нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Ack, advice needed!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Ack, advice needed!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject: Ack, advice needed!
OK, there's a guy and I am SO confused, I really don't think he's my type of person but then I'm starting to find myself liking his jokes and thinking maybe I do like him.

It's so confusing because I know he isn't the type of person I'd want to go out with but then I'm finding myself liking him 0_o and he has a girlfriend! So I don't know why I'm even thinking of him as maybe more than an idiot, plus he's on the...er....higher end of the 'popularity scale' shall we say?

Ugh, I can't even stand myself to think like this, I don't even like him!

How do I get rid of it Crying or Very sad ???

note: RLH don't even TRY to figure out who this is or anything because I am not going to narrow down the 100+ boys in my year for you Razz
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 1:56 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Best thing to do is just hang out with him. Thats the best way to get to know someone. Its not like you have to decide within a week if you like him. After you get to know the real him, and not the front he puts up to look cool infront of his friends, then you can decide. People act differntly when their friends arn't around.

About his girlfriend, either knock 'er off *aka push her out a window* or just wait. Guys *sad to say* change their preferences rather quick at that age.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 2:43 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
But I don't want to hang out with him and he doesn't want to hang out with me he doesn't even know I exist out of that classroom! Ack. Any cures for this type of thing? I really can't go on with it! My head is just messign I think, I don't want to think anything like this but then, hey, it hits me on the head! I just want it to go away...
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 2:52 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:
Guys *sad to say* change their preferences rather quick at that age.

Oh, like girls don't. It's a general hormone thing, not just limited to guys. Sad to say and all I mean.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 3:55 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sounds sort of like my situation, only different. (Wait, wait, wow, I thought that would make sense if you thought about it for a minute, but it didn't . . . )

There's a girl I think is THE CUTEST GIRL I'VE EVER SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF EVER but she's not my type. So it's annoying as hell. Because it's like that episode of Pinky and the Brain (the only episode that had a viable plot) where Brain analizes 'cute' and becomes a movie star like Shirley Temple and was SO CLOSE to taking over the world (because, as I've realized, enough cute concentrated in one spot would take over the world) . . . silly Brain. He should have known tabloids existed back in the 1930's . . . wait, what were we talking about again?

Right, this guy.

If he has a gf, then there isn't much you can do. Either he's attached to her and so he won't be interested in you and so you'll feel like crap from being rejected without being rejected, OR you'll be looked at poorly by others (for trying to take a taken man) whether you are successful or not. I've seen the later happen, and felt the former personally.

It's a sucky position to be in. All I can say, without knowing more specifics, is just take it slow, and be patient. Patience is key.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 5:32 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
"My advice to you is to move in with your in-laws. Let the boy go, but you stay. That's my advice to you." Wink
Honestly though, there's only two options in a situation like this:
A) The slow solution: If you truly do want to get him out of your mind (but you had better think long and hard about this, because you never know...), closely watch his every action and idea. If he's the kind of jackass you make him out to be, his behavior will slowly begin to wear on your patience. Pretty soon you won't be able to stand the sight of him, since your thoughts will be constantly drawn to the most annoying things you learn from him. If you want to speed this up though, engage him in a quick conversation about volitile issues, like abortion or war or the unchecked progression of world capitalism. If my hunch is correct (and they frequently are, except at the blackjack table, or the craps table, or at the checkout line after doing the math in my head of the stuff I'm buying so the amount comes out to the exact monies I have on me, or when...umm...where was I? Oh yeah, my hunch.) he'll give you an answer that will make your stomach turn. A big shot of disgust is the almost perfect cure for uncertain affection.
B) The quick solution: A nice, healthy dose of salt peter.

If neither of those work, then I'd chalk it all up to a phase you're going through. Enough time passes and you'll either forget about him gradually or you'll get fed up with yourself and your brain will reboot and erase him. In any case, hang in there soul-sistah!
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 1:09 am
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
Geez, why do all guys have to be so explanatory all the time, especially with girl's feelings! Okay dill, so you having a bit of a guy problem you can't stand him yet now your starting to get mixed feelings towards this guy. I don't know if you have tried avoiding him for awhile, because that's something I usually do with the guys that I can't stand.
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 2:19 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
we have a seating plan in the classroom...we can't move without getting in trouble -_-'

OK, I'm going to try all these things, except the hanging out thing.
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 5:11 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
DeeLite wrote:
I don't know if you have tried avoiding him for awhile, because that's something I usually do with the guys that I can't stand.

Odd, I try to avoid people I don't like too! I'd almost think it was common sense Wink Very Happy

PostSat Mar 01, 2003 5:27 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow, Spook, that was a positively STfalconish remark. Laughing

And like I said, I'm in a similar situation. I'm sorry I can't help more than I have (which isn't much, I know), but I'm usually only good at giving advice if I know the person in real life and know their quirks and habits and such. It's hard to get a good read on someone online. Sorry, Dill.

PostSat Mar 01, 2003 10:43 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Wow, Spook, that was a positively STfalconish remark. Laughing

Is that new or old skool stf?

PostSat Mar 01, 2003 8:36 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think it would be an up-beat old school. Yeah, that fits.

PostSat Mar 01, 2003 9:38 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:

No more mayo, please.
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 11:29 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
Spookymonkey wrote:

Odd, I try to avoid people I don't like too! I'd almost think it was common sense Wink Very Happy

Pity, to bad some people just cannot be avoided through some forums. Rolling Eyes Wink

dill, as far as it goes down you know already just don't hang out with him, and have as little social interaction with him as possible or else you'll probably end up more confused then what you are now.I would advice you plain and simple give that boy the cold shoulder for as long as long as you feel those mixed feeling, no matter how nice or funny he is.

I had something similar happen to me when I was nine with my classroom partner. Really nice kid and everything, but he was a complete defect ... yes at nine you boys are already defects! He would yak none stop, and start showing his scabs to me...yuck!Anyway, after a spit ball fight with him that was it for me so the next day I ended up fabricating a story to tell the teacher. Crude, to whatever happen to the boy after that but it worked, I got a new partner, moved to a new desk and class went on.
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 1:43 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good ideas...Starting tomorrow, as little interaction as possible.
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 11:45 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: