нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Wrestling Thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Wrestling Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject: Wrestling Thread
Since some of you are wrestling (including me), I'll just create this for discussion on wrestling, result, and ideas.
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 11:26 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
umm... wrestling?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 1:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I second that "umm... wrestling?"
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 7:25 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Yes.
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 9:21 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
you do realize that if you don't explain yourself I may have to lock or delete this thread right?

*hint hint... explain the wrestling, like "what/how are we wrestling"*
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 11:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
Wrestling eh?

hmm...hmmm, oh! I got it! Like the WWE's Monday Night Raw or something?

...its the only thing I could think of as wrestling.

well ...well,what's up with Kane and Stone Cold?
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 11:48 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
well, if this was like a year ago or so when i had time to watch both wwe raw and smackdown!, i'd be all over this thread, but alas, i've been limited to just watching smackdown for the past few months as my place of employment has taken a liking to keeping me at work on monday nights...

as such, i'm not really that up-to-date on what's been going on...the last ppv was a "raw only" show, so i didn't watch it at all...i think the next one is "smackdown only" so i might end up checking that out...my friends are saying that a smackdown event is coming to the phili area in september-october, so i may check that out too...

my man edge has been outta action for quite some time now...most of my other favorites are on raw, like chris jericho, goldberg, and christian, but again, it's been so long since i've watched the show i don't really know if that still applies anymore...

well, that's my attempt at sparking a conversation here...do with this thread what you will...
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 9:31 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
That is sad. You missed JR on fire filled with fake screams. Anyway, NWA has a new league called TNA(Total Nonstop Action) an I have results!

D-LO BROWN DEFEATED SONNY SIAKI
D-LO Brown defeated Sonny Siaki in the opening match of the evening and as a result received five minutes in the ring with Vince Russo at the end of the program. Brown got the win when interference from Trinity backfired.

JERRY LYNN DEFEATED JUSTIN CREDIBLE
Jerry Lynn beat Justin Credible in a brutal and bloody "Last Man Standing Match". In this match pinfalls didn't count, and each competitor had a 10 count to get to their feet after a pin occured. Jerry Lynn was the "Last Man Standing" and both men were exhausted following the match. TNA trainers attended to both men in the dressing room to close cuts on their heads.

CHRIS SABIN DEFEATED FRANKIE KAZARIAN
Chris Sabin defeated Frankie Kazarian when Senior Referee Rudy Charles reversed the decision. Referee Mike Posey had declared Kazarian the winner, but Charles pointed out that Kazarian had hit his "Wave of the Future" move on Sabin on top of the X Title belt and he ended up being disqualified as a result. Chris Sabin retains the X Title.

THE HARRIS BROTHERS DEFEATED NEW JACK & SHARK BOY
The Harris Brothers defeated New Jack & Shark Boy when New Jack fell victim to the H Bomb. After the match, the Harris Brothers unmasked Shark Boy, but New Jack quickly put another mask on him so his face was not revealed. The Harris Brothers then began to beat down New Jack but Shark Boy returned from the dressing room with his "Hulk Gloves" and chased the Harris Brothers from the ring.

ELIX SKIPPER DEFEATED AMAZING RED
Elix Skipper beat a returning Amazing Red when he was able to knock out Red with a set of scales while the referee wasn't looking. Red had been out of action for several weeks as a result of an injury and made his return to the ring with this match.

EDWARD CHASTAIN DEFEATED NORMAN SMILEY
Edward Chastain beat Norman Smiley with the Ground Zero Splash. Don Callis had issued a challenge to anyone who wanted to stand up for Hardcore Wrestling, and the former WCW Hardcore Champion answered the challenge but was unable to defeat the monsterous Chastain.

LEGEND DEFEATED JEFF JARRETT
These two had brawled all over the building all evening, but when it came time for the match Legend was able to get the better of Jarrett. It took help from Vince Russo, though. Russo came to ringside and was able to distract Jarrett long enough for Legend to get the win.

D-LO VS VINCE RUSSO
D-LO Brown won a chance to get five minutes in the ring with Vince Russo, but underestimated Russo, who had planned for such a situation. D-LO was outnumbered as AJ Styles, Sonny Siaki, Trinity, and Legend all came to Russo's aid in the match. Brown was overpowered and ended up being stuffed into the cage that he had intended to put Russo in.

From NWATNA.com
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 12:50 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
in a nobuyuki-like state of mind, i decided to look around for this old thing for a minor update...

for those that follow the wwf/e, smackdown! takes place in atlantic city this week...while it doesn't air until thursday, it's taped tuesday night and i had fourth row seats for the event, meaning i got some bragging to do...i'm not going to go into details of the event, since i'd hate it if someone were to spoil it for me, but i'll mention a few things in the general sense...

first off, we knew austin was going to be there, and being that me and my friends are fans of heels (wrestling speak for "bad guys"), we had a bunch of anti-austin signs ready to go ("austin fears o'douls", "f[skull]ck austin"), but they were taken at the gate...getting over that unpleasantness, i still had one blank side of a sign, and someone else snuck in a marker, so we recreated the "f[skull]ck austin" sign and hopefully got it on tv a few times (the marker was faded, so i dunno if it showed up all that well)

...and yes, it's already a definite that my signs will be on tv, as i'll be on the right edge of the screen (just beyond the right turnbuckles in the space between them and the announce table) for most of the night...look out for bright orange signs of "tajiri" in japanese, "mr. mcmahon > you", and our local fed "atw"...whether or not i'll actually be visible at anytime during the night i can't be sure of, but if you see an unshaven individual wearing a backwards black hat with hair shooting out the back, that'd be me...

the show itself was pretty good (seeing as it's the final televised lead-in to wrestlemania), and while i wasn't all that thrilled with the ending, it was definitely a fun night...be sure to check it out tomorrow night if you're following what's going on...
PostWed Mar 10, 2004 5:43 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
...got a weird string of errors that prevented the thread from being bumped from its current home on page 4/5, so hopefully this'll bump it...

[added: same result...damn, i'm too lazy to make a new thread though...]

Last edited by JJc14 on Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Mar 10, 2004 5:46 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Somehow, you managed to bump it.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostWed Mar 10, 2004 6:48 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
hmm...looks like it corrected itself...

not like it really matters, since toonamiL is likely the only one the least bit interested...
PostWed Mar 10, 2004 8:50 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I bumped it...
PostWed Mar 10, 2004 11:01 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
wow, this thread is old

Anyway, they hosted WWE Smackdown at Savannah and wanted to go, but no money. So...

Here's the news:

- Earlier today (well, yesterday), it was announced that Brock Lesnar told the company his last date for WWE would be at WrestleMania.

More news has came out on this story, and it appears that WrestleMania XX may mark Brock Lesnar's last date in the WWE permanently.

At the pre-show talent meeting at Tuesday's SmackDown tapings, Lesnar stood up in front of the Smackdown crew announced that he was leaving WWE after WrestleMania to pursue a career in the National Football League.

Lesnar had just recently signed a 7-year deal with the WWE. Apparently the company was made aware of this last week when Lesnar told Vince McMahon of his decision at Smackdown.

Lesnar met with Vince McMahon last week at Smackdown and voiced his concerns (travel schedule etc) and informed him at that time that he was going to leave WWE.

In addition to this, Lesnar has also reportedly been upset that he was going to have to put over the Undertaker’s Dead Man character after Mania. Lesnar reportedly wasn't happy that he would be in a feud with a guy who, by the nature of his character, doesn’t sell for his opponent.

Apparently, Lesnar even went as far as saying that he was miserable in the wrestling business. He said that he couldn't find anymore happiness in the industry.

In addition to this, he publically thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross and Gerry Brisco "for finding me in college," and thanked Big Show and Paul Heyman for all their help with his career.

At that point he told the SmackDown crew he wouldn't be back and he was said to be very emotional and wished everyone well.

The talent were obviously shocked by this statement and had mixed reactions. Some talent felt that this will open up opportunities for the talent.

Many had been critical of Brock’s “elitist� behavior of late and felt that he hadn’t payed his dues in the WWE. Many said he didn't deserve to be upset about not being pushed as a main-eventer. They are now saying that they can understand that he may have been that way because he was unhappy.

Suffice to say, WWE is losing one of its biggest stars, this time, it sounds like it is for good.
Credit: Dave Scherer @ PWInsider.com
PostThu Mar 11, 2004 1:58 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
I bumped it...

heh, sorry 'bout that...i sent you that pm when the board was under construction yesterday and my post was unable to bring the thread back to the front...looks like that got corrected real quick...

ToonamiL wrote:
Earlier today (well, yesterday), it was announced that Brock Lesnar told the company his last date for WWE would be at WrestleMania...

wow, i didn't see that coming...this makes a dull wrestlemania match somewhat interesting, because last i heard, goldberg's contract was not renewed and he was supposed to be leaving shortly after wrestlemania...

i wonder how this is going to pan out...
PostThu Mar 11, 2004 4:09 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: