нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park - Summer Sanitarium Tour
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park - Summer Sanitarium Tour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject: Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park - Summer Sanitarium Tour
Or, alternatively titled: Lars, what have you done??!!

Okay, rock fans, I don't know how many of you have heard about this tour with the three bands co-headlining, but I would just like to take this moment to say: whaf**k?

I was of the opinion that Metallica, and more specifically everyone's favourite motor-mouthed drummer, abhorred Limp Bizkit, following the whole Napster thing. And now they are touring together? Is anyone else confused? I also thought that Metallica would have better taste than that. Just my opinion, I really don't like nu-metal. What do you guys think?

I'd also like to add that Metallica have confirmed themselves for the Reading/Leeds weekend in august over here in the UK. However if I want to see them, I also have to put up with a really shitty rumoured line-up: Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Bowling For Soup.... I'm really not sure I want to pay £100 for a weekend ticket (because if you camp, which I would have to to see Metallica headline as I wouldn't be able to get home) for that.
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 8:38 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
[added note: the views expressed here are merely my opinion, and therefore should not be taken as personal shots for fans of acts ridiculed within this post...i hold respect for any musical act that can write their own material and play their own music, and that likely (though i don't really know) includes the following groups mentioned...just keep in mind the difference between "respect" and "like"]

damn, a friend of mine told me this a few days ago and i thought he was just messing with me...i suddenly don't feel so good...

unfortunately, this seems to be a common trend for experienced bands to tour/play with new acts as some vain attempt to stir up renewed interest (after all, to see aerosmith in concert, i've had to stomach kid rock, run dmc, and andrew w.k. in the past)

it really is unfortunate to think that metallica needs this crutch, that there are really people who believe the band can't tour alone and hold their own anymore...just reading that last sentence, man, it's almost criminal...

i HAVE to see metallica live though, which really hurts because it'd be a tossup between rap, pop, and these two "bands" opening for them for what i'd consider to be the worst music to ever listen too...oh, wait, these guys blend rap into their fading pop acts; guess that answers my question...

::sigh:: ...guess you gotta tread through hell to get to heaven...
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 10:24 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I guess I'm on the other end of this . . .

Ok, I don't think these bands should tour together at all. But for me, the only band out of the three that I would want to see is Linkin Park. Say what you want, but I like their music. I don't happen to like Metallica or Limp Bizkit, (I respect Metallica, except for their vile hatred of Napster which really pisses me off) and any way you slice it, they should not be touring together. The sounds are too different to really appeal to people.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 10:53 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
the official tour bands are metallica, limp buttwax, linkon park, Deftones, and Mudvayne. So far I think that['s all that is official. They did make an announcement that metallica was making a new album harkening back to their earlier days supposedly. The album is called (at least for now) "St. Anger".

As for the band lineup choices... limp buttwax should have left the musical arena about 4 years ago, linkon park has some talent when it comes to playing (I'm looking forward to hearing what direction their new album is heading it, it will determine if I follow the band or not past their first album.... if they continue with the lame ass remix thing I['m dropping them so fast), Deftones are hit and miss- some of their songs are good and I like them some I wish I could see them take a physical shape and get run over on the freeway by a mac truck, don['t know very much about mudvayne though.

Last years summer sanitarium was powerman 3k, system of a down, kid rock, korn, metallica. powerman put on a pretty good show, system was alright, kid rock was only good because of all the girls taken various articles of clothing off, korn was ok, metallica sounded frickin awesome.... for a stadium. the accoustics in stadiums SUCK. the sound kept reverberating and started cancelling each other out, the only place that had a rad concert was floor which I wasn['t in.

So, what does all this mean? Use Limp Buttwax as your snack, food, and drink getting time (that['s what I used kid rock for) and floor is INCREDIBLY WORTH IT on this tour., the seating has a huge chance of sucking balls. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention all of the beer and nacho cheese cups that were raining down upon us (sometiems still full or still in their unopened cans) when it took metallica 30+ minutes to get in stage after korn. floor/field did not have that problem. I saw one girl get smacked in the head with a full can of beer. No, not a pretty scene, they calmed right down though once metallica came out. music sooths the angry beast... especially angry music.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 12:04 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
God Damn, The one chance I might get to see the band THAT KICKS UNFATHOMABLE ASS(Metallica) in concert they have to tour with the bands I HATE MOST!

Why does god hate us so....
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 2:43 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I can tell you the approximate lineup order it will be.

mudvayne, def tones, limp buttfuck, linkon park, then metallica (buttfuck and linkon could be switched) and actually it['s convienient not to like one or two of the bands as it then gives you time to eat and drink and potty. and remember this: the first three bands will play for 30-60 minutes, the fourth band will play for 60-90 minutes, and metallica will play for about 3-6 hours. yes, HOURS. when I whent to the summer sanitarium tour last time they had like 4-5 encore perfomances. of 45-60 minutes each. it like starts at 4 or 5 int he afternoon and ends well past midnight.

so a quick breakdown of the night:

3 opening bands from 4pm-6pm
fourth band from 6pm-7.5pm
metallica from (ranges between 7.5-8)pm-(ranges between 1 and 2am)

I call that a good night of music. don['t beafraid to be late and miss a band or two, you still get your moneys worth.

PostFri Feb 07, 2003 11:22 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Huh, I guess they figured out that most people would rather just leave after Metallica was done so they put them last
PostSat Feb 08, 2003 6:53 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
metallica is the headliner... headliners ALWAYS go last. they try to get a crescendo of enthusiasm and stuff going so by the time metallica coems out you are so pumped you are ready to headbang to just about anything, they could play a stirring rendition of its a small world and you['d be all {"HELL YA MAN!!! I FUCKIN LOVE THIS SONG! IT{"S A SMALL WORLD, HELL YAH!{" only with less {['s

PostSat Feb 08, 2003 1:32 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
Metallica has nailed the coffin for me. I still love Metallica, they hold a special place in heart. AND, I must see them live before I die. My father and me are huge fans, so we won't miss out. Plus, I dug Mudvayne so it won't be so bad.
PostSat Feb 08, 2003 5:12 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
really the only band I trully want to miss is limp. Linkon Park does have some talented players in the band, Mudvayne I don['t really remember anything they did, but I have a recollection of them not being bad, the def tones are an alright band, not great but again not bad.

though I don['t want to miss the metallica fans (hopefully) jumping on stage and whooping the crap outta fred durst. that['d be sweet.

PostSat Feb 08, 2003 6:33 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
Well, by the last stretch of the tour, we could be seeing Lars (or my personal hope cuz he's a big guy, James) jumping onstage to beat on Durst. A girl can dream.....
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 5:44 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
actually I think I['d rather see the kids of linkon park beat durst up. goddamn that['d be highlarious.

PostSun Feb 09, 2003 12:38 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I hate Fred Durst, especially after that fake contest! How low can you go?

I like Linkin Park but there are tow things I would never do:

1) never use their songs for an AMV
2) never see them in concert

Honestly, I'd be too scared to go a rock concert, I'm very fragile. An Ayu or MoMusu concert would be much better for me...like I'll be going to Japan anytime soon!
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 10:36 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
rock concerts are overrated, and actually most guys at a rock concert will look out for girls. a friend of mine (who is 85 lbs and 5'2") goes all the time to concerts, guys will actually offer to put her on their shoulders so she can see better. as long as you don['t try to make your way to the front of the crowd (if your on the floor) there is no danger whatsoever. if you['re up in the seated area, there is nothing at all you gotta worry about unless metallica takes its sweet ass time to get on stage and people start throwing stuff, but then you just take your friends jacket and use it like a shield.

PostMon Feb 10, 2003 12:47 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
What fake contest?

And there are very few bands that I'd actually like to see live, just because I'm not really heavy into music, and going into the midst of a crowd isn't something I like; I'm not a people person. Especially not massive amounts of people. I'd only really want to see Linkin Park, Boxcar Racer, Blink 182, possibly Green Day, and Ben Folds (had I been a fan earlier I could have SEEN Ben Folds . . . grr)

I wonder how many of you on this board know Ben Folds music . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 3:53 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: