нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The Supreme Court Rocks, no?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The Supreme Court Rocks, no?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: The Supreme Court Rocks, no?
The Supreme Court of the U.S. has made a lot of really good decisions lately. Granted, this is the same court that gave Bush the election because they didn't like Gore, they've just about made up for it recently. With the ruling that giving minorities a greater chance to get into state schools based solely on being a minority (speaking specifically of the points system), is wholely a form of discrimination, and, more important, they're most recent big one.
Speaking of course, of the decision that anything not causing harm between two concenting adults in the bedroom is just fine. This specific case dealt with a gay couple, who were busted in on by a group of police officers that had gone to the wrong house, but had them charged with sodomy (which was illegal in Texas and a dozen other backwards states). This means that gay male couples are now able to have sex the way they want it, much to the chagrin of many religious and political groups. (It also means hetero anal sex is legal, but that's not what people are getting mad about.)
Pat Robertson, some right wing fanatic of some sort or the other, is urging Americans to pray that the terrible supreme court justices who are capable of this terrible act be brought to God's judgement, and that we be given "freedom" from these terrible people.
Now if that isn't the biggest load of explative words I've ever heard. The guy's actively encouraging people to assasinate these specific Supreme Court Justices because they have a sane view of the world. Begging for the freedom to once again take other peoples' rights, and to treat them as second class citizens. This is the equvelant of the KKK in the 50s, trying to intimidate gays, and hopefully have someone do the dirty work of killing those who ruled against segregation in Brown v. whichever states it was board of education. It's one of the most vile, reprehensible things to do to someone--persecute based on sexual preference (which has been found to be uncontrollable for most people). Sorry to waste time with what you all know--just needed to vent a little.
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 12:34 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
The Supreme Court is the voice of reason, (hopefully) unswayed by political mood swings. We all have disagreed and agreed with Supreme Court decisions at some time.

The Bush/Gore decision is not the fault of the Supreme Court. It is the fault of the political "system" (aka corruption) of Florida.
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 1:12 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, but if they were a little faster with the decision, there might've been more time for a recount.
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 1:25 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Damnit, a recount would take like a day, and no one could convince me otherwise. On election days, all the states have the results in by 8 AM the next morning anyway. It's not like frikken 1790 when the fastest message was on horseback.

I'm happen to think we should re-do the whole constitution. A lot of the stuff is outdated. A lot of it is very relevant even to this day. I'm not saying scrap it, I'm just saying fix it.

Although, at the rate amendments are made, I'm guessing that re-doing the constitution is even MORE impractical than dealing with the few flaws.

And if an amendment is ever made banning Flag Burning, I swear I'm going to my State House the day before it's made illegal and I'm burning as many flags as I can muster. It's a non-violent form of protest. People say it 'disgraces the people that have died for this country, that have died for MY freedoms' and I say it honors those people, since I'm exercising my freedom to protest when I think my government could do a better job.

I think this country is the best in the world. But I'm not going to say I love it until I'm satisfied with it. We suck. But I don't say 'we suck' then sit back, I say 'we suck' then work to fix the suckiness.

Which is why a friend of mine and I are starting a "Don't Re-elect Bush" campaign. He's destorying the few htings this country does right (The trickle-down-theory has NEVER WORKED IN THE HISTORY OF IT'S EXISTENCE, yet Bush used it)

BACK on topic, Bono, you're right. 2 consenting adults can do whatever they want to. Who says it's our place to stop them? It's not something they can change, so why try? Anyone as intolerant as Pat Robertson is evil. Anyone who uses God as a sheild to try and eradicate something that they simply find to be an unpleasant thought is outright evil. God is not a sheild for your views. Faith in God is supposed to make you able to overcome persecuation, not able to persecute.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 1:41 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
As I've often said it's shit that flows downhill. Money is the only substance that goes the other way.
BTW, it's really nice to find people that think almost exactly like you politically.
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 4:19 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The trick is to find a group of not-rich, smart, cyincal people that feel compelled to help society. Bush's lack of intellignece insults me. You would think they should teach him how to pronounce 'nuclear'. And I so wish that people CARED that Bush is screwing us over.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 7:30 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... we need to get rid of the office of the President and replace it with a 3 or 5 seat co-Presidency tribunal sort of thing...

The idea that a democracy needs a single person to fill a seat with so much power under it is completely stupid anyway. I believe the Presidency and the current manifestation of political parties go aganst democracy anyway. About the only part of our government that ever seems to do their freakin' job compitently has always been the Supreme Court and the Judicial Branch.

...ugh, but it's too early in the morning for political rants...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 4:37 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
As I've often said it's shit that flows downhill. Money is the only substance that goes the other way.

True... True...
PostSun Jul 20, 2003 4:02 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: