нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - THAT DAMN MUSIC!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
THAT DAMN MUSIC!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingGambrinus

Post subject: THAT DAMN MUSIC!
i have been trying for the last 3 years to find out who does the music for toonami. i gave up along time ago and now i stumble apon it and im set ablaze. who is the dj? are they a dj? if so where could i find more of there stuff like a cd? recordings? for short clips its probobly some of the best drum and bass i have heard i just have to have more. Twisted Evil
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 4:37 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Joe Boyd Vigil and DJ Clarknova

We don't know who is doing them now.
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 5:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
We should keep track of how many people ask this same question. It's been at least 10. This is getting nuts. At least once a week someone asks this question. We should keep tally and try to contact Toonami and tell them that they should at least release the name of whoever does the music. It'd make a lot of people happy.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 3:31 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
We should keep track of how many people ask this same question.

It would make an interesting game. If someone asks that question, Tyler puts a non-Toonami-related video on TDA.
PostThu Mar 25, 2004 6:36 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
counterparadox wrote:
We should keep track of how many people ask this same question.

It would make an interesting game. If someone asks that question, Tyler puts a non-Toonami-related video on TDA.

like what? paris? Paris , Kentucky of course.....

Oh and do we actually know Vigil and Clarknova were the composers?
They may have been handed the already done Toonami music and told "do something neat with this"
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 9:02 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
Oh and do we actually know Vigil and Clarknova were the composers?

Vigil? Yes. He composed them entirely on his own.

Clarknova? No. He was just a remixer for the 2nd CD.
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 5:05 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
meh, let's jut go with the story taht we do know they did it. makes us look more intelligent-like... yeah, that's what it does.
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 5:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Turk

Post subject:
Well I don't think they have anyone prducing 'new' songs for any of the new shows. I think they are just using songs done by other artists.

I know that the Toonami intro song for Gundam Seed is Easy Muffin by Amon Tobin.

If I figure out what any of the other songs are used for the intros I will keep posting them.
PostSat May 01, 2004 2:53 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ooo, cool newbie with a cool avatar. Ironic that i just changed my avatar from a Stupendous Man one a week ago . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat May 01, 2004 4:06 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Damn I miss "Arabic" like, HARDCORE.

Totally.
PostTue May 11, 2004 6:02 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:

Totally.

I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere, that and it was track six on deep space bass.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue May 11, 2004 9:28 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
The DSB version of Arabic was a joke. The good one was downloadable at Toonami's page.
PostTue May 11, 2004 7:34 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
JKyle wrote:

Totally.

I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere, that and it was track six on deep space bass.
I got it too. I just miss hearing it kick off Toonami during Tom's walk.
PostFri May 14, 2004 5:32 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
dougisfunny wrote:
JKyle wrote:

Totally.

I got it too. I just miss hearing it kick off Toonami during Tom's walk.

The song that kicked off Toonami was Prayer, not Arabic. Wink Arabic was the song that played for DBZ's intro (July 1999-March 2000) and the He-Man promos.

All the Toonami MP3s are still available on Toonami's site, where they've always been for the past few years. To get there, click "Play," then scroll down a bit and find "Downloads," then scroll to the bottom of that page.

...or, if you're too lazy... Wink
PostFri May 14, 2004 4:31 pm
rhythmic

Post subject:
Toonami's music has always sucked.

It's like really old school 10-bit music combined with 1990s breakbeats. Boring and overwhored. Already been duplicated about a billion other times by low ranking drum n bass DJs.

I'd suggest looking into Ed Rush, Danny C, or Decoder if you like Toonami's music. Plus, their music sounds alot better, and they actually tried to take a creative standpoint when they made it.
PostSun May 23, 2004 3:13 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: