нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Who Misses Old Toonami?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Who Misses Old Toonami?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zer0

Post subject: Who Misses Old Toonami?
Hey, is it just me, (probably) but does anyone else miss old toonami? *sigh* I remember the days when I would come home watch sailor moon( I was waitng for DBZ to come on of coarse *cough*) then watch DBZ (when it was still good/ hence Im watching these Frieza reruns) then some tenchi, outlaw star, Gundam wing. ( I know all of these didnt air at the same time, but you know what I mean / probably not)

If there is a point here, I think it would be......bah, points suck.....what do you guys think about it? Got any old toonami memories that you cherish? Smile
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 7:02 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Brandon and I were just talking about how we miss old Toonami the other day. Those were truly the days. I really do wish things could be the way they were before, but I think Toonami is getting better than it has been in the past year and a half. We have Kenshin now, and more excellent animes and the like on the way. Adult Swim did take away some of Toonami's attention, but it never had the coolness that Toonami did. The coolness that I speak of is the Intruder, which still has yet to be beat in terms of Total Immersion Events. The golden era of Toonami was when Gundam Wing was showing, DBZ was at it's best, and we were still in shock from the death of TOM 1, and I highly doubt that anything that "golden" will ever happen again. Another thing is I'm now 2-3 years older (I don't remember how long ago it was...) and that probably has a bearing on how much I enjoy watching these things.
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 9:07 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Who Misses Old Toonami?
Zer0 wrote:
Got any old toonami memories that you cherish? Smile

I remember the 24-hour marathon from back in April 2000, the Toonami Full Cycle. At first, I got kinda scared when I learned what time it started (6AM? Good lord!), so I tried to fall asleep as early as I could, but unfortunately, I was very used to staying up late at night (I'm a late bird kinda guy), so I couldn't fall asleep. I finally fell asleep at 1AM. (Goddammit! Evil or Very Mad) I was afraid that I might miss the beginning if I fell asleep that late.

...A few hours passed by and I woke up, still kinda groggy. I thought it was probably 9AM or something like that, but when I looked at the clock, the time was...5:47AM! And I didn't even set my alarm clock! I was a lucky bird and watched it from the very beginning. Whoo! Victory was mine! Twisted Evil
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 9:16 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Zer0 wrote:

Toonami in 2001... The year Gundam owned everything else on the block. MS Gundam and 08th MS Team in the summer, and 0080 in late fall. But the summer, with MSG and 08thMS was awesome. I still curse CN for canceling MSG for no reason at all before it ended its run.
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 10:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

AdmiralGreer wrote:
I still curse CN for canceling MSG for no reason at all before it ended its run.

They had their reasons for stopping it. It was very war-based, and 9/11 was a horrendous time for everyone.
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 11:32 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Zer0 wrote:

Snowfall.

The sound of footsteps.

A bamboo parasol.

And the tagline:

"He is coming."

It's what got me started on my current anime kick. Cool
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 4:01 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes, Nobu, that WAS A classic promo. However, my favorite promo was the 2 minute Gundam Wing promo. That promo MADE the series reach the popularity that it had. They simply don't promote things as much anymore. They'll show a 30 second promor 5 times the week before something airs. The promos still kick mega ass, it's just that they aren't shown enough for us to actually SEE them. I never catch the new promos.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 12:48 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I remember those days too. I haven't seen any promos as good as those in a long time
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 1:18 pm
GashouseGorilla

Post subject:
Old Toonami memories? Geez...where do I start??

First, theres the old closing credits, where I think it had clips of old school Superman to the sound of Strings. There was watching DBZ for the first time ever, and how amazed I was during the battle with the Vegeta. And of course, theres the 2 minute promo to Gundam Wing (which I still watch today). I remember watching Endless Waltz for the first time and loving it. The promo to Tenchi Muyo where he's walking in the snow. I remember thinking "what the hell was that?" The promos today dont seem as impacting as they did back in the day. They're still good, but damn, how can you compare to that 2 minute promo of GW????

Oh yeah, the Space promo/music video was awesome also. It was mainly spliced with GW clips, and I remember watching that over and over and still lovin it.
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 2:00 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
I kinda miss the old Tom 1 chassis. The current one is fine, I just miss the old paint job.
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 6:55 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I miss the old Saturday night Midnight Run. That was the best of the Toonami blocks. 5 hours of Toonami on Saturday nights?!? I'm there! Not only that, but it also introduced the host of Toonami that we're all familiar with.

Hell, even just the promos for that were cool.

"Hey, insomniacs! It's late and you're too tired to hit the sack. Don't worry, we're here for you."

TOM's most brilliant line ever. Mr. Green
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 8:12 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
I still curse CN for canceling MSG for no reason at all before it ended its run.

They had their reasons for stopping it. It was very war-based, and 9/11 was a horrendous time for everyone.

Yeah, and we went to war over weapons of mass destruction. The ratings were flogging--they needed to get the show out. Quick. Then they got the perfect BS excuse.
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 9:52 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
They had THREE EPIDOES LEFT!

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 10:17 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Daikun wrote:
AdmiralGreer wrote:

Yeah, and we went to war over weapons of mass destruction. The ratings were flogging--they needed to get the show out. Quick. Then they got the perfect BS excuse.

They continued to show 08thMS Team, which was about war on the front lines...

Of course, CN is now without any Gundam... I'd even want them to bring back the old days of Wing rather then the nothing on now!
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 12:06 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
They continued to show 08thMS Team, which was about war on the front lines...

Nope. The return of DBZ (5th season premiere) took over 08th's slot on the Midnight Run just a day before the 9/11 attacks. (Remember when TMR didn't have DBZ for a couple of months?)
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 12:22 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: