нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Explaining the world through evolution :)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Explaining the world through evolution :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
Depending on who you talk to, some of us WOULD like to kill our mother and father...

But this is a simple question that can be explained by the simple nurturing instinct. The very fact that humans nurture their children more than any other creature, and for the longest time, creates memories in that child's mind of earlier times when they were treated well and therefore do not wish to kill those who have done so. Also, since most humans are familiar with the concept of the harsh laws governing murder, our self-preservation instinct kicks in and prevents most of us from killing at all, especially our parents.

But of course, there's just enough of an exception to make the "God's Natural Moral Law" theory irrelevant. If there was one that DID instill in us such basic moral fibers, then we would be incapable of murdering our parents. Yet some do.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 12:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
nightweaver is right on this one... the "moral law" if it were given by god would apply to all belivers and nonbelievers alike would it not? People in strange third world countries kick the crap out of each other and kill due to their culture. Those would be horrid atrocities by the moral law...

Its a culture thing, that we learn by experience... when we are young we lose when rebelling... and we pick that up as a habit and become sheep for life...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 12:39 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Personally, I think the "Moral Code" is a set of basic principles that facilitates society. By no means is it a law, because it really has no teeth. If you don't need society, you can tell everyone else to fuck off, with no ill effect. On the other hand, if a society glorifies mistrust, stealing, murder, et cetera, they wouldn't be stable enough to protect themselves from a well-organized gang of thieves and murderers. (Like the Roman army)

However, to play devil's advocate, why are even non-believers so reluctant to kill things? Pro-abortionists always say that the fetus is not a person. They never say that other people's children mean nothing to them. Why do pagans and Christians alike believe in the sanctity of Nature?
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 12:55 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
We are a social race. We live in groups. It's how we survived past our earliest stages (All we have going for us is our brain, 2 thumbs, and our social nature. As a species, we suck. No claws, no wings, no poison fangs, no armor, etc.).

If you see a baby drowning in a river, and you don't know who it is, your instinct is to save it. It's not your child, so it's not as if you are protecting your own genes. And you have no emotional attatchment to the child, since you don't know who it is. But you will be willing to risk your life in order to save it. Why? Because it is preservation of the species. The next generation must be protected by the previous generation. That is how we evolved. We protect the young from all we can in order to insure that they grow up and have their own young. (This could also be the reason why OMSA feels it needs to shelter kids from EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN.)

As for why some 'don't find it morally wrong to kill'. These people are few and far between, not counting zealots, which I'll address in a minute. There are very, very, VERY few people who can kill without it bothering them at all. These people are insane. It's not natural. And you can't determine human nature based on a select few.

When we are born, our mind relys on it's Id. The Id is our animal instincts. It says "Eat now" and "Go cry about it." And we listen because we have nothing better to go on. When we grow and begin to understand language, we start relying on the Super-Ego. The SE is like a tape recorder. Mommy says "It's bad to clean the dishes" over and over and so Junior will say "It's bad to clean the dishes" regardless of whether or not it actually IS bad. Zealots are stuck in this stage. Zealots refuse to think things through and take things only on blind faith and refuse all forms of logic that may hinder that view. Thinking is NEEDED to get to the next stage: the Ego.

The Ego is your own, personally thought out conscience. You agonize through it as you grow from around 14 years old to around 21, maybe more maybe less. You determine these views by thinking things through. It's a lot of work to get a good Ego, which is why a lot of people have moral downfalls: they don't want to put in the work. And even if they do, they may not listen to the Ego. You can still rely on your Id and SE al you wnat. But if you have a good Ego you will feel really immature afterwards.

But that's why Al Queada is all "LET"S KILL THE INFIDELS!" The leaders are firm in their beliefs, and make the SE so strong that the followers cannot think it through. And those that do aren't listened to, and are probably shot. But of course America just likes to piss them off almost daily . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 10:29 am
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
Just wanted to say something about that.

I don't personally hold anything against the Arab people in the Mideast. I have totally nothing against Islam. Why would they hold something against me? I mean, I know why, obviously, but it's just such a basic question that I needed to ask it.

Getting past the religious fanaticism, past the underlying desire for oil that the US is using to justify another attack on Iraq, why do we hate each other? I think it's simple jealousy. We have what they don't have. We are the free capitalists, and since they can't have our stuff, they want to bring us down to their level.

It's sad, really. Sad that human beings can do this to each other just because of some faulty myths and legends that roughly form a kind of religious doctrine.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 3:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think you're mostly wrong. Yes, they are jealous of us. But that's not the main reason they hate us. They hate us because we try to control them. We act like we can control them however we feel. If they are a threat to us, then they are evil. No shit sherlock. Of COURSE they want to be a threat to us. That's the point. We should make it so they don't NEED to be a threat to us. Instead, we try to make them STOP BEING a threat, thus giving them more desire to be a threat. We act like we know what's best for them, when our country isn't even all that great.

PostSun Dec 22, 2002 5:37 pm
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
That's great, we can tuck our tail in between our legs and let every other country in the world walk all over us just because their feelings are hurt and Big Bad America is coming on too strong. I can see that happening.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 8:04 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
And right there, that's the mentality that keeps us in an endless cycle of getting ourselves screwed. Americans are kept fat and happy, and so they don't think or question the government. So why the hell can't we do tha to other countries? Keep them happy so that they arne't any trouble.

PostSun Dec 22, 2002 10:11 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
I remember when I used to rant like this. I was king of it. Then I realized nobody cared.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 11:12 pm
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
Nah, I think you just finally realized that you can't keep up with people like me. Cool
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 11:15 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
To tell you the truth, I didn't read a single post on this thread that came before my post.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 11:22 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
That explains the uber poignancy of your posts.
PostSun Dec 22, 2002 11:31 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm sorry, NW, but CP's right here.
Those terror-y guys have to have at least a little bit of good reason to hate us. I think being an oppressive, overfed, belligerent, imposing nation fits the bill. If we actually did play nice, with everyone else, and fulfilled our REAL obligations to help people in need, we wouldn't be hated, we'd be liked. And presto, when some warmonging feudal lord in oil land wants to gather people, he can't use exaggerated hate of a far off land as a scapegoat for all their problems.
I hate to burst your bubble, but these people are not evil. Quite literally, no one in thier right mind thinks they have overall bad intentions. They don't live through their lives thinking how they, the pig-dog nation, will topple the holy pinnacle of civilization. The few that aren't absorbed into every day activities think we're the evil ones. How about that. And how, in all honesty, without resorting to stupidity, can you say they're wholely(sp?) wrong. I'm sure I have a point somewhere in here. Oh yes, here it is:
Don't be a path to grond. Be nice to others, and they will be nice to you. Don't be a lying, cheating, overbearing, opressive nation and expect to never get any backlash for it. Be a decent fucking human being, and try to have more than one narrow-minded perspective. In essence, don't be a Republican.
PostMon Dec 23, 2002 2:04 pm
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
I'm wrong. I'm always wrong. Perhaps it's because I am an overbearing, arrogant, indecent human being that I feel this way. -_-o
PostMon Dec 23, 2002 5:20 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
What are you talking about. your only wrong 99% of the time. Not ALL of the time.
PostMon Dec 23, 2002 5:48 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: