нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - WHat do you think of your Fellow infolink Memebers IV
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
WHat do you think of your Fellow infolink Memebers IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Stands on top of a soap box*

Hey all.

I don't post must because I really don't like this board as much as the old one. Its just somthing about it. I've been out done in the fight threads. I try to keep it somewhat realistic, and Beat goes and becomes invinsible.

The Anime Character vs Character section was killed with the old board. I can't come up with any new topics, most threads I have nothing to comment on. [PDF] clan died again.. what else is new eh?

I have nothing to contribute to the news section. Just kinda feel out of place now.

[PDF]
Zechs: I have taught you well Grasshopper.. You are now better then me..
Greer: hmm... you just don't chat enough on AIM..
gfpapperboy22: BURN IN HELL!
Funky and Goose: Some of the best cs players I've ever seen.
Doug: Ub3r 1337 \/\/38 /\/\@57@
FDD: My apprentice. The force is strong with this one.
Dread: Best damn CS player you will EVER see Wink
CZ: I still havn't seen you play..

Non-[PDF]
... *glomps everyone*
gotta cut this short cause a storm is comin'
If I said I hate you, then I do. If I havn't said I hate you, you are cool.

So that means you are all cool.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 12:16 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:

I don't post must because I really don't like this board as much as the old one. Its just somthing about it.

amen to that. What IS it about this board? Ever since the first crash way back in the day things just haven't been the same. Maybe it's the new address, maybe it's the design of the board itself, maybe it's the lack of fresh blood anything. what do you think?

I thought it was down to the lack of new people but I can't put my finger on it.

Don't worry though I LOVE you all just as much as I used to and I still post but there's something not quote right about it..
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 12:33 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm out to say that the Fight thread got to the point of idiocy. That's why I went all ghost and disappeared.

(Sigh) This board ain't right.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 1:22 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
1) The board is no longer Green.

2) The board is TI, not TDA. And TDA sounds so much cooler.

3) Tyler is not here as much. And Pepito has not made ONE SINGLE POST on this new board.

4) A lot of the old members forgot about this place during the Great Crash of Late 2002.

5) Interests of people change over time.

6) With the advent of AS, Toonami has gotten less good shows. That's sort of changed in the past few months, and in those few months, the board has picked up slightly.

What it really comes down to is this. Old members like Dread and TWWK don't post. TWWK comes on and sees nothing by his old buddy Dread, and so he doens't see a reason in posting. Dread comes on, sees nothing by TWWK, and so HE doens't post either. It's a vicious cycle.

Maybe we SHOULD start the Semi-anime realted babble forum back up. Now we could all actually visualize a battle between Kenshin and Twilight Suzuka.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 1:57 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
What it really comes down to is this. Old members like Dread and TWWK don't post. TWWK comes on and sees nothing by his old buddy Dread, and so he doens't see a reason in posting. Dread comes on, sees nothing by TWWK, and so HE doens't post either. It's a vicious cycle.

for my money, that's pretty much what it is...the members...back in the day, there were something like 20 awesome members who posted 10 zillion times a day each...it was like a bizarre family, and soooo much fun; seriously, I think TDA was the top thing on the minds of each of those people...

then, one day, some of the members started going away for whatever reason...

and then, new, cruddy members started filling up the board with dumb posts...

and then, some of the rest of the members either started coming less or stopped coming at all, due to the lost of some members, and the unfortunate addition of others...

for a while, the board just looked stagnant...there were enough GOOD new members coming in to sort of outweight the loss of others...

but then, it stopped...the new good members stopped coming in (with the exceptions of CP, Spook, JP, Nobi, and a few others)...topics got boring...the ecletic family was broken apart

this is my theory

oh, and nice to see you Dread! man, miss that guy's posts...which leads me to theory #2:

Dread stopped posting as much...bored started sucking...The End
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:20 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Like I said before...

That board ain't right.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:23 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, the thing is, every time a vet leaves, the board simply gets worse. Which doesn't help. And you're right TWWK, when I first joined, I was ADDICTED to this place. And there were times that 15 vets were online at once and this board was crazy! But we've exhausted a lot of options, people don't come here as much, if at all. It's a vicious cycle that the mods are trying to stop, but we're running out of ideas.

What I'm basically saying is FOR HTE LOVE OF GOD, TWWK AND DREAD START POSTING AGAIN. At least TRY to fill the baord with your witty banter, I'll see if we can get that Semi-Anime babble forum back up, and maybe this place will liven up enough to get things going in the opposite direction.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:30 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
I just gotta count how many times I got called crazy here...

1.)
Quote:

Luwika: Crazy spanish chick who's presence is thoroughly enjoyed.

2.)
Quote:

Ludwika: crazy little Texan girl

All I can say as to my profess lunacy is that its a given talent and also when your married to a Psycho here...so in his words "That's my Wika!"
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:33 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just hope it gets better. I might leave soon if Dread and TWWK leave again.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:56 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
good to see that there are some people worried about the slow deterioration of this message board, as it's been something that hasn't escaped my mind since the old board crashed...it just doesn't add up in my mind exactly why things are like they are right now, and it'd really be a shame to do nothing and watch things get worse...

my original assumption was the lack of new members...it's natural for members to go their own way, but in the past there would be fresh faces to replace them...with toonami being in such a slump throughout most of 2002, i could understand there not being much incentive or motivation to join a message board, but when they debuted their new look, adding kenshin and yu yu hakusho, i believed we'd hit a revival of sorts...

while it's too early to say whether or not that's true, it's definitely been slow to say the least...i brought up the issue of seperating the "Toonami/Almost Toonami/Anime Discussion" fourm back to its seperate entities to cp a while ago (which we discussed for a little bit), but i've also cast doubt there, as the former spark of having so many active forums seems almost impossible in the present...

i think we also have to factor in the changes in television since this place was popular...back then there wasn't really much besides the toonami block to watch anime on television that was somewhat aimed at a higher age than the saturday morning fare...now there's a block directed toward adults (adult swim), and hell, toonami ain't even the only action-animation block on it's own network anymore (sves), and this is only direct network competition...basically toonami has gone from being the center for televised animation to being lost in the flood of things, and perhaps the slowdown here is related to that...

unfortunately, i don't have any clever brainstorms to help the situation at this time...perhaps with further study of similar message boards, an answer will show itself, but until then i'm hoping we can weather the storm...
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 3:47 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, I do visit this MB about 6 times a day... theres just nothing to respond too. I will try and bring my old self back into swing of things. If you want me back into the fight threads.. then we need to start a new one.

My theory about this board: is that all these dark colors are depressing.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 4:27 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
The old board looked like an XBox. I don't see how that's any better. I guess we were just used to it.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 4:33 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I think we associated the colors and design of it all with all of the memorable conversations that we had on the old board.

Scrolling to the right on every page doesn't help either, but I'm not rich enough to afford a 19"-21" monitor.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 8:29 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
you could have a 21" monitor and still have to scroll over, you just need a monitor that can do 1024x768.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 8:43 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Shazam.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 10:06 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: