нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cardboard box indeed. I saw the trailer before I read anything about the game. Just got pointed to the trailer on YouTube from a friend. I watched it, and it was glorious, and then I thought it ended, and then it didn't, and I saw who was on my screen, I almost shat myself. I could not ask for a more random (and thus totally awesome) character to be in the next Smash.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri May 12, 2006 1:13 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
E3 to be downsized.
PostSun Jul 30, 2006 6:32 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I wonder if the E3 coverage by game sites/magazines/television channels will also be downsized due to E3's new size. After all, each site/magazine/channel probably won't be able to send it's full sized E3 staff if the number of attendees is being significantly reduced. Hmm...
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 3:49 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
'Penny Arcade' webcomic game coming to Mac OS X
By Peter Cohen, MacWorld News

At last week’s Penny Arcade Expo (PAX), the makers of the popular video game-centric webcomic Penny Arcade announced plans to release a game of their own. It’s to be entitled “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness,” and it will be produced for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.

The creators of Penny Arcade, Mike “Gabe” Krahulik and Jerry “Tycho” Holkins, have teamed up with Hothead Games to produce the title, which is described as being released “in episodic format.” That will allow Penny Arcade and Hothead to release new installments every few months by digital download.

The first episode of the game’s release date and system requirements are yet to be revealed.

Hothead bills itself as “a platform-agnostic company” that was founded in Vancouver, British Columbia earlier this year. The company comprises industry veterans who have developed games for THQ, Electronic Arts, Microsoft and others. The Penny Arcade game is their first announced title.

http://www.hotheadgames.com/pa.php
PostMon Aug 28, 2006 7:16 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sony's not looking too good...

---
PlayStation 3 delayed in Europe
When Sony's PlayStation and PlayStation 2 consoles launched worldwide, there was up to nine months between the Japanese and European releases. So European gamers rejoiced when, at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, it was announced that the PlayStation 3 launch would take place worldwide over a matter of weeks in November.

However, this morning Sony has issued a statement saying that the PlayStation 3 release date has been pushed back to March 2007 in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa, and Australasia. Sony cited 'the delay in the mass-production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group' as the reason for the postponement.

(Full Article @ GameSpot.com)
---

---
Confirmed: 400,000 PS3s for US launch
This morning in Tokyo, Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi announced that only 500,000 PlayStation 3s would be available in the US and Japan at launch, and that the console's European debut had been pushed back until 2007.

Of the 500,000 launch PS3s, 100,000 will go on sale in Japan on November 11, and 400,000 will hit store shelves in North America on November 17. "We decided to focus on the Japanese and US markets," Kutaragi told reporters at a Tokyo press conference before apologizing for the delay, according to the Associated Press. Reuters echoed the numbers and said that Kutaragi had lowered the worldwide 2006 PS3 shipment target from 4 million to 2 million.

(Full Article @ GameSpot.com)
---
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 10:26 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
Sony's not looking too good...

Hence why i'm getting a Wii. Now if only Square Enix would jump back to Nintendo.
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 11:52 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
While I think that Sony will see moderate sucess fromt he PS3, it won't be the smashing hit that was the PS2.

I also think that the PS3 will suffer from the same problems that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are seeing. The technology is too expensive to implement in the home. Most consumers will not only need to buy a new player and movies, but new TV, cables, and possibly more. Even most computers will need upgrades totaling to rediculious sums. [/rant]
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 8:16 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Microsoft to add HD DVD to Xbox 360
By Martyn Williams, IDG News Service

Microsoft will launch an HD DVD drive add-on for its Xbox 360 console in November, a company executive said Wednesday.

The drive will be available in Japan from Nov. 22 and will cost ¥19,800 (US$168), Takashi Sensui, general manager of the Xbox division of Microsoft’s Japanese subsidiary, said at a Tokyo news conference.

The drive will allow Xbox 360 owners to watch high-definition HD DVD video content on a suitable television. The system will allow viewing at up to 1080p (1080 lines and progressive scanning), which is the highest of several picture levels judged to be high-definition.

The drive is due on sale in other markets but Microsoft did not announce pricing or availability.
PostWed Sep 20, 2006 6:07 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
The drive is due on sale in other markets but Microsoft did not announce pricing or availability.

And now they have...

Microsoft has expanded on its plans to launch an HD DVD drive for its Xbox 360 console to markets in North America and Europe, the company said at its X06 gaming event in Barcelona, Spain, on Wednesday.

The drive will be available in mid-November in North America, the U.K., France, and Germany, and will cost US$200 in North America, €200 in France and Germany and £130 in the U.K.

Plans to launch the drive in other markets haven’t been announced yet although there is likely to be little demand from consumers in other countries at present. HD DVD is only just getting off the ground in major markets and hasn’t been launched in large parts of the world.

At the same event Microsoft also said it is partnering with Academy Award-winning writer, director, and producer Peter Jackson. Jackson, best known for his adaptations of the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy and “King Kong,” will make two interactive entertainment series exclusively for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live. The first will be a collaborative effort with Bungie Studios to create a further chapter in the Halo series and the second will see a new game created.

Other gaming software announcements included Halo Wars, a real-time strategy game based on Halo; a new title in the Splinter Cell series that will be exclusive to Xbox 360; BioShock, a first-person shooter exclusively on Xbox 360 and Windows; Project Gotham Racing 4, the latest in the car racing series; a Banjo-Kazooie game for the Xbox 360; and Marvel Universe Online, a new multiplayer online game.

Microsoft also said that Doom is now available in the Xbox Live online marketplace and that Sensible World of Soccer, based on an Amiga title from 1994, will soon be available through the online game download service.
PostThu Sep 28, 2006 11:59 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Someone at another forum linked to this article from Digital Battle.

Gran Turismo HD will be released in two versions: One with no cars or tracks (at all) and the other, called "premium," with 30 cars and two tracks. Then the point is to go online and buy additional cars through Sony's online system. The price of cars will range from $0.43 to $0.80, while the price of tracks ranges from $1.71 to $4.26. There are approximately 750 cars and 50 tracks in the game. You do the math.

Now, any sane person will immediately acknowledge this as probably the biggest next-gen rip-off in 2006. Never mind the $600 console or the $60 games; selling games "empty" and charging for the content is unheard of in today's videogame culture. Apparently, milking every penny out of loyal gamers is the true "next-gen" spirit.

Nice work, Sony! Very Happy
PostSat Oct 07, 2006 5:27 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Someone at another forum linked to this article from Digital Battle.

I don't follow racing games, so my knowledge about them is limited. That said, the article was written a few weeks ago, and much of that info appears to be dated...

Taking from this thread, which is stickied on the Gran Turismo section of Sony Playstation USA's website, the following is known:

---
- Gran Turismo HD is basically GT 4 in High Defination 1080p form with some extra vehicles and tracks.
- GT HD will be sold at around 20-30$...the price only counts in the Blu-Ray Disc and Manual
- GT HD will have two modes."Classic mode" is GT4 in high definition and with a few additional visual enhancements. The mode will be playable exclusively through downloadable cars and tracks. Premium mode is a single player preview of Gran Turismo 5, featuring a full-fledged PS3 graphics engine and detailed tracks and car models.
- Polyphony Digital confirmed that there will be over 770 cars,51 courses and 4,500 items downloadable online.
- To get the extra vehicles and tracks,you will need to download them via the PS3's online mode.
---

Now, I'm not saying it isn't a ripoff, but GT HD appears to be more of a "test" for what they decide to do with the 'real' game, GT5. I can't imagine anyone besides the hardcore fans buying all that stuff online though, so Sony/Polyphony Digital may have to learn the hard way...
PostSat Oct 07, 2006 10:59 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Let the advertising begin!

One of those "more is going on than it seems" dealies. I liked it, though I just don't see those kids having a spare $500-600 to put down for a system...
PostTue Oct 17, 2006 10:45 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
all they have to do is steal things and pawn them...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Oct 17, 2006 1:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Twilight Princess to have Downloadable Content?
--------------------

Speaking with GamePro, Nintendo of America's Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications George Harrison revealed that the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will offer downloadable content after release.

According to Harrison, gamers can look forward to "downloadable content, such as additional levels" for Twilight Princess sometime following the game's November 19 launch. How soon after release Harrison did not say.

Source: The Wiire

--------------------------

If this turns out to be true it will be interesting to how Nintendo handle the downloadable content.
PostSun Nov 05, 2006 9:22 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Sega and Nintendo Join Forces for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Mar 28, 2007

The legendary icons come together for the first time

Sega Corporation and Nintendo Co. Ltd. today made a historical announcement that two of the biggest icons in the entertainment industry, Mario and Sonic, are joining forces to star in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Developed for the Wii and the Nintendo DS, this momentous agreement marks the first time these two renowned stars have appeared together in a game.

Published by Sega across Europe and North America, and published by Nintendo in the Japanese market, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games will be available for Holiday 2007 and is licensed through a worldwide partnership with International Sports Multimedia (ISM), the exclusive interactive entertainment software licensee of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, players will compete in events that take place in environments based on the official venues of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Using a supporting cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, gamers will be able to compete as or against a range of lovable personalities including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails and more. Innovative usage of the Wii and DS control systems to maneuver a favorite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, engage in exhilarating rallies in table tennis and churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought after gold medal.

“We are thrilled to partner with Nintendo and ISM on this groundbreaking title,” said Hisao Oguchi, President and Chief Operating Officer, Sega Corporation. “For the first time, two of the world’s greatest games’ characters come together to compete in the world’s greatest sporting event and we couldn’t be more excited.”

“Mario and Sonic have been respectful rivals since the early days of video games,” says Shigeru Miyamoto, Senior Managing Director and General Manager, Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd.. “In fact, for a long time they have been discussing the possibility of one day competing against each other. Now that they have been given the perfect opportunity to meet at the Olympic Games, we may finally learn who is actually faster, Mario or Sonic?”

“The Olympic Games represent the true spirit of competition and passion,” said Raymond Goldsmith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ISM. “Bringing together intensely competitive and fun characters like Mario and Sonic in an Olympic setting helps showcase the sports of the Olympic Games in a new and compelling way for all generations.”

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=t5eT-QaVMFMIfXI3Z_abfVviRBskksJr
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 6:30 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: