нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Explaining the world through evolution :)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Explaining the world through evolution :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
lol, one of the funniest posts you've made, FAK. I'd have to agree with FAK here (although I wouldn't have thought of that answer). I would like to add to the question--is this where things such as personality and emotion are shaped from (and thus why, for the most part, we are rugged thinkers (i.e., one bad bit won't make you crazy)?
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 11:56 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think it all has to do with how we are brought up. Everything we see factors into us, and at a young age, we are impreshionable. (Not in the way that OMSA thinks; seeing cartoon violence does NOT make us violent) But thats the only way to explain how diverse our likes and dislikes are as a society. I recently asked most of my friends what color their eyes were and what color eyes attracted them to someone. There was no correlation between one's own eye color and that of people who they are attracted too.

My hypothesis was that if you had, say, blue eyes then you would be attracted to brown eyes because it would be good for the offspring (Make more diverse offspring.) But I was wrong. A good amount of people, aobut 60% (VERY rough estimate), prefer their own eye color in other people.

The only thing to explain this would be that either we inherit what we like in the other sex from our parents genes (which would take far more research than I'm willing to do) or we develop our likes due to the experiencs in our lives. If we were to clone Hitler, he could be brought up to be a human rights activist for Jewish rights. That's not even an exageration, either.

Oh, and what's this I hear about the first human clone coming into this world in January? (You don't need to explain the process of cloning, I did a project on it a few years back. Just want to know who and why this is happening.)

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Nov 27, 2002 11:03 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
well we want to clone people because the world isn't over populated enough

if a corporation "clones" someone would they be a citizen or property?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Nov 27, 2002 12:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
And of course the Pope would have to deal with the whole 'soul' issue. I wonder how he's gonna handle THAT one. Maybe he'll just right the poor kid off as a demon and be done with it.

Poor kid, how the hell can he live a normal life?

PostWed Nov 27, 2002 3:34 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nonesense. Isn't it rather obvious that the new person has it's own soul--at least if you go by the belief system. Your soul wouldn't be based off genetics--how would you explain twins? It's just another person that happens to have the exact same genses as someone else, and should thus be ruled as such. A clone should have full human rights. After it all, a corporation isn't allowed to own a natural child, is it?
PostWed Nov 27, 2002 5:21 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
But scientists are gonna be hanging around this kid his whole life. AND he'll die earlier, depending on how old the original person is, his genes are already that old. (DNA has a string of molecules on each end that act as a 'buffer.' As the cells reproduce, the buffer wears away. Buffer gone = DNA wears away. Hence, death from old age. If his genes are 30 years old, he'll probably die around the age of 60, 70 if he's lucky.)

And about the soul thing, all I'm saying is that the Pope is gonna have to tackle the issue of whether or not this kid has a soul. I'm pretty sure that the church didn't want humans cloned because of some sort of soul issue.

PostWed Nov 27, 2002 5:47 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
But scientists are gonna be hanging around this kid his whole life. AND he'll die earlier, depending on how old the original person is, his genes are already that old. (DNA has a string of molecules on each end that act as a 'buffer.' As the cells reproduce, the buffer wears away. Buffer gone = DNA wears away. Hence, death from old age. If his genes are 30 years old, he'll probably die around the age of 60, 70 if he's lucky.)

Well, that's an over-simplified, yet somewhat accurate explanation of telemeres--and they're working on fixing that problem. Mmmmm... Retrovirus...
PostWed Nov 27, 2002 6:18 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Damn you and your technical school, you keep showing me up.

PostWed Nov 27, 2002 8:18 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
CP, about your thing that people like similar mates, DUH!! Of course people want their children to be like themselves. Those types of people would have more children with such an attitude, et cetera. (Even I would like to have a child like me, until I think about it. *shudders*) Cloning is just the next step. If you can get it to work, it's more reliable than mating. However, we will need a way to get past the Hayflick Limit.
PostWed Nov 27, 2002 10:38 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
We want similar mates, yet incest is disgusting. Granted, it's for a reason: it amplifies genetic flaws (heart disease, cancer rates, etc.) So we also want variety. So tell me, wouldn't it seem natural to be attracted to someone who is good for rearing children (We all know the various things men find attractive in women, no need to go over them), yet want someone with traits (eye color) that are different (and aslo not too importnat) so as to insure that said genetic amplifications don't happen?

Well, it seemed to make sense to me at the time I thought it up, and I didn't really spend too much time spell-checking my hypothesis. And yes, I would want a son like me, but not 100%. There are some aspects of me I hope he WOULDN'T get.

Thats all for now. Like I said before, I've been off my game recently.

PostWed Nov 27, 2002 11:17 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
unfortunately even the stupid people in thee world want offspring like them...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Nov 28, 2002 1:38 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Damn you and your technical school, you keep showing me up.

Ummm... that's 9th grade Biology...
PostFri Nov 29, 2002 10:13 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought my bio class kicked ass, but we never mentioned telemeres. I only have a basic knowledge of them because of a project I did way back in 7th grade. Wow, that was longer ago than I thought . . .

PostFri Nov 29, 2002 10:30 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Ah, the old, dusty memories of the Genetics class I took two years ago are coming back... of course, considering I hardly went to class and didn't really pay attention when I did, I don't know if my own knowledge will be much help... Very Happy Laughing

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Dec 02, 2002 3:34 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've been thinking recently about the concept of "Moral Law." Moral Law is the belief that there is a higher, overriding law that governs the actions of men.

People say that moral law must come from GOD, because each culture's moral laws have a few things in common, say Don't kill your mother and father. It is also said that evolution would not explain this convergence. Argal (nyuk, nyuk), it must be GOD.

What do you guys think?

. . . BUMP!!
PostSat Dec 21, 2002 11:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: