нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - DBZ?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DBZ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
primalbliss

Post subject:
Counterparadox, I complete agree with you. I love DBZ mainly for the fights, but it does get a little old when they are always powering up and the villains and heroes always transform.
Personally I feel the series could transcended the same repetitive s*** if Goku passed on the torch to someone else and a new hero arose, and so on.

As for the other shows, I think Kenshin was done dirty when they stopped its evening toonami run. Since than I lost track of where it's at and haven't been able to follow it since.

Still, I don't know why it just is; Outlaw Star would have to be my favorite. I just really like that show. O well all and all I give the entire DB universe its props because look where we are at today because of it!
PostThu Apr 08, 2004 10:50 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
primalbliss wrote:
Personally I feel the series could transcended the same repetitive s*** if Goku passed on the torch to someone else and a new hero arose, and so on.

Toriyama (the Dragon Ball universe's creator) wanted to make Gohan the focus of the show. Well, let me start over. Toriyama started with young Goku in Dragon Ball. Then everyone grew up with him, and after the fun-loving Dragon Ball, Toriyama made DBZ, more action oriented. He got tired of the characters during the Frieza saga. He planned on ending the series at the end of that saga. The public outcry was so large that he said he'd continue doing it.

He made the Cell Saga next. The whole saga leads up to Gohan being the strongest, and Gohan becoming the greastest fighter in the universe. The public didn't like that.

So Toriyama nerfed Gohan, and made the Buu Saga about 50 episodes too long, so that people would stop craving more Goku action.
That's why the last episodes of hte Buu saga are REALLY sub-par.

Oh, and Outlaw Star is a fantastic show, in my opinion.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Apr 08, 2004 3:24 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
Quote:
He made the Cell Saga next. The whole saga leads up to Gohan being the strongest, and Gohan becoming the greatest fighter in the universe. The public didn't like that.

Yeah I have heard this before. Its a shame people didn't let him do what he will with HIS series. Than again I suppose if he did than it would have been over in the Frieza Saga. I would have liked to see Goku passed it on to Gohan like he planned. Than maybe Gohan pass it on to Trunks and Goten (maybe, if he made them a little older it would have been more believable.) In GT I would have liked to seen Uub be the hero since he is an Earthling. Anyway this is just my thoughts, also I am not discounting any of the Saiyans they would still be a part and powerful in their own right. As the story goes it would have been kind of like a right of passage from one warrior to the next. I am sure my ideas have flaws, but hey it's my dream and I dream it the way I choose !
PostThu Apr 08, 2004 6:18 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
hey primalbliss...I'm not mad at DBZ directly

I'm mad at it for giving us these shallow Anime watchers

I stated I was mad at the people with DBZ names
PostThu Apr 08, 2004 10:03 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
Slim Jim, who cares?! He is probably some kid who just likes DBZ cause it beats the hell out of Disney. Can ya blame him for liking something different than Mickey and his mind lock on children's fantasies? Seriously, look at American cartoons and tell which ones are better than Japanese anime? (Note: that came out recently [past 5 years])

Anyway I am not trying to cause trouble, it just upset me cause he seems harmless.
PostFri Apr 09, 2004 10:46 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Whoa there Primal. Now you're off base. To say Anime is better than American Animation is short sighted and dare-I-say, dumb. They are different, neither is superior. There are a shitload of high quality cartoons that come from American creativity. To say that anime is superior is to just be an annoying, close minded fanboy. In fact, if it weren't for Disney's Mickey, there would BE no anime. The Japanese saw Mickey and other Disney cartoons, decided that they wanted to do the same thing, and COPIED Disney's style (hence the large American eyes you see in most if not all anime). Their national style evolved differently than ours, and thus they have the general 'anime' look and we have hte general 'American' look to our cartoons.

There are bad cartoons made on BOTH sides of hte pond, and there are kickass cartoons made by each too. NEITHER is superior.

PostFri Apr 09, 2004 2:17 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Whoa there Primal. Now you're off base. To say Anime is better than American Animation is short sighted and dare-I-say, dumb. They are different, neither is superior. There are a shitload of high quality cartoons that come from American creativity. To say that anime is superior is to just be an annoying, close minded fanboy. In fact, if it weren't for Disney's Mickey, there would BE no anime. The Japanese saw Mickey and other Disney cartoons, decided that they wanted to do the same thing, and COPIED Disney's style (hence the large American eyes you see in most if not all anime). Their national style evolved differently than ours, and thus they have the general 'anime' look and we have hte general 'American' look to our cartoons.

There are bad cartoons made on BOTH sides of hte pond, and there are kickass cartoons made by each too. NEITHER is superior.

Thank you CP, I was so about to open a can of whoopass on "The Bliss"....

Anyway, Bliss, we do not take kindly to bashing American (Disney especially for me) cartoons here. You're more than welcome to say a series sucks but don't chu dare do the broad generalities here boy. Ok, I'm done.
PostFri Apr 09, 2004 3:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
primalbliss

Post subject:
Hmmm, I can see some people are touchy about their Disney. I will admit I like some of Disney's movies, but not their series. From growing up around Disney World it's easy to see. Disney is based towards kids and they always have been. How ever Anime creates for all ages. Sure Disney throws in context that adults can understand, but when was the last time they made a movie like Akira or Ninja Scroll? Hmm, that would be never. Face it Disney has a reputation to uphold and we will never see anything like that out of them. Japan may have copied Disney, but they did what they do to most things.... take an idea and make it better.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 12:02 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
*fetches popcorn and lawn chair*
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:04 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Disney movies and original shorts were not the entirely kid friendly fair you see today. Yes, Walt wanted kid friendly, but he wanted everything he did to be equally ejoyed by adults. Blame Eisner for the kidariffic montrossity that is Disney. Ninja Scroll isn't that good, highly over rated and Akira isn't the mind blowing masterpiece every anime fan claims it to be. Yes it's good, but that's all it is.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought Akira was kinda boring...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
primalbliss

Post subject:
They are what they are today, I am not talking about past. Present tense is Disney = Kids. Anyway I took two Japanime classics, the list can go on. Ninja Scroll over rated? You are the first person I have ever heard say that since seeing it 6 years ago. Walt may have wanted something different, but that Fortune 500 company still has its image to keep.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:19 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
from what i've heard they're trying to change their image
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I used Disney as a way to explain that if it weren't for American animation, there would BE no anime. At all. There would be no cartoons in the WORLD without Walt Disney himself.

Animation should not be defined in terms of where it comes from, it should be defined in terms of quality. So Disney is too kid friendly for you? Then you must also hate Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and Dual Monsters. Those are all kid friendly anime. So there is crap anime out there. So Disney doesn't make animation for adults? They don't need to. How many times have you watched the Simpsons, Family Guy, Adult Swim Comedy, South Park . . . We have other sources of adult animation in America.

I would argue that the animation for South Park is top notch because it fits the feel of the characters and plots and jokes so well. So don't tell me the animation is low quality.

So, to say that an entire nation's animation is crap, is to be ignorant. To say that an entire nations animation is brilliant is equally ignorant. I've never seen Akira or Ninja Scroll. I'm sure they are great. I have nothing against anime. However, an anime fan that says that American animation is all 'kid-friendly' or inferior is just plain ignorant and close minded.

I am a fan of animation. Be it from Japan, America, Italy, France, Russia, China, Korea, Austrailia, Britian, Lesotho, Tanzania, Morocco, or Delaware. I don't care where it comes from. I just like cartoons. Nothing is superior or inferior simple because of where it was made, or even it's intended audience.

PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:59 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
*sits back in a lawn chair for once*

You're doing a fine job CP, so far you've covered everything.

*looks over at Nobu and his popcorn*
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 4:43 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: