нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Who Misses Old Toonami?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Who Misses Old Toonami?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was AS a the time, but ending a show that deals intangibly, if at all, with the subject in the war is fishy at best. You can't say that people could claim a fictional show about war, which teaches the lesson that "war is bad" is going to get taken off the air because some knife-toting religious extremist crashed a plane into a building.
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 11:30 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You can when there are images of missles crashing into buildings (which I remember was removed from SOME show on CN for the sole reason that 9/11 happened.) or images of ANYTHING crashing into ANYTHING populated. Such as the colony dropping to Earth.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 2:25 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
They removed an epsode of DBZ that had something blowing up a buliding (it may have even been a plane, but I don't remember), and they removed the Teddy Bomber episode of Cowboy Bebop.
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 2:31 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
You can when there are images of missles crashing into buildings (which I remember was removed from SOME show on CN for the sole reason that 9/11 happened.) or images of ANYTHING crashing into ANYTHING populated. Such as the colony dropping to Earth.

I still say it's fishy...

As for the Teddy Bomber episode, they also dropped episode 8 (Waltz for Venus) and episode 6 (but that one sucked anyway).
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 2:35 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was just thinking about Toonami memories myself.

3 hour block: don't miss it.
TOM1: miss him a lot.
Music videos and fanart: miss them a lot.
Shows I'd like to see aired again (they don't even have to be on Toonami, just sometime on CN): Reboot, Sailor Moon, Tenchi, MS Gundam, Outlaw Star, Cardcaptors, Gundam Wing.
*sigh* those were the days.

We so need a Toonami channel.
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 9:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zer0

Post subject:
And another thing I loved....the Outlaw Star promos! "Time to rool the dice" and "time to lay the cards on the table". You gotta love those! oh, and the two min. GW promo got me hooked on toonami as well. "Parden our dust" another good one. And is it just me, or did Endless Waltz premeire around Christmas on inflight movies? I think so, b/c I remember it was snowing at my house, and it was Xmas on Endless waltz too, it was so cool! Well thats all of my rambling for now......

"Memories...in the coner of my mind......"
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 9:39 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zer0 wrote:
And is it just me, or did Endless Waltz premeire around Christmas on inflight movies? I think so, b/c I remember it was snowing at my house, and it was Xmas on Endless waltz too, it was so cool!

It premiered around Thanksgiving, actually.
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 10:47 pm
raeesmerelda

Post subject:
Does anyone else remember the REALLY old Toonami? I'm not even sure it was called that yet. There was Sailor Moon, Voltron, Thundercats, and Robotech, though I'm not sure of the order. In between they played the really old Superman cartoons. I'm thinking that was in 1996, because I remember coming home from 6th grade in the fall and watching it.
Ok, that was a long time ago.
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 11:20 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I'm not quite that old school...
PostSat Aug 02, 2003 7:48 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Heh, I didn't even get Cartoon Network until spring of 1997. First show I saw on Toonami was DBZ. That's what pulled me in.

PostSat Aug 02, 2003 8:17 am
GunSlinger

Post subject:
i miss when there was more gundam to fill that void that you had most of all i miss gundam wing and 08ms team(i did not see much of it),
also some old school MS gundam. i dont like G gundam theres no guns.oh well it will do intell Zata
PostSat Aug 02, 2003 10:26 pm
ghost_hax0r

Post subject:
now all gundam is,is just a bunch of panzy ass bitches running around in spandex with playing cards glues to there hands. every episode...."MASTER!!!!AHHH MASTER!!!!AHHHHHH MASTER!!!! KIOJI!!!!AHHH KIOJI!!! AHHHHHH!!!!" thats all he says anymore. it was alright the first couple times they aired the ENTIRE SERIES... they need to bring back the other gundam series.
PostMon Aug 04, 2003 12:59 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: There are good newbs, and there are bad noobs.
raeesmerelda: A lot of us remember the first incarnation of Toonami. I think the order went: sailor Moon, Johnny Quest, and then a rotation between Reboot, Robotech, Voltron, Thundercats, and a few other.
Gunslinger and ghost guy: they have to show something they haven't on occasion whether its good or bad. Granted, both OLS and Gundam Wing were fantastic animes, they got old after thier fourth or fifth showing. But I admit, it is about time for CN to air those particular animes.
To Ghost specifically: for crying out loud, use some punctuation. Capitalization would also help. And about your seething hatred for G-Gundam and DBZ, many of us have those as well, but many more people have very very bad taste (let's call them "Toonami's Target audience). Now let's say for a minute that Cartoon Network can get a very cheap rate on a sub-par anime. Now let's say that a bunch of ADD, oversugured, undernurtured kids get home from day care. What are they going to like more: something that causes them to think, or senseless action. I'll give you two guesses. It's all about ratings, and DBZ pulls them in. Granted, G-Gundam isn't as good at it, but that's why it only gets a few airings, while DBZ hasn't left Toonami since introduced to it.
Ah... the days of Moltar...
PostThu Aug 07, 2003 1:56 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Bono, Ghost is gone, he's no more than a bad memory. Let it go . . .

PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:27 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: