нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - DC Comics to enter 'New Frontier' of DTV Movies
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DC Comics to enter 'New Frontier' of DTV Movies
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: DC Comics to enter 'New Frontier' of DTV Movies
From Newsarama's DC Comics-at-SDCC Panel:

Quote:
- Paul Levitz stood to make an announcement, and spoke about a new strategy for DC to move into direct-to-video animation.

Working with Warner Bros. Home Video and WB Animation, the company will launch a new line of direct-to-video DC animated movies that are being designed with DC Comics fans in mind, Levitz said.

He continued, saying that DC is looking to do a series of titles that will tell the character bits and stories that were important to fans, and will be working with the comic book creators on them. The first title will be the previously-leaked animated film version of Darwyn Cooke's "The New Frontier". Cooke will work with Stan (JLU) Berkowitz on the film, with Cooke providing key art direction.

Another title in the series, Levitz continued, will be "Superman/Doomsday", which will take the "essence" of the Superman/Doomsday story - and will be directed by Bruce Timm and written by Duane Capizzi, who's currently working on "The Batman" animated series.

The third title in the series will be an animated version of the classic story Teen Titans story “The Judas Contract”, written by Marv Wolfman. Tom DeStano (X-Men) will join Wolfman as co-writer and producer on the film.

"This is just the beginning," Levitz said. "We're sitting around and thinking of more...so send all your suggestions in."

"We're going to take the marquee-value characters that have love across the generations," Levitz said. "And use the stellar characters so that the parental generation will reach out and share it with their kids. We're looking at all the great stories, and cases where we can find the best stories of a long run."

Levitz also added that George Perez will be working on the animated Judas Contract as well, and that Bruce Timm will be overseeing all the animated films.

"We’re looking at more than the last five minutes of history," Levitz said in regards to what will differentiate this from movies such as Ultimate Avengers.

Newsarama also has an interview with Paul discussing the project in further detail, and with Marv Wolfman dropping hints on his ideas for "The Judas Contract".

One thing to keep in mind is that these projects will not be tied into the story universe created by Batman: The Animated Series and continued through the end of Justice League Unlimited.
PostMon Jul 24, 2006 4:45 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
It's a bit unfortunate that the established DCU from Batman: TAS and Justice League won't be used for the new releases, but that's OK. Batman was pretty close to the comics at the time (except for the whole Bane thing), but Justice League was quite different from it's comic counterpart (mainly in the team's makeup in JLU, instead of different teams in the comics). I'm looking forward to a darker, more realistic take on the Teen Titans (the now cancelled version was good, but it was a wee bit too happy go lucky in places), and The New Frontier sounds good. I don't know about the Superman/ Doomsday thing, though. The whole "Death of Superman" story arc in the comics was a bit... weird.
PostMon Jul 24, 2006 5:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
So, as I was just sitting here thinking, I decided this'd be better posted here:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA, March 3, 2007 – Warner Home Video, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation are set to release an all-new original movie Superman Doomsday on September 18, 2007.

Utilizing the vast history and tradition of DC Comic’s classic comic book stories along with a more provocative and action-packed story line for avid comic fans as well as kids and their parents, Superman Doomsday features the voices of Adam Baldwin (Independence Day) as Superman, Anne Heche (Men in Trees) as Lois Lane and James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Lex Luthor, and will be available for $19.98.

Produced by Bruce Timm (Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Animated Series) and written by Duane Capizzi (The Batman, The Batman vs. Dracula), Superman Doomsday is inspired by the best-selling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics’ "The Death of Superman." When the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday is unearthed, Superman meets the creature head on in the battle to end all battles. Going punch for punch, Superman finally ends the threat of Doomsday as he throws one last punch and collapses forever – making the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis and all those he once loved.

Superman Doomsday will be available exclusively on DVD with collectable packaging as well as over 70 minutes of incredible DVD extras including:

• “The Clash of the Juggernauts” – A retrospective look at the craze which caught the world by storm. What happens when millions of fans are suddenly subjected to the death of their favorite character? Total mayhem! Going on record about the “Death of Superman” will be Paul Levitz and other DC staff as well as comic book artists throughout the industry. News clippings, reports and first-hand archival testimony from fans will be pieced together in a retrospective way. The featurette will also include a closer look at the dark Superman appearing in “The Return of Superman” graphic novel.

• The Artists Playground…From Art to Sound Design in Superman Doomsday – Producer Bruce Timm and his creative team of writers, animators and designers will take us on an exciting journey of character evolution. This documentary will focus on early character concept drawings, final character art, various stages of modeling, storyboards, animatics, layering of colors, voice talent and ultimately final animation.

• Justice League: The New Frontier - Sneak peak of the next DC Universe Original Movie

• Defeat Doomsday: Battle Challenge - Battle as Superman to defeat Doomsday in this fast-action, dexterity challenge which lets the users relive the epic battle with unique gameplay inter-cut with footage from the movie.

• Widescreen (1.78:1)

• 5.1 Dolby Digital
PostFri Mar 09, 2007 9:47 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
How do you remember all these old threads?
PostFri Mar 09, 2007 11:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sigh, some questions are best left un-ask.
PostFri Mar 09, 2007 3:41 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
How do you remember all these old threads?

It was still on the first page. Crying or Very sad
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 11:45 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
BTW, IMDB has the trailer up. Smile
PostSat Apr 28, 2007 6:15 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Followed the link, watched the commercial and got "Trailer is not available". Cute wait to give that to me until after the commercial.
PostTue May 01, 2007 6:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, sorry. I just noticed they pulled it.

FWIW, it was very-Timmesque in its character designs and movements.
PostTue May 01, 2007 8:17 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
OK, no trailer yet, but the official site is now online, with a short video featuring the various production staff talking about the film, with voiceovered storyboards and animatics.
Also a look at the DVD cover.
PostThu May 03, 2007 2:07 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
It looks pretty good. I'm still wondering why they chose the Death of Superman story arc for this feature. Looking back, the graphic novel doesn't stand too well on it's own, especially since Supes is pretty much invincible in the current comic continuity. It should still be an interesting watch, though.
PostSat May 05, 2007 8:51 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok didn't Bruce Timm leave the DC universe? He and another of the Batman writers are shown here.

I guess you could spin this to more match the cartoon then the comic books. Especially since you have the series writers on hand as well. After the last movie they did I won't hold judgement until I see it. I keep seeing the stupid Luthor from that movie in my head and in Nobu's avatar.
PostMon May 14, 2007 6:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Ugh. I almost put ol' Joker Luthor to rest, but you've brought him back. Yes, the nightmare was real...
PostMon May 14, 2007 9:53 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes sorry they were for real. If you ask the Nobu nicely he might put it back up temporarily as his avatar.

But judging by their discussion and even the line drawings this is our old Luthor not that one.
PostTue May 15, 2007 10:03 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Yes sorry they were for real. If you ask the Nobu nicely he might put it back up temporarily as his avatar.

Or not. Wink

PostTue May 15, 2007 10:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: