but Timm has a proven track record when it comes to superhero cartoons.

And the appeal of Timm's interpretations run the age spectrum, a task which he credits to boiling the characters down to their essentials.

"I focus on the core element of the character - what makes it iconic and also what has given these characters such longevity," he said.

He also said he never played down to his audience.

"Going back to `Batman,' we never wanted to think of it as doing a kids' show," Timm said. "We'd be aware of 5- or 6-year-olds watching the show, so we'd make it age appropriate, but we were writing the show for ourselves."

For fans of the Batman series from the early 1990s, the first season box set is scheduled to hit stores in July.

"Myself and (co-producer) Paul Dini did commentary on the first set, and we're supposed to do more for the second one," Timm said.

The box set is supposed to have behind-the-scenes interviews and other featurettes, he said.

Timm said that Warner Brothers is considering doing "Superman" as well.

With seasons three and four of "Justice League Unlimited" already mapped out, Timm said men and women in tights keep him pretty busy these days.

Not bad for a guy who originally wanted to be a comic book artist, but thought that the quality of his work wasn't good enough to get into comics.
PostMon May 24, 2004 8:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well, "Starcrossed" has come and gone. WHen they said, "...end it with a bang," they wasn't kiddin'! Great ending (kinda) to a great series. So now up next is Justice League Unlimited. Expanding the show to include a plethora of other beloved and lesser-known heroes seems a good idea to me, especially since now the show becomes a bit more dynamic and broad-based, rather than tightly focused on only a small group.

Speaking of expansion, who would you like to see in JLU? I'm pulling for the Legion of Doom to finally be ratified. And on the hero side, I wanna see Apache Chief updated, as well as the greatest Green Lantern of all: Hal Jordan!
PostSun May 30, 2004 2:32 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
A great ending to a great series, and I can't wait for Justice League Unlimited. Mr. Green The ending of "Starcrossed" leaves a question, though: Where do all the other heroes come in? Question I was expecting the ending to at least spark some kind of tie-in to Unlimited to release all the other heroes for the new team. If the end of the original series isn't going to help, I hope the premiere of JLU will answer that question instead of leave us hanging...unless it's set an alternate universe (that I can understand), but if it's not, how will they be able to introduce the rest of the team for us? Confused
PostSun May 30, 2004 3:54 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
it answered all that. Tthe many hero thingy? supes and co realized that they couldn't do everything that that was much to close for comfort so they send out "the call" and hero from far and wide hede it. They don't want another "starcrossed" to happen again. The fact that they los their secret club house in space allows for a hall of justice to be built on earth for the lowlier heroes to have access to. As they said at the end, "what happens now?", "We rebuild"

I'm just happy to see that Kara will be back. I wonder if Batgirl or Nightwing will make a brief appearance.
PostSun May 30, 2004 12:59 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dude, Timm really knows how to work a series. I really admire him for ending it where he did and not trying to stretch out the premise for another three seasons. Justice Leagues ends without a single crappy episode. Hopefully JLU will keep up the tradition without cutting into the Teen Titans niche. Truthfully I never liked any of the next-gen DC heroes. They all seem to be just rehashes or cocky children of the originals without anything to make them stand out. Supergirl for one always seemed like nothing more than Britney Spears with superpowers..
PostSun May 30, 2004 6:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: