нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Im going, who's coming with me?!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Im going, who's coming with me?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Well, screw the rest of y'all... WHO'S GOING TO ACEN* THIS YEAR?

*Anime Central

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 9:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
j0.
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 11:27 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Ludwika wrote:
What like women named Lorena coming at your willies with ginsu knives kind of bad?

No. That's a GOOD kind of bad...

Remember that when your girlfiend goes after you.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 11:49 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
waaait... they don't have cons in Arizona?...

Or Nebraska.
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 7:33 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
w00t leavin in an hour I'll post some photos later.
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 10:33 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I hate double posts.....

anyway I'll be spending the day draining my bank account and maybe saying hi to blade at the gaming room.

FUN FUN FUN!

Last edited by Zechs on Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 10:41 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Have a good time!!

P.S. Got my ACen reservation back this week. w00t!
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 10:41 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
My poor tootsies are in so much pain.....but it's good pain.

Got back about a half hour ago(2am) and only one word can describe my day.......W00T!. For no one's enjoyment outside of my own, and because taunting FDD is oh so much fun, it is time for a CON REPORT.

9:00AM-Awoke after another night of Anime Unleashed

9:10-Got dressed, showered, shaved, and...the other thing.

10:00- Packed a bag for the trip consisting of a Turkey Sandwich, a bag of chips, and a Snapple....oh and money....so much money...

11:00-Ride picks me up and the stupidly long drive to Orlando begins. Thanks to Mapquest for all our worthless map needs.

12:00-Counting my moneys

1:00PM-Still Counting....

2:00-Made it to the Con a half hour later than wanted to if I was going to meet up with Blade. At that moment though it didn't seem to matter. You do not understand Joy until you bask in the mighty glow of 3000 anime fans. In the four years I've seen anime, only on two occasions have I met another soul that knew even the simple definition of the word. Yet before my eyes were Vash's and Spikes, and Lupin's OH MY. It was like I'd walken into heaven and never wanted to leave, and this was just the lobby...

2:10-Overpayed for my Ticket(18$) and entered the Main Convention hall(aka the hall of infinite merchandise and bottomless wallets). Then simply stood there in a great awe, staring at the wonderous glory of creation....until the girl wearing a leather, Bondage-esqe leotard walked by walked by that is.

2:30-Trekked to the back in search of the Bladed one in the Gaming section. No such luck.

2:40- Make my first purchase at the Anime Palace Booth. NGE first Soundtrack and Cowboy Bebop OST1(20$)

3:10-Second purchase at Anime Pavillion. 08th MS Team wall scroll, and Ranma 1/2 Vol 2(25$).

4:00-By this time I'd covered about all the booths on the first floor from about 20 different Geek genre's. Three or four Star War booths, one swarming with about 10 Stormtroopers. About fourty Comic Book booths(these I pretty much stayed away from). About Twenty Anime and Eastern Imports booths. Then 100 or so other booths ranging from RPGs, gaming, T-shirts, Graphic Art, Toys, Pirated Video and the like.

4:10- Find George Lowe and nearly wet myself. Even though the line was short he spend so much time with each person it took quitet a while. One of the things he did for people was have them give him thier phone and then he'd leave a custom answering machine message at their house. One guys cell phone didn't work so George offered to go to the pay phone at the back. 'bout ten minutes later he comes back with an Ice Cream in his hand. We talk for a while and he signs my photo(20$). SNACK TIP!

4:20-Decide it's getting late and make one last stop on the way out at Mythwear to get a NERV wallet(10$). Yes, now I broke. For some reason though I could not find any of the Viewing Rooms and just sorta gave up by the end.

4:30- Call to get picked up and find it's going to be another hour and decide to walk back inside. When I do two things come to my attention. One, that at the same time Megacon was being held, a U.S. Cheerleeding convention was going on in the same place. Never before has I seen that many emancianted little 12 year olds with WAY too much makeup on, running around in one place. Gave me the willies. Seemed to do the same for the girls too. While walking around again I heard a Horrifying testimonial of a frightened member of the Orlando Spirit.

"OMG WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE WALKING AROUND IN COSTUMES WITH KNIVES AND CROSSES ON THIER BACKS"

The second thing I discovered was that on the way in I had missed a sign that said the Anime Clubs and Viewing Rooms were on the third floor. So I pack away my things and head on up

4:35-Make it to the third floor after trying desperatly to get out of the throngs of Cheerleaders blocking my path on the second. Find myself face to face with about 500 cosplayers in a line for the contest. After walking through and taking some pictures I step into the first theater showing Gundam Seed and stand in the back for the second episode. Have to say the animation is top notch and Character diesigns are alot better than I though they'd be. Accept for the worst looking Char ripoff yet.

4:55-Head back outside for some fresh air and to call my ride again to see if I can stay a little longer.

5:10-Head back inside and find my way into the Cosplay Competition that had just started. You never know how much effort these people put into thier costumes until you see them up close. On stage each person got about one minute and a half to do what ever they wanted. First up as I walked in was a Yuna from FFX-2 pistols and all. Next up was a Lupin that did a comdey bit from the show that got quite alot of laughs. Third was a girl from Guilty Gear with wings. Then a very nice Lulu that practically got a standing ovation. Folowed by a D from VHD who looked like Rob Zombie. Five people as the cast of One Piece. A Relena Peacecraft who seemed to really enjoy her charater while singing a love song to Heero. Then a Ryoga from Ranma 1/2. Oh god, then the horror show begins as two overwieght girls in Mu Mu's dressed up at Penelope and Pashmina of Hamtaro get on the stage. They procede in dancing to the theme song for thier entire segment. A remark from a Con worker standing next to me illustrated my feelings exactly

"Ow my eyes are burning, please god make it stop"

The next act made up for the pain I had to endure. It was a girl dressed up as Older Su from Love Hina. She was dressed in this costume. Amazingly she sang with the Opening theme and damn well I might add. The song is like nearly impossible to sing due to it's speed yet somehow this girl did it nearly flawlessly.....and she was HOT too ^_^

5:30-Leave the room after a girl from Saber Marionet J gets on and passes by the viewing room for a second to look at CB the movie. Head back down stairs, finish off my roll of film and realunctantly head out.

6:00-10:00:Spend the rest of the night at Downtown Disney looking through shops and eating at a resuturant in Port Orleans for dinner.

10:00-1:00am: Ride home was pretty uneventful. Oh except for getting in the middle of a high speed pursuit between one guyin a Caddy and about 15 police cars.

1:10am-5:30am: Writing this and listenin to my CDs.

Last edited by Zechs on Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 5:20 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
You're lucky I can supress my urge to kill you right now. Now I have to go to a con otherwise my life will never be complete.
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
heh, makes your avatar more appropriate. Thats you standing in the desert of arizona, and Zechs is speeding past on his way to the con ^_^
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 2:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
yay got my pics back!.....but the one of stanley tweedle came out all fuzzy.
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 2:33 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: