нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I bought RAW 2! Whoosh! May not excite you and you may think I'm an idiot for buying such a game, but hey, people are prone to opinions, like the facts I have an opinion that Gamepro has too many article on the PS2. That's Console-ist (Think sexist or racist, but with consoles).
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 5:35 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I wish Capcom would release Mega Man on the X-Box. I meant, anyone, except BN, cause it's BS. Maybe they can have a Mega Man X Compilation for the X-Box with improved graphics for 1, 2, and 3. I wish....
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 4:42 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
WWE RAW 2 X-Box Review

As of lately, WWE games have been lacking to give the gamer what they need. No Mercy for the N64 was the one of the best WWE titles out there and after playing with that, they started to lack. Now, with the release of WWE Raw 2, maybe this will bring gamers back to wrestling. Maybe...

To start WWE Raw 2 is the sequel to the first X-Box wrestling game to come out. WWE Raw was an impressing showing of graphics, but lacked some things: Controls, Sounds, and everything in-between. It was a good game if you saw past that, but that's only when you're a wrestling fan. The follow-up improves on all those areas and some others to make it a fun game.

For one, there are no hidden characters. Many think this will suck, but if you remember the last game, you should be happy. Raw 2 features 64 current-or-non WWE superstars to keep your interest alive. The game is top-notch in graphics, though since some of the characters were made a few months before release, some will not have the detail of the actual superstar. The main problem with the graphics are how the RAW entrance looks while the others lag behind with a repetitive look. Also, why didn't they update the Smackdown! entrance.

Sound is very well-done. All the music is there in high-quality and even the voice of the announcers make the game even better. One problem with the sound field is that you don't hear anything from the superstars themselves. When a dialogue is going, you don't get anything sound bites and shockingly, no subtitles in place of that. This would have been better any of those two.

The controls are now a must. The original Raw tried to mix elements from No Mercy with some of their which turned out to be diasterous. For one, the action button did everything including pin, taunt, back turn, irish whip, get in/out of ring and grapple weapon. This caused frustration to me and others. Luckily, they tone it down where it back turns, irish whips, climb, and in/out. With ease on the control, you can now taunt (up or down) with the Right Analog, Pin with the Y, and Grapple weapons with the X. This may confuse some at the beginning, mostly putting weapons in the ring, but it becomes second nature.

With controls at good hands, the gameplay had improve. The last game had the worse reversal system ever. It seemed like the AI was cheating. Now, they replaced the counter and block button and combine them both which gives you easier play. The AI is still a cheater, but it's more better than before except when they pin 5 times in a row and the 5th one, you kick out. You get the picture. Also, the ladder matches are not easy. Most likely, you will be frustrated knowing that you fell off and the computer won the match. Plus, there's a glitch in Season Mode where your enemy will most likely attack your opponent, not you. Those are major problems.

The best feature of the whole game is the Create-A-Superstar Mode. Not only can you use customizable songs, but you can time the pyro, create light effects or a very limited original titontron for your guy or gal. The detail is heavy as you are given less moves, which is a good thing since you focus on how your wrestler be. Greatly, this has improve more than the last one except that they removed the giant smiley face. I like that face.

Overall, this game is better than most other WWE games right now. With a good roster, game type, season, and Create-A-Superstar mode, you can't go wrong. Is it better than the first? Yes. Is it a good successor to No Mercy? I'll say yeah on this one.

Graphics: 2.0
Sound: 2.0
Controls: 2.0
Gameplay:2.0
-----------------
Score: 8.0

Bonus: 0.5+ for extensive CAS

Total Score: 8.5
PostMon Oct 06, 2003 7:47 pm
GashouseGorilla

Post subject:
That Mega Man compilation has me really excited. All the Mega Man games plus bonuses on one game? Its just too much for me to ask!! AAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAAA!!
PostMon Oct 06, 2003 9:40 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I played the FFXI beta version, and it's not that great at all. The battle system is VERY lacking, if you are standing behind the enemy and it attacks away from you, you still get hurt. Graphics are prett good though.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed Oct 08, 2003 1:51 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the whole Half-Life 2 scandal here.
I saw the HL2 preview video, and OMG that was soo sweet. I must play it.

peace
PostWed Oct 08, 2003 1:55 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Did you hear they pushed back the release date to rewrite the code?
PostWed Oct 08, 2003 9:08 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
yep, but many people are downloading the game as we speak. Only reason I'm not is cause my computer parts haven't come in yet...j/k
I want the final version, I'm sure it'll be much better.
peace
PostWed Oct 08, 2003 9:22 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Same here. This version is most likely extremely buggy, and it probably won't run on this computer anyway.
PostWed Oct 08, 2003 9:35 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - November 18th - Nuff' said
PostTue Oct 14, 2003 9:22 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
anyone know if you can fix an LCD on a GBA?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 6:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
...no...but i do know Guilty Gear X2 is the best fighting game EVER baby....I heard jack 2 was mad good too, but i'm not sure. Isnt final fantasy XI 6 gig!?!?!?!?!? thats insane!
PostTue Oct 28, 2003 3:54 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
A week before the game was supposed to be publicly revealed, the first screenshots and character renders of Final Fantasy XII have been printed in the Japanese magazine Shonen Jump.

Two major characters have been revealed so far, a man and woman named Van and Ashe. Ashe wields a sword in her picture, a departure for most Final Fantasy heroines. Also shown in the first shots are such Final Fantasy staples as a chocobo-mounted soldier and an airship.

FFXII is already known to contain a number of key staff from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and several elements of FFTA appear to be making their way into this new title. One picture includes a Bangaa, the species of yellow lizard-like creatures that fought alongside Marche in FFTA. Some have also speculated that the silhouette above the game's logo is a FFTA Judge, though it is a bit early to tell.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 15, 2003 7:43 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nintendo's attempts to retain its share in the $8 billion videogame hardware and software market are apparently not fading at all, as it today announced that it will reveal a new device at E3 in Los Angeles next year.

Whether it's the successor to the Gamecube or a new model of Game Boy Advance or something entirely different is unknown, of course, but that doesn't mean speculation won't be swift and ludicrously out of whack with reality.

The company posted a 2.89 billion yen ($26.56 million/€22.8 million) loss for the fiscal year's first half earlier this morning, apparently due to poor sales of the Gamecube combined with the yen's recent gains, which reduced the value of its overseas assets by over 40 billion yen. Of course, nothing is really wrong with Nintendo's profits - before you start crying wolf - as it still expects to close off the financial year with 18.97 billion yen in the bag.

Although this loss is the first in the company's history, experts predict that Nintendo may gain an advantage over its competitors in the next generation of games consoles, should it be the first out the door with the most powerful graphics support.

Senior Managing Director Yoshihiro Mori said he hopes the device will be able to go on sale both in Japan and abroad simultaneously.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 15, 2003 7:43 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Reuters is reporting this today that IBM has built a supercomputer the size of a television, of which the technology will be used in future game consoles due out next year, most specifically as the foundation of Nintendo's next generation of gaming consoles. The supercomputer is said to perform two trillion calculations per second, is a small scale prototype of the Blue Gene/L supercomputer that IBM is building for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, and uses 1,000 microprocessors based on the PowerPC microchip technology.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 38 of 57

Jump to: