нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Transformers: Cybertron
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Transformers: Cybertron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laughingman

Post subject:
What Shocked , dammit SQUARE just won't give it's customers what they really want.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 6:48 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
But they just might,who knows.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 6:49 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
I'm not holding my breath.

BTW did GONZO make Transformers Cybertron or Transformers Glaxy Force. The folks at toonzone had nothing but compliments for the one made by GONZO, they said it had Transformers down just right, but I forgot which one it was.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 6:53 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
Just wait til Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children comes out.

I explicityly said TV. Nothing on TV has matched Beast Wars. Movies have already beaten it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 10:49 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
To quickly end the FFVII AC discussion, there is not going to be a game based on it. The Tech Demo for the PS3 was of the original intro to FFVII redone using models from AC.

Lastly, RPGamer.com reports that may have changed their minds and rumor abounds now that they will release a graphically updated version of FFVII for the PS3.

Now shut it and back to talking about robots.
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 12:28 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
Ever notice how Transformers Armada the game was so much better than the anime, you could actually kill Megatron. Plus it had ragdoll physics, ah the silent grace of the molten innards of a machine.
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 4:49 am
EddieB

Post subject:
I only remember G1 very vaguely since it was before my time. But I definetly remember Beast wars which was an awesome show I loved all the character cheetor being my favorite. My favorite part would have to be when rinox wrecks waspinator. The story was good and the animation was great for its time and they showed the damage very well.

These new series just seem to put everything transformers was to shame but maybe cybertron will be good, we shall see. I remember when I got a couple of them I got maybe three of the transmetals: Trantulus, cheetor, rat trap, and then I got rampage it was really cool how he could transform into three different things. Its a shame the toys are much more simple now.
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 2:54 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Having gone out Saturday night, I just now watched the new Transformers: Cybertron. (I taped it. VCRs are amazing. You should try them.)

A quick review.

At first glance, this show appears to suck less than any of the recent incarnations. A few things are bothersome, however. But first, lets go over what they did right.

The humans. The girl I don't find annoying at all. I actaully kind of like her. The other two are varying levels of irksome, though. And even if I liked them more than life itself, they shouldn't get as much focus as they do.

The fights. For a first episode fight, it had more action than I expected. Kudos.

Now for the bad.

The intro, I hated. It felt like it was made for 5 year olds. It very well might have been, tough. I'm probably out of their target demographic now.

The animation stryle, hurt my eyes. There's no shading. Everything is either SUPER BRIGHT or SUPER DARK. There are so many small details on the robots that you can't take it all in. Nothing is sleek, everything is randomly bumpy and sharp and such. I just really, really did not like it.

Damage. The robots got shot, but no damage signs. There was some smoke, which is more than we've gotten in a long time. But still, no actual damage. And Jetfire took quite a few hits.

The plot. First of all, I'm guessing this is a continuation from a previous series? If this is the case then a) Optomus has been on the planet many times now. I'm sure he already knows the traffic rules. And being a robot, his computer brain doesn't forget. I'm sure he can teach his friends. B) Megatron has the map and knows that at least a key is on a nother planet. So why does one of his men randomly fly out and get attacked? If they can teleport to another planet system, why don't they collect all of those keys first? Why are they hanging around Earth? That's just dumb.

Also about the plot, two of the Autobots got hit with powerups during the fight. That is way too random. What, are they just so virtuous that the mechanical keys know that they need help? Aside from this, it always bothers me when a small little thing gives them an UBER boost in power. But I guess you have to shut off the science part of you brain when watching this type of thing.

In short, so far, this is a much better show than anything we've seen since Beast Machines. But it still doesn't challenege Beast Wars. Thus, it sucks, but not nearly as much as it had the potential too. Really, if the animation didn't hurt my eyes, I probably wouldn't even say that it sucked.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jul 04, 2005 4:39 pm
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
i caught a few minutes of it, and i really cant disagree with anything counter paradox said i mean, i seriously saw two powerups in the last ten minutes. This is just not the quality of plot i want in a transformers anime. Im really sad that they continue to besmirch the transformer name.
PostMon Jul 04, 2005 5:26 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Having gone out Saturday night, I just now watched the new Transformers: Cybertron. (I taped it. VCRs are amazing. You should try them.)

A quick review.

At first glance, this show appears to suck less than any of the recent incarnations. A few things are bothersome, however. But first, lets go over what they did right.

The humans. The girl I don't find annoying at all. I actaully kind of like her. The other two are varying levels of irksome, though. And even if I liked them more than life itself, they shouldn't get as much focus as they do.

The fights. For a first episode fight, it had more action than I expected. Kudos.

Now for the bad.

The intro, I hated. It felt like it was made for 5 year olds. It very well might have been, tough. I'm probably out of their target demographic now.

The animation stryle, hurt my eyes. There's no shading. Everything is either SUPER BRIGHT or SUPER DARK. There are so many small details on the robots that you can't take it all in. Nothing is sleek, everything is randomly bumpy and sharp and such. I just really, really did not like it.

Damage. The robots got shot, but no damage signs. There was some smoke, which is more than we've gotten in a long time. But still, no actual damage. And Jetfire took quite a few hits.

The plot. First of all, I'm guessing this is a continuation from a previous series? If this is the case then a) Optomus has been on the planet many times now. I'm sure he already knows the traffic rules. And being a robot, his computer brain doesn't forget. I'm sure he can teach his friends. B) Megatron has the map and knows that at least a key is on a nother planet. So why does one of his men randomly fly out and get attacked? If they can teleport to another planet system, why don't they collect all of those keys first? Why are they hanging around Earth? That's just dumb.

Also about the plot, two of the Autobots got hit with powerups during the fight. That is way too random. What, are they just so virtuous that the mechanical keys know that they need help? Aside from this, it always bothers me when a small little thing gives them an UBER boost in power. But I guess you have to shut off the science part of you brain when watching this type of thing.

In short, so far, this is a much better show than anything we've seen since Beast Machines. But it still doesn't challenege Beast Wars. Thus, it sucks, but not nearly as much as it had the potential too. Really, if the animation didn't hurt my eyes, I probably wouldn't even say that it sucked.

There's a reason the plot dosen't make sense, the episode they showed is actually the 4th episode in the series. It boggles the mind as to why CN thought of doing this.

Evidence:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=144465
PostMon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Laughingman wrote:
It boggles the mind as to why Hasbro thought of doing this.

Fixed. Wink
PostMon Jul 04, 2005 9:41 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
Oops sorry, but it still dosen't change the fact that Cybertron recieved the same hack job as One Piece. Hasbro might just become the next 4kids and that frightens me. Shocked
PostMon Jul 04, 2005 11:14 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Another thing that hurts Cybertron is that in Japan, Transformers Galaxy Force isn't in the continuity of the last two shows.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostThu Jul 14, 2005 1:05 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: