нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The changes in the Justice League series
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The changes in the Justice League series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
So, what did you guys like about yesterday's episode?

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 11:52 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
GL and Hawkgirl did it.
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 12:15 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
***************************SPOILERS*************************
There, I didn't forget this time.

I think the Royal Flush Gang's voices sounded a helluvalot like the Teen Titans only a little deeper.
It sorta felt a bit like this:

• Ten = Cyborg
  • Jack = Beast Boy
  • Queen = Raven
  • King = Robin
  • Ace = Starfire

I don't know if it was my imagination or not. Does anyone else think this?

I liked Joker's remark, "And they would have gotten away with it to, if it weren't for me meddling with the kids."

And then we had Queen making a "Full Metal Jacket" (yes it just sounded apropriate to say it that way) and forming a sword and then a mace.

Oh, and the mace can double as a defribulator, nice to know that.

Who liked the awsome thing Flash did with the last bomb? He ran the bomb out of Vegas faster than it could go off in his hands and it looked really cool in super slow motion.

I was supposed to review the show in real time but all our computers were in use by my family so im just listing fun points.
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 12:49 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
After seeing this episode I'm wondering if Batman Beyond actually is in the same continuity as B:TAS, S:TAS, and JL. This season is really dropping the villians.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 3:51 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Royal Flush gang is a real Batman gang from the comics. You can think of BB as continuity for the animated world as long as you remember it had/has no place over on the world of the comics.
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 10:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually in Beyond Bruce talked about the original flush gang. He described as being different then the ones we saw in Beyond. So this might have been either the original version or maybe a second one. In a lot of ways i thought it helped that Joker created the Royal Flush gang. Seemed fitting. And i loved the plot twist after they found the bombs. Bringing back Harley to was cool.

And yes they were the teen titans voices. Second week in a row that i had an issue with the voices. Because Kings voice did not match his face in any way shape or form.

GL and Hawkgirl getting together has been something tha they have been leading up to for a long time. Shows the adult side of the show thats not aimed at the kids. Even joker in the middle of the episode talks about the tension between them. I wasnt expecting them to unmask her. That came way out of left field.

So next week we have the christmas episode. And then the final one.. (SPOILERS IF YOU DONT LIKE KNOWING WHAT THE PLOT IS)... which should be really really interesting. And im hoping we see a nice triangle between Hawk Girl, Hawk Man and GL
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 9:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Oh, so I was not crazy in thinking the voices were similar.
BTW: Did I get them all right?

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 12:41 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Looks to me like you got it right. Forums are acting slow so if your wrong either the trufflepig, hi Nobu!, or Andromaton will make the corrections.

Btw small thing in this weeks episode that shows they are aiming this at a slightly more mature crowd then say Teen Titans. And I mean tiny little thing. When Ace was blasting Batmans mind he actually leans over and pukes. Something that as of lately was considered a little to real for cartoons and cut out. But like like the fact that a couple episodes earlier you had Aquaman calling a couple of whales and them getting slaughted show it as well. Not all planes and helicopters land safely in JL. And there are deaths...snifff i'll miss you Solomon.

Take Flash's ego and his sponsorship deals. These are not things things that anyone under 21 would understand.

I take back 90% of all the things i said negative about the show. Im more then impressed lately. Well except for the voice work. But i'll take good plot and bad voice work over the other way around
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 5:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Now don't get me wrong....I liked the episode "HereAfter", but does anyone else besides me think that it was f**ked up to have Supes killed...by the TOYMAN?!?

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostWed Dec 10, 2003 5:31 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just proves how fragile they are. This week you had GL almost killed by Joker. Just shows that it wont take a supervillian to kill one of them. And besides he wants killed was he?
PostThu Dec 11, 2003 12:00 am
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Yeah, you're right....if they really wanted to kill him, they would've had Doomsday make another appearance.

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostThu Dec 11, 2003 9:59 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
yeah, but what would be great is if he came back under darkseids control.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 1:11 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FlashBack

Post subject:
Yea, it was a little strange that it was Toyman who took Superman out of the game. Wonder Women was about to kick his little plastic ass too if they didnt stop him. Yea it has been a little strange how all the superheroes get killed by low level villains. In HereAfter, that assasin guy in the metal suit (by the way, do the experts know who that is) was the one who would have killed Batman if Superman didnt come back from the future and save him.

Ohh yea, i am surprised the Martian Manhunter couldnt take on Clayface. Im prettty sure anytime anyplace the Martian could take him out with no problem.

I did have a serious problem with King's voice in that recent episode. I did not work at all with the look he had going. And i dont think the real Royal Flush gang was actually created by Joker. I think they were a gang that existed much earlier that had dealings with Batman in the past. I remember seeing them on a SuperFriends repeat a while back so they definitely existed before Batman Beyond spoke about them. I am pretty sure they are exactly how Bruce explained it in Beyond. In this JL episode they kind of took the idea and ran with it seeing what would happen if the Joker set up his own Royal Flush Gang. This is evident by the Gang having super powers. The real gang never had actual powers. they just just used really expensive technology.

Ohh yea, i was quite shocked with the whole GL and HawkGirl thing...Wowzers! lol. i didnt think HawkGirl actually had a face under the mask. lol. I really hate glancing at spoilers cuz then you accidentally see things you dont want to see. *****SPOILER KIND OF***** Case in point, the thing about a certain other Hawkperson coming. i didnt want to read that at all and now i have no choice but to expect it when the final episode comes on. And that just PISSES me off. lol. Anyhow, i am done with my insane ranting

Ohh Yea...i think it would have made more sense to make Ravne Ace and Starfire Queen, but im not sure about the voices specifucally so i wont bother the question too much. Adios for now!
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 12:30 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Clayface vs Martian Manhunter are a pretty even match up. Martian has two powers. One is shapeshifting and the second is hes telepathic. His shapeshifting has been taking on many forms as the series goes on. It used to be just a matter of how dense he was. Now hes actually shapeshifting. Which is interesting because when you watch the opening credits the CG version is shapeshifting.

There has been questions as to where in the continuity JL and Teen Titans takes place. And im one that would like to see a crossover episode. But JL seems to walk the continuity line so many different ways and times. So i would think of it as more of an alternate universe.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 1:27 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Clayface vs Martian Manhunter are a pretty even match up. Martian has two powers. One is shapeshifting and the second is hes telepathic. His shapeshifting has been taking on many forms as the series goes on. It used to be just a matter of how dense he was. Now hes actually shapeshifting. Which is interesting because when you watch the opening credits the CG version is shapeshifting.

There has been questions as to where in the continuity JL and Teen Titans takes place. And im one that would like to see a crossover episode. But JL seems to walk the continuity line so many different ways and times. So i would think of it as more of an alternate universe.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 1:27 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: