нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - It took 9 months of unemployment
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
It took 9 months of unemployment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject: It took 9 months of unemployment
But I finally got a job....as a Courtesy Clerk at a Fry's. No, not a Fry's Electronics, just the regular supermarket....3 years of college and the best I can do is $6/hr....

I guess it's better than nothing....
PostFri Dec 01, 2006 1:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
(moments earlier)

finaldragoon77: hey
Aer0fan14: hey, doing some schoolwork, but i should be here for a few more minutes
Aer0fan14: what's up?
finaldragoon77: not much
finaldragoon77: bored
Aer0fan14: still searching out your next mmo?
finaldragoon77: eh
finaldragoon77: more like waiting
finaldragoon77: and contemplating what i'll be like once i start working
finaldragoon77: i bet then i'll be complaining about how i don't have enough free time
Aer0fan14: i don't just agree with that
Aer0fan14: i GUARANTEE it
finaldragoon77: -.-
Aer0fan14: unless you're in a situation like me, your job won't allow you to play games at work
Aer0fan14: you'll get home and be too tired to play games
finaldragoon77: i'm sure it is
Aer0fan14: factor in sleep and you don't get much time for gaming at all
finaldragoon77: i'm a little nervous too
finaldragoon77: but i have no other choice in a job right now
finaldragoon77: i have no idea what's in store for me
finaldragoon77: training on sunday, then i have to get my schedule
Aer0fan14: hey wait a minute
Aer0fan14: that means you actually got a job?
finaldragoon77: yes....
Aer0fan14: and you haven't announced this to the infolink community yet?
finaldragoon77: no
Aer0fan14: well, you better do it before i do
Aer0fan14: because that's a huge sigh of relief for many of us... =)
Aer0fan14: besides, it'd be nice to have an actual topic not created by a spambot over there
PostFri Dec 01, 2006 1:32 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Yeah, I finally got a part time job after nearly that much time. Working seasonal at EB. When they mean seasonal, they mean it. I've gotten like 3.15 hrs on my last check @ $5.15/hr. I'll be luck to have enough to buy the Wii...
PostFri Dec 01, 2006 7:56 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow; I thought $7/hour was bad...
PostSat Dec 02, 2006 12:47 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Holy smokes. I didn't know EB paid THAT bad. Considering how much they sell (cough*nearly $700 priced Wii bundle and nearly $1000.00 PS3 bundle online*cough), and the kickbacks they get on pre-owned games as well as near worthless system warranties, their low wages are pathetic. I had thought about working there before, but there's no way in hell now.
PostSat Dec 02, 2006 9:42 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
As far as I know, all seasonal is at minimum wage. I'm not sure if its the same nation wide but in Oklahoma its $5.15/hr (god damn cheap cost of living). Apparently life was better before gamestop bought EB because i've heard stories of the "good" times when clerks actually made commission on the edge card sales and had a 20% discount. Now we only get a 15% discount, no commission, and are still expected to meet quotas. Honestly I think its a terrible business model. Why put forth the effort if I ain't getting rewarded.

At least the work is easy and it beats fast food. The random swag we get from game companies can be pretty nice and i actually like helping people find the right electronic crack to meet their addiction. After the season is up, i'm still gonna try to stay on as part-time so I can still go to school, but I hope I get more then minimum.

Remember kiddies, when a politician votes down raising minimum wage, they're going to hell... or fucking the page in his office.
PostSun Dec 03, 2006 1:39 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_minimum_wages

You have to wonder how a lot of people can survive on just 5.15 an hour.
PostSun Dec 03, 2006 3:13 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
That's insane. There's still no excuse(heck, even less of one since EB and GameStop merged!) for EB to pay that low, even for seasonal. It seems retail isn't the only version of EB that's been hit, though. I've noticed that EBgames.com screws up a lot more of my orders than they ever did before the merger(all customer service goes to GameStop.com now, hmm....).
PostSun Dec 03, 2006 9:18 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ummm yay for a job?...I've still not had one in nearly 2 decades Twisted Evil
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostMon Dec 04, 2006 1:03 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have no way to express my joy except to say.

*golf clap*
PostMon Dec 04, 2006 2:19 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sorry to disappoint you all but my body could not keep up with what they required that and I'm a nerd, no way am I in shape to handle it. So I quit....sorry to disappoint you all.....
PostTue Dec 05, 2006 12:40 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
UPDATE: Well I did manage to find another job, no experience necessary, $10/hr tax free, guaranteed 4 hours a day pay, must be willing to work with prisoners. Don't worry, I'm just developing X-Ray film in a darkroom, nothing dangerous Very Happy
PostSun Feb 11, 2007 9:41 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: