нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rants of a Japanofile
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rants of a Japanofile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLG

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
I guess you want research right, you messed wit the wrong person then if you tryin to make me feel stupid.
http://www.essaysample.com/essay/001892.html
Did you know that %20 percent of the population in North
America listen to rap? This also comes from a racist dumbass that doesnt like rap and likes to list all the bad things about it. You should have done more research if you want to beat me in this argument. All you did was get lyrics from a crazy rapper in 1993 that doesnt even rap anymore. Believe me, I know more people than you and I can guarantee that all them even the girls like rap. I come from a latino/black city to back dat up too.

oh, WOW! 20% vs. say,.... the 80% that DOESN'T. As for your claim that I am a racist, that is a personal attack on me, which is unsubstantiated as well as laible. And since I doubt you know what liable is- let me explain it to you- it is written defamation of a person and or idea. In other words- slander in writing. And excuse me, but YOU did NOTHING but ignore the fact that there IS infact, bad things to rap. And as I stated before, I DO like some rap. There are probably songs out there that I haven't heard that I would like, but why should I bother looking for them when I don't bother looking for other stuff either? And as you pointed out, you come from a Latino/Black community- thus making your claims automatically biased. I'm from Vegas- we HAVE no singular identification. You'll see just as many Asians as there are blacks, whites, latinos, hispanics, Europeans, ect. And by the way, if you wanted to REALLY counter my point, try looking up lyrics WITHOUT Racist messages, violence and sex. See how many hits you get.

And for the record, I don't need to make you look stupid- you do it well enough on your own.
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 3:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
The Game- Dreams
[Verse 1]

I woke up out dat coma, 2000 and 1
Bout the same time Dre dropped 2000 and 1
Three years later the album is done
Aftermath presents: Nigga Witta Attitude Volume 1
Rap critics politicin
Wanna know the outcome!
Ready to die, Reasonable Doubt and Doggystyle in one
I feel like Pac, after the Snoop Dogg trial was done
Dre behind the G-Series and All Eyez On Me
I watched the death of a dynasty!
So I told Vibe Magazine
Workin' with Dr.Dre was a "DREAM!"
I had visions of makin' a classic
Then my wall turned black,like I was starin outa Stevie Wonders glasses
It's kinda hard to imagine,like Kanye West
Comin back from a fatal accident, to beat makin' and rappin'
But, we da future
Whitney Houston told me that, it's gon take mo' than a bullet in a heart to hold me back

[Hook]
Blushin' in this 40 ounce
Lettin the ink from my pen bleed
Cuz Marthin Luther King had a "DREAM"
Aaliyah had a "DREAM"
Left Eye had a "DREAM"
So I reached out to Kanye and "brough you all my dreeam"
How is this for your 'lyrics' LLG. How many genres of music other than rap are there for the other 80% of the US to listen to? Download this song and try listening to the whole thing see if you like it. As for me lookin stupid, I might be stupid but not a prideless,retarded, piece of shit like you LLG. What do you mean my statements are biased because I come from a black/latino community.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 4:33 pm
LLG

Post subject:
It's like asking someone leaving Yankee Staduim if they like baseball. That's what I mean by biased. And no, before you make ANOTHER false accusation, I do not believe all Black and Latino people like rap. As for the lyrics, that is just one song. the number offensive lyrics out-numbers the non-offensive lyrics. The reason I was upset is because you had earlier claimed that rap did not have racism. That is not true. And even though I presented older examples of offensive rap, I can very easily find modern rap that is just as offensive and racist if not more.

As for the other 80%:

Blues
Jazz
R&B
Rock
Classic Rock
Punk rock
Metal
Heavy Metal
Pop
Techno
Industrial
Celtic
Classical
Opera
Songs from Musicals
Country
Gossple
Ect.

And I'll bet people who listen to rap ALSO listen to alot of these other genres as well.

As for me being a "prideless, retarded, piece of shit," perhaps you should invest in a dictionary and look up the meaning of biased before you get your feathers in a ruffle. Oh, and while you're at it, you may want to get a thesuarus and grammer dictionary. And stop making liable statements about me. They have no foundation, are defaming, and are unnessecary and uncalled for. If you want to actually make a coherant argument, get the facts first, and in order. Thus far I have presented far more evidence than you have, and mine is stronger. You back your claims with calling people racist for disagreeing with you. You call people racist far too much. You know what the meaning of racism is? It is to discriminate against another simply because of the color of their skin, their ethnic background, or social status. I have not ONCE made a racist statement- merely disagreed with you and you have persisted in calling me a racist. Take a look in the Mirror, Vegito- YOU'RE the one whose racist- and you don't even know what I look like or who I am.
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 4:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
1)Learn how to spell.
2)Find the exact moment where I say LLG, you are racist.
3)Let me see that modern example of racist lyrics.
4)You did not give more evidence than me.
5)Some white people are racist(NOT SAYING ANYONE HERE IS).
6)How is this for more lyrics:
Kanye West-Jesus Walks
Yo, We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism, and most of all we at war with ourselves
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me) with me with me with me [fades]

You know what the Midwest is?
Young & Restless
Where restless Niggaz might snatch your necklace
And next these Niggaz might jack your Lexus
Somebody tell these Niggaz who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death is
Top floor the view alone will leave you breathless Uhhhh!
Try to catch it Uhhhh! It's kinda hard hard
Getting choked by the detectives yeah yeah now check the method
They be asking us questions, harass and arrest us
Saying "we eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Huh? Yall eat pieces of shit? What's the basis?
We ain't going nowhere but got suits and cases
A trunk full of coke rental car from Avis
My momma used to say only Jesus can save us
Well momma I know I act a fool
But I'll be gone til November I got packs to move I Hope

[Hook x2]
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long

To the hustlas, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers
(jesus walks with them)
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah
(jesus walks with them)
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cuz we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?
Well let this take away from my spins
Which will probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I'm dreaming about
Next time I'm in the club everybody screaming out

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks)
The only thing that that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
Rap is not the only music I listen to but it is the main thing I listen to. You dont know what I look like or who I am.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 5:07 pm
LLG

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
1)Learn how to spell.
2)Find the exact moment where I say LLG, you are racist.
3)Let me see that modern example of racist lyrics.
4)You did not give more evidence than me.
5)Some white people are racist(NOT SAYING ANYONE HERE IS).

1)You first. I've had fewer mis-spellings than you have, and far fewer grammatical errors as well.
2)
Vegito1471 wrote:
This also comes from a racist dumbass that doesnt like rap and likes to list all the bad things about it.

"Also." That implies that you believe that I, too, am a "racist dumbass" as you SO eloquently put it.

3)
[50 Cent]
Yea faggot, if I want it I'm gon' have it
Regardless if it's handed to me or I gotta grab it
Don't make a ass outta yaself tryin to stop me
I'm cocky, rap's Rocky, nigga you sloppy
You know that I'm, 8 levels above you nigga
I'll plug you nigga, I never heard of you nigga, ugly nigga
I'm the wrong one to provoke
You rattin on niggas is only gon' leave you smoked
So the only thing left now is toast for these cowards
I got no friends, fuck most of these cowards

[B.I.G.]
Militant, y'all faggots ain't killin shit
Ooops Cristal keep spillin shit, you overdid it homes
You in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone
Hold hands and say it like me
The most shady, Frankie baby, fantastic
Graphic, tryin to make dough, like Jurassic
Park did quick to spark kids who start shit
See me, only me
The Underboss of this holocaust
Truly yours, Frank White

[Lloyd Banks]
I got a hindu gangstress who argues and steams the reefer
And flip when I call her bitch like she Queen Latifah
Now all the vehicles is long enough to stash the streetsweeper
This shit can get uglier than the Master P sneaker
I'm slidin through the ruckus, wit Prada on the Chuckers
Soon as spring break ho's home from college wanna fuck us
I ain't here to drop knowledge on you suckas
I'll sick rottweiler's on you fuckas, cops followin to cuff us
Top dollars to discuss this, whole lotta zeros

[Chorus (x3): Busta Rhymes]

We got the real live shit from front to back
To my niggaz in the world, where the fuck you at?
Where my niggaz is at? [2X]
Where my real live my bitches?
Where my bitches is at?

4) yes I did. Not only did I give four examples of offensive lyrics, but I actually had answers for your claims.

5) White people aren't the only ones who are racist. Anyone can hate anyone, but when their only reason for their hatred is the color of their skin, then it is racism.

6) Well, that's two against... what? Five? The Lyrics I quoted are all from the same song on the album "Bad Boy's 10th Anniversary... The Hits"
which was released in 2004. And before you can say "well, "nigga" isn't really being racist." The hell it isn't. Why is it alright for them to call themselves and each other that and then turn around an call it racism when another does it? It isn't. Also, the fact that they call people "Faggots" goes towards my case. It is a derogitory, bigotrious slang term used to describe homosexuals in a demeaning and defamating manner.
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 5:35 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rap Lyrics are racist. Not all, no. But lots. And no against white people. I'm sorry if you disagree, but any time that a black person says "Nigga" or its derivatives, it's racist. The whole "They can say it but we can't" is shit. No one should say it if it's that offensive.

There is good and bad everything. I don't know anything by the Game. I know of him, and think he has a dumb name, but I don't know any of his music. So I can't comment on him. But all I have to do is point out "Right Thur" as an example of SHIT ON A STICK.

But that goes back to the fact that the radio sucks.

There's a ton of good underground rap.

There's also some good old school rap.

There's also shitty, shitty rock on the radio. There's also SO MUCH good rock, or all different genres. I know more about rock than I do about rap merely because I generally like it more.

The thing is, you all need to understand, no matter what you listen to, or watch, it needs to be viewed both objectively, and subjectively. For example, I like Blink 182. That's subjective. It's catchy. Objectively speaking, a lot of their songs sound alike, and it really isn't that intricate or special. It's pop punk. It makes the little tweenage girls feel like they're "punks" and "hardcore".

So if you like rap, you need to be able to view it both as individual parts, and as a whole. There is shiity rap, there is racist rap (new and old), there is lack of ingenuity.

But you also need to look and see that there IS great rap, there IS rap about topics that are serious and should be granted an ear to, and there is ingenuity.

You just need to be able to distinguish and be willing to separate both your objective and sujective selves.

And be away that this is the internet. Insults mean nothing, and no one is going to change their mind based off of what you say.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 5:52 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Alright, I agree with CP but LLG has it all wrong, We call each other nigga because its the other "dude". When a white guy like Eminem says it no one has a problem with it but if he said NIGGER, the old and wrong way to say then we might have an epidemic. At my school I hear and say that like 100 times in 2 days. We have to explain this to our teachers alot. No white person will ever understand. After those past white people in the past did so much to blacks, now some of them try to be like us, I hate it. I need a few more of my people to join this forum.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 6:15 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Um, just like with anything the radio caters to the lowest common denom and it's the same with any music genre.

Good Rap does exist, Kanye West is an awesome artist his lyrics and music are great there's no denying that, Black Eye Peas are the same. Beastie Boys, DMC, LLCoolJ and all the early rap was inventive and fun. It all depends on your individual tastes. The difference between them and the rap that a lot of people hear are that they incorporate music throughout their songs, it's not just 2mins of talking with a 30second hook. That is what I don't enjoy out of personal taste. Rap is poetry, I'm not a fan of poetry so I'm not a fan of Rap especially poetry I can't relate to growing up in a white suburban community. Has nothing to do with race or lyric content or whatever.

Bashing people for their musical tastes is not what this thread is about, infact it's about the ignorance of shunning music because of preconcieved notions. Please don't exemplify what I was trying to condemn
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 6:36 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd just like to add this to the debate: those who resort to name calling or insults tend to be hidding the fact that they know they are wrong.

Also
Vegito1471 wrote:
Alright, I agree with CP but LLG has it all wrong, We call each other nigga because its the other "dude". When a white guy like Eminem says it no one has a problem with it but if he said NIGGER, the old and wrong way to say then we might have an epidemic.

Well geeez, wonder why that is? It wouldn't by chance have to do with the fact that if a white person says Nigga or nigger out loud, that they are sued by NAACP and have their careers and lives destroyed, forever being branded a racist.

Its a double standard and even if one uses the "correct" way to say Nigger, based on their dialect or accent, it may sound like nigger.

Rap doesn't have to have cursing or racism to be good. Hell, Will Smith even said that.

When ever i see African Americans use that term, it irates me to no end. It pisses me off almost as much as me having to pay more on my insurance because women are "better drivers". But that is an argument for another time.
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 6:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Bashing people for their musical tastes is not what this thread is about, infact it's about the ignorance of shunning music because of preconcieved notions. Please don't exemplify what I was trying to condemn

I have to side with Zechs here. Too much hating going on in this thread.

Everyone needs to take it down a notch (or two). V_(^-^)
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 8:00 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
Alright, I agree with CP but LLG has it all wrong, We call each other nigga because its the other "dude". When a white guy like Eminem says it no one has a problem with it but if he said NIGGER, the old and wrong way to say then we might have an epidemic. At my school I hear and say that like 100 times in 2 days. We have to explain this to our teachers alot. No white person will ever understand. After those past white people in the past did so much to blacks, now some of them try to be like us, I hate it. I need a few more of my people to join this forum.

If by "us" you mean all African Americans, you need to get your head checked. The average person of any race is going to act like a normal, civilized human. When you run around saying "nigga", "nigger", or any variations of said word, as well as using similar language, no matter what race you are, you're going to be looked down on.

And however you say it, it still means the same thing. A Jap is a Jap is a Jap is a Jap. It still means the same thing no matter what context it's used in, and niether I nor any other Japanese would call each other that in a serious sense. Same goes for most other words that could be considered racial slurs and members of the ethnic groups to which those words apple. I've heard one "Fo shakka my crakka" before, but the whole room started laughing with the guy after he said it.

The strong dislike of rap might disappear if words like that were to disappear from it. Or if this double standard of WHO can say it and HOW they say it disappeared (but even then, the first option is the better one).

OR we could solve everything by bringing in an authoritarian government and banning music. That would solve everything. May I suggest Saddam Hussein as the first emperor of the Royal Imperial Human Reich-Empire of America?
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 9:40 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:

I woudln't understand? You know something? You're right. I've never, EVER understood the mentality behind this. Why? Because it makes no sense. I am, quite possibly, the most understanding person I know. I pride myself in that. I've worked my ASS off to become a person that is capable of all SORTS of empathy, and is able to get inside of people's heads and understand why it is they have done things, and why it is they act certain ways.

And aside from some quirks girls seem to have, there isn't a damn thing about people that I ahven't been able to come to understand.

Except for the "N" word.

And don't tell me that my white people kept you down. MY people came here in the early 1900's and were looked down upon by those already here. Slaves? No. But nothing was given to Italians. And Itaialians weren't slave owners in the south either.

But you want to call me Cracker? Go ahead. I don't give a shit.

But I can't call you Nigger? Or Nigga?

Then you shouldn't want anyone to call you it. Period. When there is a double standard like that, it causes trouble. Period. It pains me every time I hear any variant of that word. PAINS me. My soul is crying for this counrty, because we are on a spiral downfall and will soon be out technologied by Japan and China, out moneyed by Europe, out atheltisized by Africa, and all around outdone by the rest of hte world. Oh, yeah, and hte Middle East will continue to hate us even long after we stop being bitches to them. And it's stuff like this that helps pour into this downfall.

It's a bad word. Don't say it. Or let us say it.

PostTue Jul 12, 2005 10:31 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Vegito1471 wrote:

I woudln't understand? You know something? You're right. I've never, EVER understood the mentality behind this. Why? Because it makes no sense. I am, quite possibly, the most understanding person I know. I pride myself in that. I've worked my ASS off to become a person that is capable of all SORTS of empathy, and is able to get inside of people's heads and understand why it is they have done things, and why it is they act certain ways.

And aside from some quirks girls seem to have, there isn't a damn thing about people that I ahven't been able to come to understand.

Except for the "N" word.

And don't tell me that my white people kept you down. MY people came here in the early 1900's and were looked down upon by those already here. Slaves? No. But nothing was given to Italians. And Itaialians weren't slave owners in the south either.

But you want to call me Cracker? Go ahead. I don't give a shit.

But I can't call you Nigger? Or Nigga?

Then you shouldn't want anyone to call you it. Period. When there is a double standard like that, it causes trouble. Period. It pains me every time I hear any variant of that word. PAINS me. My soul is crying for this counrty, because we are on a spiral downfall and will soon be out technologied by Japan and China, out moneyed by Europe, out atheltisized by Africa, and all around outdone by the rest of hte world. Oh, yeah, and hte Middle East will continue to hate us even long after we stop being bitches to them. And it's stuff like this that helps pour into this downfall.

It's a bad word. Don't say it. Or let us say it.

Amen
PostTue Jul 12, 2005 11:06 pm
D-boy

Post subject:
It might be a good idea to close this thread, I believe the debate is over.
PostWed Jul 13, 2005 4:15 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I shall do nothing of the sort! This is the best discussion we've had in months! We haven't had something this good since Nightweaver and JohnnyPsycho were here! Why would I do such a thing as ending such a glorious discourse?

PostWed Jul 13, 2005 5:50 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: